exploring the city

(A/n- this chapter does take place after the movie, as will all chapters that actually have real names and are not just like called chapter 1 and chapter 2 and stuff like that. I know it's weird, but it's my twisted way of writing and actually updating while keeping my thoughts and this world/book organized. Enjoy!)

Y/n's POV

It's already been a week since the whole Krangg situation happened. The people of New York had begun damage control and fixing all that the Krangg destroyed.

As for all of us, the turtles decided to take a much needed break. Casey also actually started relaxing, seems like everything is catching up with him.

As for me, I've been focused on healing and getting used to my new life. First I live 14 years growing up and fighting along side my best friend to stop the krangg, then Im forced to get used to 2 years completely alone, and now I'm with a younger version of my old family. It's still hard to believe sometimes.

And even though I've been here for two years now, I only really did things in autopilot and stuck to a schedule so I didn't lose myself. Meaning, I haven't exactly fully explored New York and all it's delights.

That however, is about to change. Because the turtles and april have decided to plan something for me and Casey, so we can explore and learn about the city.

Basically, me and Casey will spend a week going places with each of the turtles, starting today, and they each have different plans of what to do.

Mikey insisted on being first, so he's going to pick us up from my place any minute. Me and Casey decided that he would stay with me until he found another place, either that or we would just be roommates.

I had given him an extra room that I had, it didn't really have anything in it, it was kind of the room I used to practice my abilities so I could get back to the future, but seen as I don't need to do that anymore I had no use for it.

me and Casey were in our respective rooms getting ready, he was putting on an old outfit Leo gave him so he wouldn't have to wear his battle clothes, and I put on one of my everyday comfy yet presentable outfits.

Once I was ready, I left my room seeing Casey looking around the apartment. Even though he's been here a while, he's still not fully used to all the stuff. Despite the normal idea of what the future would be like, we didn't have technology like the past- or, present.

I called out to him, causing him to notice me. "Y/n! Great, come here, I have a question." He was very curious about everything, so I indulged him. Walking over, I saw that he was looking in the cabinet under the sink.

"Do you know how exactly the pipes and stuff work? Does each apartment have separate pipes? Or do they all have the same system?" He took every chance he could to learn about what my life has been like, and how I survived.

I hummed and put a hand on his shoulder. "That's a question more for Donnie or April, or you could always look it up on a phone or a computer." I smiled at him, patting his shoulder before hearing a knock then the door swinging open.

"Y/n! Casey! Get ready to have the time of your lives baby!" Mikey was clearly very excited, I walked over to him and Casey followed me, closing the cabinet in the process.

Mikey was wearing his orange hoodie with the hood up, his eyes sparkled when he saw us. "Hey Mikey! We're all set and ready to go!" Casey was just as excited.

After that, we left, I locked up, and Mikey began leading us down the sidewalk. He would occasionally point things out about our surroundings, or tell us about the adventures they'd have in certain areas.

Eventually, we arrived at a giant amusement park, Albearto's. Both me and Casey were amazed, but Casey looked like a little kid, staring at everything with pure adoration and curiosity.

"Mikey.. this looks awesome!" Mikey looked prideful and pleased with my compliment. He was just as excited as we were, and quickly lead us further into the park.

While there, we had stopped for funnel cake, pizza, went on rides, played games, and had a blast! Yes, me and Casey did get a bit motion sick from the bigger rides, but it was nothing we couldn't handle.

The last ride we went on was the ferris wheel, Mikey said that it was the perfect time to go on it because the sun was starting to set.

It was probably the most amazing view I'd ever seen.
I had taken a bunch of pictures with my phone, and let Casey take some too since we haven't gotten him his own yet.

After the ride, we got ice cream on the way out of the park, and just walked around. At this point the sun had already set, stars and the moon now illuminating the sky while the buildings lit up the city.

Mikey walked us back to my apartment, and on the way he minorly interrogated us about ourselves. I was asked a lot of the questions, cause I was the one that worked with the future Mikey.

"I don't remember all that much, but you were amazing. You and your mystic powers saved me and many others more times than I could possibly count! I looked up to you so much, and when I first got here all I did while getting myself settled was try to practice and find a way back." I ranted about my experiences with sensei-Mikey, only stopping once we reached the apartment, in return receiving a very big bright and proud smile from now-mikey.

Mikey then did something I would never expect, he hugged me. "I'm sure future me would be so proud of you, and I'm glad he was able to make people proud of him too."

His words touched me deeply, it was like a stab to the heart. Casey also smiled, knowing I wasn't really used to getting many hugs or deep emotions directed to me.

My lips forced their way into a small grin, and I slowly hugged Mikey back. I wish I would've been able to hug all the future turtles, and April, one last time, but this will definitely do.

When me and Mikey pulled away from the hug, the three of us said bye and he left. Casey patted my shoulder then we went inside, going our separate ways.

Once I made it to my room, I practically flew into my bed and cuddled with my pillows. I know I should be over the future, because I have everyone I knew with me once again, but I can't. I miss them. Even though I have them back, I still miss them.

Nevertheless, I pushed away my depressing thoughts and siked myself for tomorrow, because next it was Leo's turn to take us somewhere.