Final Soulmate

Saying that I was unexcited to go back to reality was an understatement. I had no idea what was about to go down, but I expected it to involve a lot of threats, maybe a bullet wound and ending in incarceration. God, I am not cut out for prison.

But, alas, all good things come to an end so I soon found myself kneeling on the floor of the helicarrier, my hands still touching Loki's glass cell. I could feel sweat trickling down my temples as I gasped for breath, my energy reserves were low but I still maintained my barrier around the cell. Looking up I could see Loki just starting to sit up in his cell, looking around in slight confusion.

"What have you done to my brother?" That was most definitely Thor and he sounded angry. As I finally glanced over I saw that I was in the presence of all the avengers, except Bruce Banner. There were multiple SHIELD agents around and in the middle of it all was Nick.

Damn, I'm in trouble.

I made direct eye contact with Nick and saw my future in a maximum security jail cell. He was just standing there, legs spread and hands behind his back as he radiated intimidation. Was that even possible?

As I stood up to try to call things down I saw Thor put his hand out and next thing I knew he had mjolnir in hand. As he swung it down I threw my hands out in pure instinct and sent him flying backwards. Which had every SHIELD agent and Natasha drawing their guns and pointing it at me.

"Look, this is all a really big misunderstanding," I tried to explain, "Like seriously, I am the least threatening person in this room."

"I find that hard to believe given the circumstances," Fury said, "On the charges of breaking into a government area and fraternizing with the enemy as well as harming SHIELD personnel, you are under arrest and in the custody of SHIELD."

I knew that I was going to go to jail.

"Ugh, you stop a god from trying to destroy New York and save his ass from brainwashing and this is the thanks you get." I muttered to myself, but I saw Steve's face twist in confusion while Tony raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, so you're another one of the crazies," Tony told me, "A fangirl of Reindeer games come to save him?" Before I could say anything back to me Thor interrupted.

"What do you mean you saved Loki from brainwashing?" At that I raised my eyebrow and just pointed my thumb at Loki behind me, who had been quiet this entire time.

"Your lovely murder brother was under the influence of some alien dude." I explained, "Like seriously, did you not notice? What did you think him suddenly acting weird, running away from home and throwing the temper tantrum of the century by trying to lead a whole damn alien army against Earth was? Just another Saturday for Loki?"

"I did not run away from home, mortal." Loki said, "But I do thank you for your assistance in freeing me from my bonds." Oh my god, Loki just thanked me. Holding back a squeal I sent him the biggest smile I could, receiving a tiny one in return.

I could die happy now. Sadly the moment was interrupted and I was forced to tune back into the conversation.

"You are the most untrustworthy person here Rock of Ages," Tony said, "And am I the only one questioning this whole situation in general."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Stark is right," Fury said. At that Tony turned to him and pointed, "I want that recorded and printed on a t-shirt," Tony said, but nobody seemed to pay attention to it.

"Wait Man of Fury," Thor said, "I believe this mysterious lady may be telling the truth. The recent actions of my brother are not that of his usual self. Mother did say that he was under a spell, I believe this is what she meant."

"Wait, your mother literally said he was under a spell and nobody thought to follow up on that?" At my question Tony held back a laugh and it seemed that Steve did too, though he hid it better. I felt butterflies in my stomach that I viciously mentally killed. Now is not the time for romance.

"We need to consider this elsewhere." Natasha still had a gun in her hands, but it was slightly lowered. Ok, progress. Baby steps are still steps.

"Ma'am, we'll need you to come with us for questioning." Steve had fully lowered his shield, though his posture was still quite defensive as if he was ready to tackle me to the floor at the slightest wrong move.

"Oh my god, we're really doing this," Tony said, then he turned to look at me, "Just so we're clear, make a wrong move and you'll go straight in a prison cell." His gauntlet was still on and he was definitely threatening me, but all I could think about was how much this man was on his way to total DILF category.

Do not say yes daddy, do not daddify Iron Man when he clearly doesn't like you.

"I have a lot of questions that must get answered," Thor said, "I request that you put down your shield and come with us. If you are not a threat then prove it to us."

This was good, I mean honestly better than I was expecting. I had a whole backup plan where I had to mind control my way out of this situation then move to a little village in the Alps and live in seclusion for the rest of my life raising goats or something. But, for some weird ass reason the Avengers were willing to trust me. Well, not really, but they were at least willing to hear me out.

"Ok, yeah," I said, "I can definitely do questioning. So, I'll lower this barrier and like what then? Ya'll take me away or something?"

Fury stepped forward a case in his hands that I will not question where or how he got it. He snapped it opened and in it was one of those power dampening collars that were honestly so ugly.

"You claim to not be a threat," Fury raised one of his eyebrows as he held the suitcase open, "Then lower your shield and put this on. You will then be taken to a secure location for questioning were we will decide whether to put you away for life or not."

"Fury... dude, man." I said, "We really need to work on your persuasion skills." I turned to Loki, who held a fist up to his face as he turned around and coughed. I sadly put a hand up to the glass separating us and said, "For what it's worth it, I want you to know that I regret nothing. Take this chance and talk to your brother. And I mean, like really talk, don't let your pride get in the way and somehow end up digging yourself deeper into a hole. You have a silver tongue- use it to say the truth for once in your life."

Loki raised one of his brows in the most sassy way imaginable, "Am I supposed to take advice from a soon to be prisoner?"

"Dude, you're literally the one in the cage right now." I snapped back, though somehow I knew there was no malice in his words. In fact, I would even say there was a hint of humor.

I made my way over to Fury as he stood surrounded by Natasha, who had holstered her gun but kept her hand on it, Steve with his arms crossed, Tony with the gauntlet lightly shining and a whole bunch of SHIELD agents around. I sighed and took the collar, snapping it around my neck.

It did nothing. That was the first thing I noticed, the second being the slight frown making its way across Fury's face. I quickly took down my shield, no way was I letting this man know that I was still a badass superpowered woman.

As soon as my shield was down I was grabbed by like two agents and forced to turn around and walk. But not before I saw Steve, Tony and Loki looking at each other in pure surprise.

"Mate." I don't know who said that but I did know what it meant and I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed till now.

Loki was my fourth and final mate. And here I just thought he was hot, elegant, poised and regal. Nope, he was also my soulmate who I hadn't noticed since I put up like five barriers around myself and never took them down.

But, how the heck did Steve and Tony not notice?