aftermath

3rd person POV

The days that followed the departure of Casey, y/n had done as much as they could with the turtles and April.

They went to the mall with April and Sunita, did many arts and crafts with Mikey, learnt to skate and went to the pizza place with Leo and sometimes everyone else, and Raph took them to the Hidden City.

Despite everything they did with the other four, they probably spent the most time cooped up in Donnie's lab fixing up their tech with him. Mikey and Leo being a close second.

They found peace in watching him work, and he had a habit of supplying snacks and drinks with certain rules and limitations.

Y/n also spent most nights at the lair, or either April or one of the turtles would stay at their place with them. Y/n didn't want to be fully alone, specifically in their apartment. at least not until they got used to Casey not being around.

One thing they couldn't get enough of, was the slow progress they got with Donnie and his lack of expression. The Donatello that they knew from the future was a more strict guy, but Donnie was no where near that level.

In fact, he slowly got comfortable enough with y/n that he let them use his hoodie if they got too cold in the lab or just in general, and he'd do small acts for them for seemingly no reason, wether it be allowing them to lean on him if they were tired, to letting them do small things with his tools to actually help him fix their tech, instead of them just watching and instructing.

He mainly kept the small acts of subtle affection private, but there were a few times where Leo, Mikey, and April caught some things, like how Donnie looked at y/n when the turtles caught them sleeping, or how minorly protective he'd get of them if they were all skating or something.

Those three had come together with a secret mission to eventually get y/n and Donnie together, because they all knew practically from the start that y/n had a deep appreciation for Donatello, and Donnie had taken notice of y/n, even offering up his old battle shells and tech bo in times of need.

It got to the point where they made a temporary groupchat, just for them three, where they'd talk about y/n and Donnie, reporting and discussing every little super subtle moment that they've seen, trying to make a plan to set the two up for confessions.

But anyways, currently y/n was just hanging out on their phone in the small fort they had been sleeping in, when they heard raph and Leo talking.

"Alright Leo. If you're gonna take on the full responsibility as leader, you need practice. so we're all gonna go on a mission, and you're going to lead us!"

Curious, y/n peeked out of their fort and saw that the four turtles were huddled together. They got up and approached. "What's going on?" They announced their presence with interest.

Leo quickly spoke up before any of his brothers could, forcing his way in front of y/n. "I'm going to prove to everyone that I'm the best leader, just like future me was!" He did a dramatic pose, then turned to the eldest brother.

"Alright big raphy, what do we got?" He asked intently, clearly pumped with his new found challenge. Raph smirked and turned to Donnie.

"Donnie?" He cued Leo's twin, and said turtle pulled up his tech band. "Right, it appears even more unknown mutants are turning up around the city, and they've essentially been scaring and attacking humans as a form of self defense, causing chaos everywhere." He explained the mission, only getting y/n more intrigued.