Aftermath

Warning: Mature content

A week later I found myself in a cute little cabin in the woods, picking flowers from my front yard. I had decided to go back to Wakanda today, since they were pretty much done with the cleanup and post-war meetings. Not wanting to do any more work, I ran away and let everyone else deal with it.

I had done enough already and totally deserved a break.

I also needed to think of what I wanted to do with my life now that everything was over. Going back and giving my mates their memories back was definitely one of them, though honestly I kinda wanted to tease them a bit and play around. Decisions, decisions.

Feeling something soft against my leg and hearing a soft meow, I looked down to see a cute little cream cat rubbing against me.

"Latte, I know I just fed you." I said, bending down to pick up the adorable kitten. Yes, her name was Latte because she reminded me of the coffee I drank. It was fitting and cute, like her, "You chonky little kitty."

"That's an interesting name for a cat." I absolutely did not scream as I heard the voice behind me. At most it was a slight yelp. But wait a damn second, I recognized that voice.

"Loki?" I gasped as I stared at the man just casually leaning against a tree, "What are you doing here? How are you here?"

Loki gave me a smirk, though I could feel the restrained anger from him. He had a stress ball in his hands that he was casually throwing up and down, in a way that was a bit threatening. Honestly, leave it to the god to make a stress ball threatening.

"Did you really think I couldn't find you?" He asked and I held Latte closer to me, causing her to meow and try to escape.

You are not leaving me alone now, Latte. We are in this together.

"Considering that we're currently in the mountains of France, I was hoping you wouldn't." I said honestly, though the look he gave me made me think I should've lied, "How exactly did you find me? And... Do you remember who I am?"

A tense silence fell over the room, interrupted only by Latte being an annoying gremlin and constantly meowing.

"I knew something was wrong when Thor kept giving me sad looks all throughout the last week." Thor you bitch, "Finally I cornered him, but he still wouldn't say anything."

I take it back, Thor you're amazing.

"Then I had a very interesting conversation with Scott." Oh no, "And he mentioned how sad it was that I didn't remember you anymore even though we had been so cute before."

"That fucking bastard," I said, but with zero anger in my voice. It was more resigned than anything, I mean- I couldn't really ask much of him anyways. It was Scott after all and I had kinda dragged him into the war at the very last minute.

"So that led me to finding Wanda, who just said you were an old friend of hers. Even Pietro wouldn't say anything." He chuckled, which did not sound happy at all, "They are all very loyal you know? Strange didn't even bother to hear me out before kicking me out of the room."

Damn, I owe a lot of people a lot of gifts when I go back, "So how did you end up here?"
"Well," Loki dragged the word out, "I finally went to the one person that I knew would tell me the truth: Fury."

Of course. I kept quiet, because what could I say in this situation? 'Oh no, how dare you go to the superspy that for some reason doesn't understand what secrets mean?'

"Aliana, you would not believe what I found down in the river!" The silence was broken by the enthusiastic voice of Wade, who bounced up the side of the house with a giggling Peter behind him. He was wearing swim trunks and an old white T-shirt that said 'I fought Thanos and all I got was this shirt' on it, while Peter just wore his trunks.