Battle of New York

The Hulk was in the glass container that they had kept Loki in, pacing around and occasionally hitting the glass walls.

"Wow, he looks very cozy in there." I said, walking towards the cage as Fury and Hill stood behind me.

"Are you sure you can calm him down?" Hill asked, stepping forward. Fury put an arm out to stop her and just gave me a look that definitely said 'continue.' I was now right in front of the cage and the Hulk had stopped trying to destroy everything and stared at me. Choosing not to waste any time, I immediately went into his mind. It wasn't hard, while the Hulk was incredibly strong, his mental defenses were weak. As I forced my will on him, the Hulk fell to his knees, clutching his head and screaming.

I soothed him mentally, softly dragging Banner back to the surface. In less than a minute Dr. Bruce Banner was lying on the floor, his clothes in tatters.

"Welcome back Doctor." I said as I knelt down to his level outside the cage, "So glad you could join us again."

Banner looked at me and smiled weakly, "What did I miss?"

* * *

Barton was kept in a pretty darn high security cell, tied down to an uncomfortable looking chair. Natasha was watching him, she looked unaffected but I could feel her worry almost seeping out of her.

I knocked on the window and smiled at her, signaling for her to open the door. She stared at me for a few seconds but eventually opened the door, letting me step inside.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me, surprisingly not meanly. I knew she wasn't a bad person, but she was incredibly protective of those she cared about. Like Barton.

"I'm here to free our resident Robin Hood from the clutches of evil aliens." I stood next to the chair and looked at him, his eyes were still an amazingly bright blue. Placing my hands gently on his temples I closed my eyes as I looked into his mind.

I found myself in a beautiful field, the trees were in full bloom and there was the sound of children laughing. Walking towards that sound, I saw Barton sitting under a tree watching the woman play with the two children.

Sitting down next to him I touched his arm, getting his attention.

"It's time to go," I said, "You're needed out there." Barton looked at me in confusion, but I just grabbed him and destroyed the scenery around him, forcefully breaking the control the stone had on him.

Bringing him back was so much easier than Loki, fortunately. As soon as I opened my eyes we were back in the room and Barton was groaning.

"What did you do?" Natasha asked as she passed her hand over Barton's hair. Stretching I pointed at Barton's eyes, which were hazel once again.

"He's all good now." I smiled and walked out of the room, going down the hallway. As I was about to turn the corner, I saw Steve walking into the room.

"Oh, so the fight in New York is next. Neat, almost done with the Chitauri plotline then." I hummed, skipping down the hallway and towards where I knew Fury was. It'll be interesting to see how different everything will be now that Loki is on our side.

* * *

I found Fury standing in front of the giant windows, Hill next to his side as always.

"Those cards... They were in Coulson's locker. Not his jacket." She said as she watched Fury play with the cards in his hands.

"They needed the push." He said, as he stared out into the sky. I joined them, not saying anything and as we stood there a plane could be seen flying away from the helicarrier, "They found it." In the background a voice could be heard announcing the unauthorized departure.

"They're going to Stark tower." I said as I stared at the plane that was quickly disappearing, "Think you could take me there?"

Ten minutes later I found myself on a plane with Hill as the pilot. Fury had stayed back, doing his super important spymaster stuff. Since Hill wasn't talking I took out my phone and put on my Spotify playlist that I shared with Deadpool.

I Need a Hero started playing, which I thought was appropriate. Hill just gave me a side eye and continued flying the plane.

* * *

I was sitting in a coffee shop, enjoying a muffin and a latte when the sound of explosions went off. A giant portal was opened on top of Stark tower from which came down a giant armored covered worm-looking creature.

"And so it begins." I said as I closed my eyes, sipped my latte and let my mind wander until I found the Avengers plus Loki. They were standing in a circle as Stark brought this giant worm near them. Banner stepped out and turned into the Hulk, punching the creature as Loki and Tony hit it with magic and lasers, blowing it up.

However, they all soon stood still as they looked up at the giant army coming through the portal.

Opening my eyes, I continued sipping my latte as everybody ran in panic around me. We were just a block away from Stark tower, right in the middle of the fight. As I brought the cup closer to my lips, an alien crashed through the window and hissed at us. Whoever was left in the coffee shop ran away at that moment and the alien approached me.

"Honestly, you are so ugly." I said and it hissed at me again, preparing to strike at me. I waved my hand at it, throwing back out the window. Sighing, I stood up and looked over at the cashier that was hiding underneath the counter, "Can I take this coffee to go?"

The cashier nodded at me and handed me a to-go cup where I poured my coffee in.

"Have a great day!" I called out as I walked out the cafe and made my way down to Stark tower. I readjusted the backpack I had on and threw away any aliens that approached before they could touch me. Soon, I made my way into the first floor of the tower easily bypassing all the security systems. 

Stepping into the elevator, I drank coffee as I waited to get into the penthouse. Once there I looked out and saw Selvig with his portal machine thingie and approached him, hiding my presence. Reaching out to him, I touched his temple, undoing the mind control.

"What, where am I?" Selvig asks as he looks around him.

"Stark tower, New York City." I answered, putting down my bag next to him and taking out the scepter I had in it. Selvig stepped away when he saw it, but I just smiled and handed it to him.

"Give this to Natasha when she comes up." I said and turned around to face the blue alien making his way over to me.

"Hello there," I smiled at him, "Would you care to join me as we watch your plan majestically fail?"

The blue alien lunged at me with a sword, which I stopped in mid-swing.

"Ah ah," I tutted, "Now that wasn't very nice." I raised the alien up into the air and held him there. He struggled as he tried to come back down, but I kept him up there.

"Release me from this right now, human!" The alien growled at me, his voice sounding surprisingly smooth. Ignoring him, I made my way over to the window away from Selvig where we could watch the fighting below.

"Isn't it funny that an entire alien army is being held back by two assassins, a super soldier, a genius billionaire, one very angry scientist and two Asgardians?" I asked, to which the alien just huffed.

"The Chitauri will win, our army is beyond human comprehension!" Wow, talk about patriotism.