Making More Plans

Whoo! First chapter of Part 3! I'm so excited for it, please let me know what y'all think. So far it's my favorite part of them all, I just loved the characters so much. 

February 15, 2014

Valentine's day was one of my favorite holidays. Well, honestly the day after Valentine's day- the chocolate sale was insane.

"Move bitch!" I elbowed the lady next to me in the chest as I grabbed the 75% off Ferrero Rocher.

Niceness wasn't an option. This was life or death.

I heard screams from around me, but I ignored them as I crouched down and made my way to the check out lane. Clutching my precious cargo, I looked around until I spotted a head of red hair. Natasha caught my eye and nodded at me from across the aisle as she also held a bag full of chocolate close to her chest. I nodded back and then we both ran to the register.

"I want all of these, stat!" I told the cashier, dumping all the chocolate in front of him. He just slowly started scanning, as if we weren't on the most important mission of the year. Natasha was beside me, her eyebrow twitching in anger.

"Will you be paying cash or card?" The monotone voice of the cashier asked as the slow beep beep of the register sounded.

"Cash!" I did not yell, I just spoke loudly. I wasn't sure if the dude even heard me or not as he did not respond in any way or form.

Once everything was bagged he pressed a couple buttons on the computer before making eye contact with me for the first time, "Can I interest you in our reward plan? If you buy-"

Cutting him off I placed my hands against the counter, "No man, hurry up! People are coming!"

"Ok, your total is $30.78." Throwing a fifty on the counter, I grabbed my bags and grinned.

"Have a great day." The monotone voice of the cashier called out as he started beeping Natasha's chocolates.

"You too." I called back running out of the store. Breathing heavily, I leaned on the wall of the store grinning like a madman as I held up the bag to my nose.

The sweet, sweet smell of chocolate and victory.

"The goods have been acquired." I jumped as Natasha appeared next to me, "We can now go back to base."

"We did good partner," I nodded as we started walking back to the Tower, "We did good."

* * *

Everything has been rather calm lately. The Avengers were a great team that got along well and occasionally saved the world. Tony had made Pepper CEO of Stark Industries, deciding to spend more time with Loki and Steve. Clint, Natasha and Bruce all had their own things going on. Clint had taken a vacation to spend time with his family, not that anybody except Natasha and I knew about them. Natasha and Bruce had even gone on a 'mission' together.

AKA- they eloped and only invited the other Avengers to their wedding. Which was a lovely small wedding on the beach of a private island Tony owned. I was the officiant, a great honor of course. Thor had cried at my speech, it was beautiful.

Wade had taken on a mission in December with the X-Men and had yet to return. I did however spy on him and he seemed to still be alive. Which didn't mean much, but he was still alive.

Then one day Steve tells me that he was going on a mission with Natasha and SHIELD's STRIKE team. That was when I realized that Winter was coming.

The Winter Soldier, that is.

"Fuck!" I cried out, placing down the popcorn bowl I was eating out of. Everybody turned to stare at me, it was the week after Valentine's day and team bonding night. Even Thor had flown in for it, after spending the last week with Jane.