Numb

TW: Mentions of drugging, sexual assault.  

Three days later

Lily and Amir were letting me leave the house for the first time since I left the hospital. They were taking me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant to celebrate my survival of 'near death dumbassery.' Lily's words, not mine.

"Lily, are you ready yet?" I yelled, banging the door to the bathroom. Amir had come 30 minutes ago, the time we were supposed to leave to get to our reservations on time.

"Perfection takes time, Nana." Lily yelled back, "I'll be ready soon, promise!" I groaned and made eye contact with Amir who just shook his head and took a sip of wine he had poured himself.

"It's okay, Ali," He told me, "Our reservation isn't for another 40 minutes."

"What?" I jokingly gasped as he just smiled, "You lied to us?"

"No," He shook his head, "I've just been dating Lily for two years now. And not once has she ever been on time for our dates." I laughed, completely believing that Amir had expected this. It was a very good move, it's true that Lily is never on time. I would usually have to drag her butt out the bathroom so we could get to class or our shifts on time.

That's actually how we first became friends. We had been random roommates our first year of college, I had been a nursing student and Lily a finance major. It was an okay situation, though I mostly ignored her whenever possible.

One day Lily got invited to a party at a frat house that her then boyfriend, a senior lacrosse player named Jake who was a total asshole, invited us to. Lily dragged me to it, going to the frat house to get ready, even though the party had already started. We set up in her boyfriend's room, Lily going straight to the bathroom to do her makeup.

It had been an hour and Lily still wasn't ready. So, deciding that I was bored out of my mind, I made my way downstairs and to the kitchen to get a drink.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting to see you here." A voice said from behind me. It was Jake's roommate, I recognized him from the few times he had come with Jake to visit Lily in our room. No idea what his name was though.

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting to see me here either." Choosing to ignore him I grabbed a cup and poured some beer from the keg into it. It tasted like shit.

"Do you want to dance?" I pretended I didn't hear him and made my way over into the living room. It was full of people, the music incredibly loud and the lights low. It smelt like sweat and cheap beer and I realized I had no desire to be here. I turned around to make my way back to Jake's room, but the damn roommate grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Come on, don't be lame." He got way too close to me, I could smell the alcohol on his breath, "Dance with me." He pulled me into the dance floor, his hands around my hips as he grinded into me.

"Let me go." I told him, pushing against his chest. The dude scoffed and let me go, watching as I made my way upstairs. On my way up, a couple knocked into me, making me spill my drink all over myself. Sighing, I watched as they walked away, too drunk to even notice me. I went back into the kitchen, throwing the cup away.

"Want water?" I looked behind me and there stood Jake's roommate. I looked at him curiously, why was he offering me water when I clearly didn't want to speak to him? Wanting to not talk to him I simply grabbed the water, thanking him on my way out and making my way upstairs.

This was way too awkward for me. I wanted to go back home.

About half an hour later I had drunk half the water bottle and was laying in Jake's bed. Lily was still in the bathroom, that girl seriously took forever to get ready. Suddenly, I started feeling weird. My brain felt foggy, my tongue heavy in my mouth.