End of battle

Ok, so Hela was totally kicking Thor's ass- like badly. I winced as I saw him getting tossed across the room, hiding my presence as I watched the battle. At least the battle outside was going much better, Valkyrie and Loki were kicking serious ass and the Asgardian army was very much winning.

Which won't matter much if Thor loses here though- Hela will just resurrect more of the dead and take over. I sighed as I realized I would have to intervene and give Thor a chance to win, but I really did not want to expose my presence.

Then as I glanced at the empty throne, ignoring Thor's grunts and Hela's taunts I got an idea. Closing my eyes, I tapped into Thor's mind and gave him a vision- not a rare thing to have in the middle of a battle after all.

Thor suddenly saw his father standing in front of him, taken back to the last time he saw him in Norway. "What?" Thor asked as he looked up at Odin, "Father?"

Odin smiled down at Thor, looking all mysterious and regal as he did back when he lived, "Thor," He said, "My son. Remember- you are the god of thunder."

As the vision ended I showed Thor one last image, one of lighting, storms and thunder. I hoped this gave him the push he needed, I mean he was the god of thunder after all not hammers.

"What a poor excuse for a god," Hela said as she punched him, "You don't even know who you are yet you seek to rule Asgard?" She stepped towards him and swung her sword, cutting his arm.

Thor laid on the ground, breathing heavily and staring out the window in front of him. As Hela stepped forward, Thor took a deep breath and stood up. Something in the air had changed, there was a feeling that hadn't been there before. Catching a glimpse of my reflection on a nearby mirror, I saw that my hair was extremely frizzy and I quickly covered it with my hands, patting it down.

When I looked back at the battle, Thor was surrounded by lightning and Hela was stepping back. He roared and an actual lightning bolt hit the palace. I screamed and quickly casted a shield around myself.

"Damned bastard," I coughed as I tried to sit up, "No sense for property damage. Also, not all of us are gods." Groaning I looked around me and realized that I was now alone in what was one the grand palace hall but was now the aftermath of a battle between godly siblings.

"Great," I said and kicked a stone near me. Sitting down I laid my elbows on my knees and sighed. My hair was a mess, my skin and clothes were covered in dirt and I had been missing for about three days.

But hey, Thor hadn't lost his eye. So there was that.

As I looked out I could see a giant ship floating over the rainbow bridge and what looked to be the end of the battle. Thor, Loki and Valkyrae were fighting against Hela and the Hulk was taking out large portions of the undead army.

I stood up and blocked my presence once again as I made a portal to what I called Heimdalls office. It was basically where the bifrost was opened up and from there I had a much better vantage point.

Seeing that Hela was still holding her own against the others, I got angry- like just give up. Even Hulk had won against Fenrir yet here she was, still fighting. Like, go follow your dog and leave.

Closing my eyes, I made my way into her mind and managed to freeze her body for just a couple seconds. Groaning, I fell down, coughing as I could feel the beginnings of a headache.

That bitch had strong mental powers, if I had tried to take over her body for any longer I don't know if I would make it. However, as I looked up I could see Thor swinging a word down at Hela's neck.

Smiling, I let my body go limp and laid on the floor. It was over.

* * *

June 22, 2017