Talks With Wade

December 16th, 2014

Snowflakes were falling to the ground, the sky gray and bleak even though it was only 9am. I made my way over to the kitchen, making sure not to wake anyone on my way over. There had been a team bonding activity last night during which the Avengers had definitely drank too much.

I, being the genius that I am, had not drunk a lot. In fact, I only drank tea all night while watching everyone let loose. The team was celebrating their last time together in the year, Natasha and Clint would be leaving for a mission next week. Bruce was taking a trip to India as a vacation for himself and didn't even know when he would come back. Thor would spend Christmas with Jane then go back to Asgard to deal with whatever it was he dealt with. Even Sam Wilson would be going to Louisiana to spend the holidays with his family.

Only Bucky, Tony, Loki and Steve were going to remain in the tower. On that note, Bucky was adjusting perfectly to his mates and life in the tower in general. He got along well with everyone, regularly sparred with Natasha and had matches with Clint over who had the best aim. Bruce, Thor and him talked about adjusting to life in the 21st century and how different it was from the 50's.

His mates loved him. I had come across Loki and Bucky talking about being brainwashed more than once and I could tell they shared something they didn't with anyone else. Tony and him would spend time in silence together or just sassed each other out. Of course, Bucky and Steve were best friends as well as soulmates, so they were disgustingly happy together.

It made me so happy to see them all be together, their bond growing stronger each day. They hadn't even mentioned their missing last mate yet, at least not to me. I was glad for that, I didn't want them to focus on what they were missing but rather on what they had.

As I made coffee and took out fruit to cut my phone rang. Seeing that it was Wade calling on Facetime I immediately picked up. The kitchen was far enough from the living room that it wouldn't bother anyone and it had been a couple weeks since I talked to him.

"Honeybuns!" I called out, turning to smile at him as I went back to cutting up fruit as my coffee heated up.

"Babycakes!" Wade called out. He was dressed in pajamas, no mask in sight as he smiled at the screen, "It's been so long."

"Babes, it's only been three weeks," I said, "Hmm, you know what that is way too long without seeing your beautiful face."

"I know, the people want a piece of me. The readers probably miss me too," He said, "But I was wondering if you wanted to accompany me for a night out in town. You know, do what the kids do these days."

Finally grabbing my coffee I took a sip as I laughed, "Love, I really doubt the kids are doing what we are doing these days. In fact, I truly hope they're not."

"Gasp," He said as he gasped, "Are you saying I'm a bad influence?"

"Hmm let me think," I joked, "Last time we had a night out on town we ended up drunk, high, and somehow you were naked. We started out a club in New York and ended up in Texas, three days later with barely any memory of how we got there."

Wade just stared at me and said slowly, "Exactly. Even Yellow and White agree that that was a great time."

"Oh, it was the best time," I agreed as I cutely arranged my fruits and started prepping the pancake mix, "I had so much fun. I just hope kids are not doing that."

"Yep, kids should be home, picking their noses and watching Dora." He agreed, "And I will be seeing you tonight at 9am. Dress sexy, I refuse to be seen with someone uglier than me."

"Wade, you're literally wrapped up in a Wolverine blanket right now." I pointed out.

Wade protectively clutched his blanket to his chest, "He's beautiful," He whispered out. I just raised my eyebrow at him as he started petting the blanket.

"Also, is your suitcase packed?" I asked him. He was going on a mission over Christmas and I knew that he never packed. For the last two years I had been packing his suitcase for him, but this time it was so short notice I wasn't able to do it.

"Yep, I got everything important put away." He cheerily said. I looked at him with doubt, that wasn't a good thing coming from him.

"You can only take one fluffy blanket, Wade." I reminded him, something I had told him multiple times.

"I know," He sighed, "It broke my heart, but I only picked one."

"And you can only take two sex toys," At that he flinched and I frowned, "You're only taking two." Wade looked down and pouted, but slowly nodded.

" And you packed clothes? A toothbrush?" He slowly nodded again and while I doubted him I let it go, "So where are you going this time?"

"Hala!" He called out and I groaned. That was a whole ass different planet. As I looked at him, he was smiling widely and had that gleam in his eyes that let me know he was up to no good.

"You cannot fuck the blue alien Wade, we've been over this!" I whispered angrily to him, he pouted back at me.

"Why?" He whined, "I wanna fuck the blue alien! Don't be xenophobic."

I groaned, restraining the urge to slam my head down against the counter, "I don't think that means what you think it means. I have nothing against aliens or fucking aliens. You cannot fuck the blue alien." As I saw his pout increase in intensity I just said, "You know exactly why."

Wade just groaned but he knew that we were working through his use of sex as a way to feel accepted and wanted. He only felt shitty afterwards and it led to a dark spiral that usually ended with him dead.

"Fine," He said, "Will I still see you at 9?"

I smiled at him, "Wouldn't miss it for the world. Love you babe." I hung up the call and flipped my last pancake. My breakfast was made and it was beautiful. Fluffy pancakes, fruits and a hot cup of coffee.

Grabbing the plate I turned around only to find all of the Avengers staring at me. I yelped in surprise and almost dropped my plate, but I managed to put it on the island counter and gave them a 'what the heck' smile.

"Morning," I waved at them awkwardly, "Sorry, I wasn't expecting anybody to be up so early. I can make more pancakes real quick." Nobody responded to me, in fact they all looked rather amused. Except my mates, they looked very angry.

"Who was that?" Tony asked in a voice so angry my very first instinct was to deny anything.

So of course my fabulous answer was, "What? Who was what?"

Sadly Tony continued, "On the phone with you?"

"A phone? I have never heard of that before in my life? Who's a phone?" Aliana, you dumbass. Apparently Sam agreed with me as he started laughing. He just shook his head as he grabbed his side.

"Girl, you in trouble." He managed to say through his laughter as he left back to the living room.

What did I do?

"Aliana," Loki said in his deadly calm voice, "Who is Wade?"

"Oh, Wade, yeah." My dumbass said as if I had forgotten who Wade was, "A friend of mine. Bucky met him." At that they all turned to look at Bucky who still looked angry.

"Yeah, I thought it was him." He angrily said. I had to raise my eyebrow at that, I thought he liked him.

"Yeah, him," I said, "Now could you all stop being weird and angry and help me make more pancakes? We can eat breakfast together today."

They all shared a look that I didn't even bother trying to decipher but soon enough we were all in the kitchen making more pancakes. Well, Bucky and I made the pancakes, Tony and Steve were absolutely banned from the kitchen after the last incident. They were on fruit cutting duty while Loki made fresh orange juice.

Less than an hour later we were all sitting together on the table with everyone else. The snow fell gently outside as we laughed and talked, sharing the last moments we would be together this year. As I ate my pancakes that had gotten cold long ago, I smiled as I looked at everyone around me.

There was still so much to do, only three years left before Thanos came to Earth. But at that moment it didn't matter. I was with my family.

AN: That's it for part 3! Part 4 is coming out soon and in it Aliana will meet Spiderman and help create Vision all while having to deal with one of her soulmates learning her secret...