The Twins

My time in Sokovia had been dedicated to more than just taking care of Bucky. I had also been busy with the infamous Maximoff twins.

I figured since I was already in Sokovia, why not take care of two birds with one stone?

The very first week that I was in Sokovia I visited the Hydra base in spirit form. I found the twins in separate containers, as I watched them I saw that they were still normal and figured that Hydra would start experimenting on them and give them their powers soon. That's when I decided that I needed to rescue them and save them from their tragic fate.

That night I let myself into their dreams, giving them glimpses of the future. With every visit I slowly removed some of their anger, until two months later they were doubting their decision to join Hydra.

Then I showed them dreams of what Hydra had done, the lives they had destroyed. I knew that the Maximoff twins just wanted to do what was best for their country and I let them see that joining them wasn't the answer.

On the day that Pietro was going to be experimented on I went in person to Hydra and snuck in as an assistant scientist.

"Test subject 233895." The head scientist announced as Pietro stepped into the room. He looked tense, I could tell that he was trying to hide the fear in his eyes but it was there, plain as day. I held the clipboard tighter in my hand as I wrote down what the scientist said.

As Pietro laid back down in the chair the scientist grabbed his arm and took his blood. Then I laid him down, strapping him down to the table. The scientist wasn't going to do anything to him, just do a scan of his body, but Pietro didn't know that. So I made sure to look at him with pity and fear, sending feelings of terror into him. Before he could say anything the scientist injected him with an anesthetic and he quickly passed out.

To be fair to him, the scientist was darn good at what he did. He didn't treat Pietro badly and did everything very professionally. If only he wasn't loyal to an extremist organization, he'd be great.

As the scientist left, I was alone with Pietro who I was supposed to unstrapped and lead back to his room. Instead, I left him strapped down to the table and waited until I felt him stirring. Then, I immediately stood next to his bed and fiddled with the straps, pretending I was busy.

"Ugh," Pietro groaned as he blinked his eyes open, "What happened?"

"Dr. Zebinsky needed some samples." I made my voice as emotionless as possible as I unstrapped him. As Pietro sat up with my help I looked him straight in the eyes and planted the thought that what had happened to him in this room was painful and terrifying. He wouldn't think so right now, but as time passes he will get more and more fearful of Hydra. Eventually the mere thought of the experiments would cause him to tremble in fear.

As I watched Pietro walk out of the room I knew that soon enough he would be willing to leave Hydra. And as for Wanda, well she cares about her family. When she finds out that they have been torturing her poor brother, she would be willing to leave Hydra right away.

* * *

I stopped visiting the twins for a while, letting the plan play out by itself. Wanda and Pietro needed to be on our side, if I could stop what happened in Sokovia I could stop the damned Sokovia accords that broke apart the Avengers. Everything was going so well now, I couldn't let anything ruin it.

Even if that meant that I had to brainwash Wanda and Pietro to our side. I didn't want to resort to that, but I knew I could. They were still young and hadn't even gotten their powers yet. I could easily erase the memories of their past and switch their loyalty to the Avengers.