Work/Life Balance is Unattainable

June 6th 2017

"FRIDAY can you call Peter Parker into my office?" I asked as I looked through the finalized plan in front of me.

"Of course, Ms. Gomez." FRIDAY answered and I thanked her. The trip to Wakanda had been in the planning stages for months now and we had finally gotten the approval of the Wakandan government a couple days ago. Stark Industries would officially be the first foreign company to make a deal with Wakanda and trade tech information with them.

It had been hell to plan this, but luckily I had some insider information by the name of Shuri to help me. So, in three weeks Tony, Steve, Bucky and I would travel to Wakanda along with a couple other Stark employees to finalize the deal.

Loki would sadly not be accompanying us since he was with Thor on some mission or other. I really should know more considering that I was the one that had sent Thor on that mission.

Last year when he came into the room to ask me about Ragnarok all I had told him was, "Ask your father. Ask him about Hela and the truth about Asgard." He was of course angry, but then he went on some long trip and last month he dragged Loki with him back home.

I was very glad to be left out of the family drama.

(Yeah, technically Loki and by extension Thor were now my family but I did not want to get involved in that family's drama- I was staying far away from it.)

A knock on my door interrupted my train of thoughts. Looking up I saw Peter standing there, smiling sheepishly.

"Hi, Ms.Gomez. You called for me?" Peter asked and I nodded and signaled him to come in. As he sat down I smiled at him and placed the Stark pad in front of him.

"In about three weeks Stark Industries will be taking a trip to Wakanda to finalize our working relationship. As Tony's personal intern I would like to invite you to come." I coughed at the end to hide my laughter as Peter was starting to look like a fish. He kept opening and closing his mouth, no words coming out.

"Shall I take that as a yes?" I grinned at him and watched as he jumped up and nodded.

"Yes, yes!" He said, "Oh my, Ms. Gomez do you even know what this means? Wakandan technology is some of the most advanced out there, I mean their princess Shuri has revolutionized the engineering world almost five times already!" He kept talking but I sort of tuned him out and just watched as he rambled.

"Well, I'm glad you're excited," I finally got to say as he blushed and stopped talking, "I'll send over all the details to your email, we are leaving the first of July and should be back a week later. Remember to pack professional clothes as well."

Peter nodded again and moved to leave but I stopped him, "So, how's it going with Wade?" At that he blushed and quickly sat down. I knew that Wade had finally asked him out on a real date last weekend.

It had taken Peter getting shot and almost dying in his arms, but they finally declared their love for each other. Somehow they didn't know they were soulmates, though Peter had seen Wade's mark.

He. Had. Seen. His. Mark.

Multiple times, like they had sleepovers for years and are literally dating and still don't know they're soulmates. I think that as soon as Wade sees Peter's mark he'll know because Peter clearly isn't getting the hint.

By the way, Peter's mark is on his ass. Don't ask how I know that- it's a long story. Anyways, it's a set of crossed katanas so I hope that as soon as Wade sees it he'll know. If not I will be intervening.

"It's going really well Ms. Gomez," Peter said shyly, "We went out to the movies on Saturday and he came over to my house on Sunday morning and made pancakes." Oh how cute. Such pure love, I ship it.

* * *

I would never admit it to Strange, but he was right. My mates had gotten incredibly possessive over me which meant daily check-ins. It used to be three times a day but I revolted and got it down to once a day. This usually meant breakfast or dinner together because apparently text messages and Facetime don't count.

Learned that the hard way after trying to spend a weekend in Italy ended up with Tony going on the news reporting me missing and asking for my return. As if I hadn't texted him that morning that I was alive.

I also refused to move into the penthouse with them, I needed my privacy after all and living with four men would drive me insane. I loved them, but me time was me time and I could not live with them 24/7. Maybe in the future but definitely not now.

Usually the check-ins would be no problem, more often than not I slept with them anyways- these men have an amazing sex drive let me just say- so I would end up there for breakfast and then tried to disappear the rest of the day. Which never worked out since they knew where I worked and would visit.

Steve and Bucky would even bring me lunch, which I just started accepting since they got really sad when I would go to the cafeteria instead. Loki would always drag me out at 6pm sharp, never letting me work overtime. Though Tony got to work overtime, something about him being the owner of the company or whatever. Let's all admit that Pepper was the one keeping the company going.

Long story short, when Loki left he gave me a magical mirror so he could communicate with me at anytime. He would call everyday, usually calling late at night when all of us could talk but weirdly today he had called in the afternoon.

"Yo, Loki, what's up?" I asked, opening up the magical mirror and seeing his face. I tried not to gasp dramatically as I saw him covered in blood and looking half beaten, "Yikes, who did y'all piss off today?"

Loki sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Thor has been kidnapped by a fire demon. I have to go rescue him, so I won't be able to call for the next couple of days." Welp that was definitely not what I was expecting to hear, "Tell the others that I love them and that I'll call as soon as I get my stupid brother back."

Aww, he was being emotional. I smiled at him, "Love you too Loki-buns. Good luck beating that fire demon!" I blew him a kiss, ignoring the grimace on his face when I called him that nickname. He hates it but hasn't said anything about it yet, so I will keep using it.

Setting down the mirror on my desk I sighed and felt my anxiety rising at what Loki had just told me.

Thor had been kidnapped by Surtur, which meant that soon he would know that his father was no longer on Asgard. I had sent him through the nine realms so far, having him look into their history and see the battles from their side. He had come to me on multiple occasions, despairing that the glory of Asgard was marked by the blood of innocents and wars that didn't need to be fought.

But now he would know the truth. So far, he hasn't been able to find anything about Hela, not even his father would give him any information about her. However, I know that now he will find out about his lovely little murder sister and I know that that will lead to the fall of Asgard.

God, I can't believe that Ragnarok is going to happen right around the same time I'm supposed to leave for Wakanda.

Seriously, how am I supposed to have a work-life balance under these conditions?

AN: First part of book 6! It's honestly crazy that we are already here, when I first started this book I did not know it was going to be this long or have the storyline it does. Honestly, I thought it was going to be 20 chapters but now here we are. Welp, hope y'all like it!