The Party

Y/n's POV

Today was supposed to be fun. And it really was! But.. ugh, I'll just start from the beginning.

Donnie had woken me up like he said he would, with a small knock on the window and a wave once I noticed him. After I had gotten up, I let him in and we talked a little, before Leonardo knocked on my door.

"Y/n? I can hear you and Donnie so I know you're awake. I'm just going to head to the lair. See you guys there" he didn't give us much chance to respond before he left the apartment, but he sounded emotionally distant.

It concerned me, but I tried to let it go for now. I had to admit, it was wise to be emotionally distant considering today was his last day, but it was still hard to wrap my head around.

Anyways, after he had left, I went to get ready while Donnie stayed in my room. When I was done, we went and walked all the way to the lair, meeting April and Sunita along the way.

I don't remember much of Sunita from the future, she died before I was born. However I do know that her and commander O'Neil were inseparable when the apocalypse started.

The four of us had eventually gotten to the lair, and it seemed like the party had already started. Leonardo was happily chatting with all the others. Splinter and Draxum we're speaking with him about grown up things, while Leo was asking Leonardo for training advice before he leaves.

Raph on the other hand was a few feet away cutting a mountain of pizzas for everyone, Mikey was helping him.

We were quickly noticed, and were greeted enthusiastically. Mikey had run over and tackled me in a hug. "Good morning y/n!" He welcomed me, but then he put his head beside mine. "I asked Draxum what he and Leo were doin yesterday, he said we can talk about it later with both of them" he whispered to me, then he let go and smiled.

I didn't need to force a smile, but something about yesterday made me feel slightly icky. Mikey seemed to have almost read my thoughts, because after he greeted April, he grabbed our hands and pulled us to where raph was.

"We have all the pizza out and ready! Then later we get to do a fun retrieval game that future Leo thought of!" He was incredibly hyper, but the excitement was nice.

On the other hand, I had immediately guessed what kind of 'retrieval game' Leonardo had thought of, and was confused as to why he made that excuse to have us send him back to the future a day early.

Nevertheless I went along with Mikey, and we all had food and just hung out. We played video games, went to the hidden city, and finally, made it to draxum's lab.

The icky feeling grew throughout our time in the city. I felt like I was being stalked, and it didn't help with everything already going on.

When walking into the lab, I had went to Mikey and walked beside him. "Do you know what this retrieval game consists of?" I whispered to him, and he glanced at Leonardo before whispering back.

"Future Leo said we were going to play a scavenger hunt with our gateways, but that's all he really told us. It'll be fun, right? Do you think we can do it?"

Even Mikey seemed a tad unsure, but he kept himself positive and optimistic. I forced a small smile towards him. "Yea, just remember to connect with your magic and once you're fully ready, then mix it with mine. Visualize. I'll make the actual gateways. Alright? If your arms start hurting, let me know. We'll have to keep focused the whole time, so if you have to stop tell one of the others. They can help me in your place if need be." Mikey nodded happily at me.