Road To Recovery (Pt. 2)

Y/n's POV

'ugh, if anyone is going to appear, please hurry it up.' sitting and waiting in a subconscious mental void was never fun, especially with the added uncertainty of who from my childhood could randomly manifest themselves.

I've been walking in this endless dream for what felt like both forever and meer minutes at the same time.

Fortunately for me, my black surroundings slowly began changing colors into a deep Royal Purple. My mind quickly went to Donatello, and I instantly felt his presence behind me.

I looked back before he could announce himself, slightly surprising him. We stared at eachother, not speaking. I didn't really know what to say, so Donatello hummed and approached.

"Greetings y/n, it's been far too long." He looked over me, but it still took a moment to respond. "Uh.. Yea, it has been." I didn't know what I was supposed to do or say. I didn't know if he would be ok if I hugged him, I didn't know anything. I did know what I wanted to do, but I didn't know what I was allowed to do.

That's how it always was with him. I grew up being so respectful that I pushed away most opportunities to hug him. The most I ever touched him was probably only when he led me to and from his makeshift labs or when I handed him tools. Oh, and when he would sometimes correct my stances during training or when I was fitted with new tech.

Donatello lightly scoffed, but he also smiled. 'oh shit, we're in my mind. He can hear everything-'

"Language." He chuckled and slightly poked my forehead. "Wha- hey! I can say whatever I want, I'm 17 now y'know." I pouted and sassed him, turning slight red in embarrassment.

Donatello just shrugged at my complaint. "Really? I haven't noticed. You were only 14 last time I saw you, so don't blame me for not wanting to hear those words from you." His comment brought back that memory, but It also gave me a way to push the memory back so i wouldn't get mushy.

"... Asshat." Just because I was respectful, didn't mean I couldn't say things that were true. Plus, I felt like getting on his nerves to distract myself. Donnie groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

I grinned, getting the exact reaction I wanted. "So true yet so childish. Now, getting to the point, Do you know why I am here y/n?" I snickered, but then I shook my head. Donatello crouched Infront of me, examining my arm.

"Master Michelangelo said that if any of you felt I needed anyone, someone would come, but I don't really know why you're here now. I feel fine mentally. Physically? Well, that speaks for itself. But I'm-" Donatello cut me off, poking my forehead again.

"I'm not here to listen to you speak falsehoods y/n. You might think you're alright, but we all know that you're just convincing yourself when in reality you're not."

Everything is so confusing. Donatello had a way of making me not know what to do or say, and I couldn't help it. I genuinely felt okay, but he told me otherwise, and I don't know if I should agree or argue.

I scoffed and lightly swatted his finger away from my forehead. "Ok then, what are you here for? Because I know for a fact that you aren't here to talk about feelings." I went to cross my arms, but instead I ended up punching my stump.