Awkward Dinners and Robots

Wanda and Pietro each had a duffel bag thrown over their shoulder when I brought them to the tower. They were dressed in the typical Kamar-Taj outfit of the red robe and flowy pants, looking very out of place in my room.

"Wow," Pietro said as he threw his bag on the floor and walked to my floor-to-ceiling window, "What a view." It was rather beautiful, the New York skyline as far as the eye could see, thousands of lights flickering and glowing in the night.

"Yep, it's rather nice," I said, "Now come on, everyone's waiting for you. We're having a team dinner tonight." I wouldn't tell them that it was because everyone was suspicious of them, though I'm pretty sure they knew. They followed me to the elevator, which we took directly to the penthouse.

"Ok, so please don't antagonize anybody. Natasha is scary, so fair warning, and Bruce is very calm but also turns big and green when he's angry. Now, Steve, Bucky, Tony and Loki are mated. Oh, Loki's a Norse god and brother of Thor who's somewhere in space. Natasha and Bruce are mated, but that's a secret or something. Clint has a secret soulmate and Sam is single. They all just found out about you guys this morning, except Sam. He found out about an hour ago when he came over for dinner." I quickly gave them the run down and walked out the elevator when the door opened. Pietro looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't and Wanda just looked very amused.

Walking into the dining room I saw everyone already seated, waiting for us. Bucky and Natasha had cooked dinner tonight, both assassins being surprisingly good at making foreign dishes. Tonight was Romanian night and they had made sarmale, polenta, sausages and a soup made of beef tripe. For dessert they had made Cozonac, a filled sweetbread. I was very excited to try everything, it smelt delicious.

"It smells delicious," Wanda said, grabbing everyone's attention as she stepped in. I could immediately see Natasha sizing her up, but she gave a sweet smile that I most definitely did not trust.

"Thank you, me and Bucky cooked tonight." Natasha answered, "Please, join us."

Oh Thor, who was she pretending to be? Natasha was never that sweet.

As I brought the twins closer to the table, I noticed that there were three open seats- one at each end of the table and another one in between Bucky and Loki. I internally groaned, they had to make this awkward.

"I guess you and Pietro can sit at the ends," I said, glaring at a smug looking Tony. Wanda just squeezed my arm as she went to sit and Pietro laughed as he walked away. I grudgingly sat down, completely ignoring the men next to me that tried to make eye contact.

The beginning of the meal was very, very awkward. Nobody spoke, we just silently passed plates around.

"So, Wanda and Pietro, right?" Natasha broke the silence and I was almost glad she did, though I was sure now the inquisition would begin, "How did you meet Aliana?"

Wanda smiled as she cut into her food, "She found us in the forest after we had escaped from Hydra." Looking at me she continued with that smile on her face, "She never told us how she knew about us or what she was doing there, but we're both glad she found us."

"Hanging mysteriously in the forest at night?" Clint gave me a thumbs up, "Nice." The worst part was, he was being completely honest with his compliment.

Steve chuckled, "That does sound like Aliana."

Bucky, however, looked like he was thinking deeply about something, "When did you say you met her again?"

Wanda and Pietro shared a look before Wanda answered, "Around July of last year, why?"

Loki, who had definitely put the pieces together long before I even said anything, told everyone, "So you found the twins when you were with Bucky. Is that why you took him to Sokovia?"