Denial

1 year later

It was a beautiful day in June when I realized that I needed to leave this world. Thor had come to visit with Jane and Darcy, both of whom were amazing women. We were sitting in the living room, laughing at a joke Jane had just told.

"I'm going to go get more wine, does anybody else want any?" I asked as I stood up. Darcy jumped up to join me, swinging her empty glass around.

"I can definitely go for a refill." She said, "I'll need it if I have to spend the rest of the week in this love nest." Her head pointed over to where Jane and Thor were cuddling, whispering to each other. I had just found out that they were soulmates, which was rather late considering that I had known Thor for a year now. He was off word a lot, but you would have thought I would have found out sooner.

I mean, he says that he told me earlier, but I don't remember. Therefore, he never told me.

Then there were also Loki, Steve and Tony who were sitting next to each other on the larger couch. They weren't outright cuddling but they had this love aura around them that definitely said 'we're in love'.

Natasha, Bruce and Clint were on another couch talking about something or the other. They weren't exactly cuddling, but I had found out one sleepless night that Natasha and Bruce were mated. I had expected it after catching the way they looked at each other a couple times, but they didn't even share the same room in the tower. When I brought it up later in private with her she just shrugged, unsurprised that I had found out and said, "We have our own relationship. It might not be what everyone thinks about when they picture soulmates, but it works for us." Honestly, respect.

I made eye contact with Darcy and she just nodded in understanding, "Yeah, I get you," I said, "Let's get more wine." Walking into the kitchen I grabbed the very expensive red wine I had taken from Tony's collection. When he saw that I had taken out his secret stash for our get together, he just laughed and brought out another even more expensive bottle of wine.

Pouring until my cup was completely full, I passed the bottle over to Darcy and watched as she filled her cup. Afterwards, she joined me as we leaned against the counter and looked out over at the group.

About a month after the Battle of New York all the Avengers had a room at the tower and most of them even lived in it full-time. Except Clint, he came and went as he pleased. I knew that it was because he had his own family to take care of, but that was a topic for later.

I don't think he knew that I knew, but I did know and it was nobody else's business. So they wouldn't know until necessary.

Everyone was sitting in the living room, laughing and joking with each other. Even Natasha was smiling, something she did a lot more often nowadays. During the last year they had come a long way, they were truly a team now. In the beginning I had to drag them all together for weekly dinners and movie nights, now they just show up for dinner if they're not on a mission. There was also a weekly movie or game night and one team bonding day a month.

It had been a lot of work, but they were definitely so much closer than then they had been in the movies. I had even spied on private emotional bonding moments the Avengers had had with each other on my astral strolls. Which I definitely left after I found out they were private moments... mostly.

"They've definitely become a family." Darcy said as she sipped her wine, "Hard to believe they were at each other's throats like a year ago. You know, if I hadn't seen that fight I wouldn't believe that it had happened."

I cringed as I thought about the huge argument that had erupted about two weeks after we were all living together in the tower. Yeah, that had been ugly.