Saving Bucky

Eventually the day came for me to leave for Siberia. The plan was to meet up with Deadpool first at SHIELD, then teleporting out of there. I had two suitcases with me, packed with the outfit Tony had made me, but also normal everyday wear since I would need to blend in in public.

Wade had already gotten a safe base for us in Sokovia, which was far enough from Siberia that nobody would expect us to be there after kidnapping Bucky....Well, saving him.

But we would immediately transport to Sokovia after saving Bucky and keep him locked in the base. It was far enough from a city that we could safely handle him without worrying about him attacking civilians, but close enough that Wade could drive into town and buy supplies.

"Okay, that's everything." I say, dragging my two suitcases with me to the living room, where an agent was waiting ready to drive me to SHIELD, courtesy of Director Fury.

"You sure you got everything?" Steve asked as he and Natasha stood around waiting for me to leave. I nodded as the agent pressed the button for the elevator.

"Be safe," Nastasha told me and I just reached out and hugged her.

"Thank you Natasha." I said, enjoying the rare show of public affection from her.

"Take care, call us if you need back up." Steve said, as I hugged him too. His arms were so warm against me and I could smell the body wash he had used this morning.

"I will." I said, a false promise if I ever made one.

As the elevator came, I got into it with the agent who had both of my suitcases. At the last minute Natsha got in too and pushed the button to go down.

"Nat?" I asked, confused at what she was doing. We had just said goodbye, there was nothing else to say.

"I have something to say to you." Well, I was wrong, "But in private. So, I'll be accompanying you to SHIELD."

Still confused I just nodded as I would never dare to go against her, so I just silently agreed. Once we got to the car, Natasha got in the back with me, the agent getting into the front and driving. She pressed the button to lift the partition up and sat down next to me, looking very comfortable.

"So...." I said, "You need something?" What does one say to Natasha Romanoff when she's being all dark and mysterious?

"What do you think about secrets, Aliana?" She asked me, which was not what I was expecting at all.

"Big fan of them." I said, "Why?"

She took a second before responding, "Everybody has secrets. Parts about ourselves we hide to fit in, white lies we tell to not hurt others." She hesitated before continuing, "There is no such thing as a person without secrets. And they can be good, they can save lives, relationships. but they can also destroy them." As she said this she looked at me

"Are you saying I shouldn't have secrets?"

"No," She shook her head, "I believe in you. But the fact of the matter is that even after two years of knowing you, we barely know anything about you."

I grinned as I said, "That's true for most of your coworkers nat."

"Not my friends." She replied. At this I could feel my heart skip a beat.

"Are you saying we're not friends?"

"No Ali," She said, "As I said, I trust you that doesn't come easily to me. You've saved our lives and I know you would die for any of us."

"So then what is it?"

"You need to be careful Aliana." She said, "I don't know what you're doing, but I know not a single thing you've said so far has been true. I don't need to be the God of Lies to know that you have weaved a web of lies so intricate you might never be able to get out of it."