A Well Deserved Vacation

When I got back to the tower it was late at night and I was covered in grime from the aftermath of the robot fight. I hadn't even fought so I was unsure how I got dirty. As I saw myself in the mirror and noticed that a piece of hair had been burned off, I decided that it was time for a vacation.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get one so I would just have to settle for a trip next weekend. I just had to get through the week and I could be free to sleep all I wanted.

On Monday morning I found myself in my office, prepping for the meeting to officially move Peter to be Tony's personal intern. As I got all the files ready, a knock sounded on my door.

"Ms. Gomez, could I come in?" It was Peter at the door, wearing a dorky T-shirt with a science pun, a jacket and jeans.

"Hello, Mr. Parker," I gestured for him to come in, "What can I help you with today?"

Peter stood there, grabbing the bottom of his shirt nervously as he moved from foot to foot, "Uhm, I just wanted to thank you." He said, "I'm not sure how, but I ended up meeting Tony Stark last week! He had my blueprints and talked to me about the possibility of making my ideas a reality. Tony Stark actually likes my ideas!"

His eyes were shining brightly as he spoke about Tony, "I know I shouldn't have come to your office just to complain and honestly I never thought I would get to be in the same room as Mr. Stark, much less speak to him. I just came to thank you for that and to promise that I will do my best in my position as an intern."

I chuckled, "I'm not sure what you mean, Mr. Parker. I had nothing to do with you meeting Mr. Stark, in fact I didn't even know you had met him. Also, I'm not sure that you can 'try your best' when all you're doing is getting coffee and watching people make robots."

At that Peter seemed to deflate a bit, but his eyes remained strong, "If that's what you want to say, then that's fine."

I stopped looking at my files and laid my chin on my hand, "Aren't you late to the morning meeting?" He looked at his watch and jumped up, turning around and running away.

"Goodbye, Ms. Gomez! Thank you!" He called out as his form disappeared into the hallway. I laughed as soon as I couldn't see him anymore. I wondered how he would react when he gets told about working with Tony?

* * *

It had been a long week and I was more than ready for it to be over. I had so many meetings and paperwork that my fingers actually cramped up from typing all day. The one good thing that had come out of this week was the video of Peter almost fainting and dropping the tray of coffee he was holding when he got the news that he had been promoted to Tony Stark's personal intern.

I had it on repeat for days afterwards.

That Friday night as soon as I got off work I went directly to the airport and took the first flight out to Florida. On the way there I sent a text message to the group chat.

Reasons I Drink

                                                                                                                                             Supreme Queen

                                                                                      I will be in Florida this weekend, will have my phone off. If it's an emergency, get Loki or Wanda to contact me.

Tin Can: Are you staying at my Malibu mansion?

We could have a team bonding weekend