exploring the city (pt.3)

Y/n's POV

Light from the rising sun woke me from a peaceful night, and I slept really well, feeling pretty good.

Unlike the day prior, I checked the time and got the motivation and urge to get myself ready for the day and make me and casey breakfast.

Today I decided to put on an outfit that was still comfortable, but slightly better than the other two. I don't know why, but the thought of hanging out with Donnie made me feel a rush of energy and motivation, I felt good about myself for once.

After getting ready, I made me and Casey eggs and put his plate in the microwave. Then I took a piece of paper and wrote him a little note.

'i made eggs and put them in the microwave for you. Eat and get ready, I'm chilling on the roof for a while. :)'

When I finished the note I put it on the table and quickly ate before making my way to the roof.

The air was nice and felt in the 60's, which was perfect for me. Taking in a deep breath, I sat down against a wall next to the door of the roof, and just thought about stuff.

Eventually, my mind went to the fight with the Krangg, and what happened when they first came through the door.

My gaze fell to my bare wrist. I didn't wear the watch a whole lot, but it was still important to me. it was the last thing he gave me before I eventually watched him die. We all did.

It was the one thing that I kept more safe than any of the other tech, and now I don't have any of it. I wish I could've spent more time with the version of Donatello I grew up with. There were many times him, his students, Michelangelo, and his students worked together in battles and training.

He wasn't as empathetic as his brothers, and could sometimes be seen as too strict and harsh, but he showed and felt a lot more emotion than he let on.

A little knocking sound snapped me out of my thoughts, I had assumed it was Casey checking up on me, but when I looked it was Donnie. He had a strange look in his eyes that I couldn't quite place.

Donnie had perched himself in a crouching position next to me, he knocked on the wall to get my attention. "Hey, why are you out here?" He asked curiously.

It took me a second to respond. "I wanted to just chill and get fresh air before we all went wherever." I smiled as I finally replied, trying to hide any possible negative feeling that could have shown on my face.

Donnie nodded in understanding and fully sat down next to me. "I can see why, the air does feel nice." He shot back, and silence followed.

We just sat there next to eachother for a couple minutes. Eventually though, after spacing out again, I was pulled from my second trance by the feeling of something touching my leg.

I looked and saw a purple box. Confused, I picked it up and looked at Donnie. "What's this?" I asked tilting my head. "A gift. You lost all the tech future Donnie gave you, so after everything happened I went back and tried to find anything worthy of taking and fixing up." He explained, and it made my heartbeat quicken again.

I looked back at the box and carefully opened it, seeing a brand new practically identical version of the watch I had just been thinking about.