Moving Into the Tower

This is the end of Part 1! This first part was meant to establish the character as well as set up the rest of the book for their developing relationships and personalities. I hope you all liked it and are excited for part 2 where we get to take a closer look at Aliana's past and her developing relationship with her soulmates! I will be taking a break next week to finish writing part 2, but will be back soon!

Walking out of the room, I had my backpack on with the box inside of it. In it were two infinity stones, powerful enough to bring about the destruction of humanity if in the wrong hands.

"Alright 'Pool," I said to Wade who was waiting outside the room, "Let's go home." Handing over his duffel bag, he grabbed it and threw his arm around my shoulder. Passing by Weasel I waved at him, "I'll be back to work tomorrow!"

"Please don't!" he called out after me as I left the bar. I linked elbows with Wade and leaned on him.

"He loves me." I said to which Wade chuckled.

"Who doesn't?" That was the only correct answer, so I rewarded Wade with a kiss to his cheek.

"OMG, I just received a kiss from the queen herself! No White, not Elizabeth! Oh, I am never washing my cheek again." I laughed as Wade went on his tangent, letting him keep talking and only occasionally answering.

We made it back to my apartment where I grabbed a duffel bag and started packing.

"Are you really sure you want to move in with them?" Wade asked as he helped me fold my clothes. Well, he was more like looking through all my stuff and then throwing it on the bed, "I mean, living with your soulmates when you can't be with them sucks ass."

"It's okay, I mean I don't really care that much about soulmates. I'm sure I'll be fine." I had lived without romance for 23 years, 6 more years will be nothing. Sure I had a crush on them, I had loved their characters and found out they were just as great in real life. But, I could do this. I had too.

"Wade, stop sniffing my panties!"

* * *

I stepped out of the Uber and in front of Stark tower as the rain came down around me. The city was still a mess from the attack two days ago, looking like a post-apocalyptic scene as the rain and moonlight fell on us. I walked into Stark tower, easily bypassing the security guards and straight into Stark's private elevator.

"Welcome back, Ms. Aliana," JARVIS said as the elevator started going up. We had become friends after the last time I was here, he might have been a robot but he was incredibly funny.

"What's up JARVIS?" I smiled into a camera in a corner.

"I believe the sky." JARVIS answered and see what I mean? Killer sense of humor. The doors opened and I stepped out into the living room, the strap of the duffle bag thrown over my shoulder. There was a movie playing on the large screen TV and I could see Loki's head from the back of the couch.

As I stepped closer I could see that Tony's head was on Loki's lap and Steve was on his other side, leaning on his elbow. Both of them were asleep, Loki the only one still awake. He glanced up at me as I approached, a small frown on his face.

"I thought you had left after you had stolen the tesseract." Loki said as I threw down my bag and sat on the loveseat next to the couch.

"Oh, I did." I said, "I came back." Grabbing a water glass that had been left on the table, I drank from it, smiling at Loki, "How angry was Fury when he couldn't find me?"

Loki chuckled, "He almost sent the Avengers after you. Steve had to calm him down and tell him you would come back." As he said this he ran his hand through Tony's hair. Darn, it looked soft.