Steve's Lost Boyfriend

Steve did not look happy as he sat down next to Bucky, arms crossed over his chest as he glared at everyone in the room. Fury, Hill and I sat down at one end of the table while Steve sat with Bucky at the other.

It had been a pain to calm him down, Bucky having to force Steve to sit down and listen. He had done so reluctantly, glaring at everyone as if we had been the ones keeping Bucky away from him for the past 70 years.

We weren't. To be fair it was mostly the ice and an evil organization. I did nothing.

"So," I said, "I'm sure you're wondering why I've gathered you all here today." Everyone just stared at me and didn't laugh, "Tough crowd." At that Bucky gave a small smile, which quickly disappeared.

"Fury," Steve said, "Could you explain why my soulmate, who I was told was dead for the past 70 years, is doing in your office?"

Fury just stared at Steve for a moment and then said, "I believe that is a question that only Aliana can answer."

Fury, you bitch.

Steve turned to stare at me, at least he wasn't glaring, but it was a very intense stare.

"Aliana," He said, "What does Fury mean?"

"Uhm," I moved around nervously in my chair, "Yeah, so, the mission I was on was actually a retrieval mission. And what I retrieved was, well, Bucky."

Steve raised an eyebrow and slowly said, "You retrieved Bucky? From where? How is he still alive?"

I gave Bucky a 'help me' look, not wanting to tell Steve everything that he had gone through without his permission.

"Can you leave us alone?" Bucky asked, looking at Fury and I. Fury nodded and stood up, Hill silently following him.

"You can use the office as long as you need." He said as he left the room. I stared at Bucky, not wanting to leave him alone as I knew how difficult it would be for him to talk about.

"It's okay, doll." Bucky told me to which Steve gave me a weird look, "I'll be fine."

So I left, leaving him to tell Steve everything that had happened since he fell off the train.

* * *

"I don't know Fury, how can someone just tell their soulmate 'yeah, babe, I've been brainwashed and treated as a weapon for a couple decades, lol'?" I asked Fury as I paced around his office. I had pretty much been saying the same thing for the past hour, as Steve and Bucky still hadn't left the room.

I was pretty sure they were fucking. But I was still worried.

"Aliana, sit down." Fury said, to which I just sighed and threw myself on the chair in front of him, "Go take a walk outside and calm down. You are making me anxious and I don't like that."

I groaned but still stood up and left, sticking my tongue out at him as I did so.

SHIELD had a nice outside area with large training fields, though my favorite place was a cute little park set near the river. There was a bench right below a tree and though it was the end of August there was a nice chill in the air. Breathing in and out a couple times, I felt myself calm down.

I leaned back on the bench, raising up my head to stare at the cloudy sky. Sometimes it was still hard to believe that I was actually part of this world. That I had friends here and had gotten powers. There were moments that didn't feel real, that made me feel like I was still an outsider. Such as now, when everything was quiet and peaceful around me and I felt like the only person in the world.

"Aliana," A voice said, making me jump up slightly. I turned around and there stood Steve, his hair messy and his eyes red. Standing up I walked towards him.

"Steve," I said, "What happened? Were you crying?" As I got near him, he reached out and hugged me. Not knowing what to do or why this was happening I awkwardly patted him on the back.

"Hey, it's alright," I said but he just hugged me tighter. His arms were warmed, as he usually ran hotter than most people thanks to the super soldier serum. They were also really big, enveloping me completely and making me feel small. The scent of sweat and something deep and musky reached my nose, making me wonder if he and Bucky had actually been fucking in the room.

All in all, it was a very good hug. 10/10 would recommend, in fact he could just keep hugging me as long as he liked. I closed my eyes and nuzzled into his neck, enjoying the feeling for as long as it lasted.

"Good God Steve, you're going to smother her," Bucky's voice said, and I wondered when he had gotten here. Steve let go of me and looked down at me with those shiny blue eyes of his that were still a bit red.

"Thank you, Aliana," He said, "I don't know how I can ever repay you."

Smirking slightly I opened up my arms, "I take both cash and hugs as payment." At that both Steve and Bucky laughed. However, I did get a group hug out of it, so I'm pretty sure I was the one that won.

* * *

When we took Bucky to the tower Tony and Loki were already waiting in the penthouse. I had told Steve and Bucky that I should just go straight to my room which was only a floor below since only Tony and his mates lived in the penthouse. They outright refused and dragged me into the elevator with them.

I could tell that Bucky was nervous, his left hand kept twitching and Steve reached out to hold it, giving him a supportive smile.

"They'll love you," He promised and Bucky gave him a shaky smile. Meanwhile, I was making myself smaller, wishing I could just go invisible and teleport myself out of the situation. I had the stones with me, should I just use them?

Before I could make a decision, the elevator doors opened and out we went to face a very nervous looking Tony. Even Loki looked nervous and that man could literally just cast an illusion to hide it, but I guess he was choosing not to for his new mate.

As they went over to each other, sharing whispers and tentative touches I made my way over to the kitchen. Should I make a sandwich or just take the bottle of tequila with me back to my room?

"Aliana," Tony called out, sounding like he was holding back tears, "Come here."

Tentatively turning around I looked at the four men that were staring at me in awe. Oh god, emotions.

"If ya'll are going to thank me, I was literally just doing what I was supposed to," I said, to which Tony just laughed. But like, cry-laughed, "Please don't cry. I can't handle that."

Loki shook his head and walked over to me, "You can't escape this time." He said as he gave me a hug. I moaned dramatically, going limp in his arms. Loki just laughed and carried me over to the living room.

"Of course you're going to get thanked after what you did," Loke said, "You not only saved our soulmate, but gave him his mind back."

I was going to argue, as that was a little dramatic, but Loki just tutted at me and sat down at the end of the couch. Tony reached over and picked me up from Loki's lap to place me on his.

"What do you want?" He asked, "Say it and I'll give you anything." I sighed again and leaned back onto his chest.

"Y'all are dramatic as hell, you know that right?" They just laughed and kept pestering me about what I wanted. How was I supposed to say that at this moment, surrounded by all my soulmates and feeling more at peace than ever before I didn't want anything?

AN: Thank you for all your ideas about Book 5, I finally know what to write! I think you will all really love it, it's coming along so well.