Leaving Training

I was born an orphan. I know, not the happiest thing to start off with, but eh. Anyways, I was left at the hospital and promptly turned over to the system. I stayed at an orphanage till I was 14, my time there was what I would describe as neither good nor bad. I got along well with the adults and other kids there, experienced no abuse and always had food to eat. However, after I left I felt no attachment to the place and simply went on my way.

I went to a boarding high school where I did well enough to get a full ride to college. Once again, it was easy enough for me to leave, feeling no attachments to anyone or anything. It wasn't like I was lonely or sad, I wasn't. I had friends and I had fun, but once I left it felt like the end of a chapter in a book. It was simply time to move on, and I had no issues with it.

In college I majored in nursing, for no other reason than job security and a liking of biology. There I met the person that I would go on to call my best friend, Lily Anderson. Lily stuck to me like glue, we were roommates in college and as soon as we graduated we moved in together. She had applied to the same hospital and worked on the same floor as I did. When she got engaged to her long-time boyfriend she cried as she moved out and asked me to be her maid of honor.

I remember crying when I looked at her empty room.

* * *

As I opened my eyes, I once again found myself in the darn training room. I had no idea how long I had been here, but I wanted out.

"Please proceed to Training Area B for warm up exercises." I groaned as I heard that darn robotic voice, throwing my arm over my eyes in hopes of blocking out reality. I had no idea how long I had been in this room, but it felt like eternity. Everyday for what felt like hours I would have to train. It started with a 'light' run that left me gasping for breath and covered in sweat, followed by weight exercises and hand-to-hand combat with a doll that would magically appear. Then we would train my telekinetic abilities.

After another grueling day, I fell against my bed and cried. I was lonely and had dreamed of Lily again. My only friend and the one person I missed in this God forsaken space. I wondered how she was doing after my death. The police wouldn't have found a body, would they? I hoped that Lily didn't cry too much and that Amir stayed with her. They were supposed to get married in the spring, hopefully my death didn't ruin their wedding plans.

"Training has been finished," My eyes flew open as I heard what Mysterious Voice said, flying off the bed.

"What?" I asked, "You're not joking, right?" Finally, after the hell that was training, I got to leave this damned place. No more getting beat up all day long and having to push myself to my absolute limits. I could be free to sleep all day!

"Your soul will be transported to what has been labeled the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Commencing transfer in 3..." I gasped at what Mysterious Voice said. The MCU? That used to be Lily's and I's favorite movie series.

"Wait, you mean the Avengers are real?" Of course, my question was never answered and next thing I know, the countdown is finished and everything goes dark.

* * *

The sound of kids laughing and a beautiful blue sky were the first things my brain processed when I woke up. I groaned as I sat up, noticing that I was lying in the grass underneath a tree. As I looked around I saw that I was in what seemed to be a park and heard what sounded like cars in the distance. Looking up, I gasped as I saw what was obviously the Manhattan skyline with a very noticeable building in the background.

The motherfucking Stark tower.

"Well, fuck me." I whispered, "Looks like I'm really in the MCU."