Finding Out

"No," Wanda immediately shook her head, "Absolutely not." She stood up and started pacing, tears rolling down her face. Suddenly she stopped and looked at me.

"How do you know?" I knew exactly what she was asking. Sighing, I sat up and said a partial truth.

"I once saw the future," Well, yeah it would have been the future of this world, "I never thought I would be able to intervene, but then I found myself in this world. I thought about leaving, but I realized I couldn't let that happen to you guys."

"You would have let us die?" She whispered. I quickly shook my head.

"Wanda, I didn't know you. I didn't even live in this world!" I tried to explain, "Plus, changing the future is risky. There is no telling what effect it'll have long term."

Wanda sighed as she took a deep breath, "Why show me this?"

I grabbed the box that had been sitting on top of the living room table. Taking a deep breath, I opened it to show the three infinity gems sitting there. Wanda gasped as she took a step back.

"How?" It didn't sound like she was actually asking me so I kept quiet, "You have them? The gems that monster was searching for?"

I nodded and she continued, "Then the gem that Vision has? The one you gave me?"

Again, I nodded, "He carries the mind gem." Staring at her I said, "He will kill him to get it."

Wanda shook her head, "No. I won't let him." There were tears in her eyes that refused to fall.

"I'm afraid that won't be your choice," I told her, "That's why I'm asking you for this favor."

Clenching her fist as she didn't look at me she asked, "What is it?"

"I need you to destroy this." I handed her the box which I had closed again, "It's sealed to open at my death. When that happens I'll need you to destroy what's in there."

Wanda's eyes widened and her tears actually fell, "Aliana, no."

I pushed the box into her arms, "Promise me, Wanda. You won't tell anybody what I've asked of you and you will destroy what's in the box."

"No, no!" She cried, "You can't do this. You can't just show me the future, the death of everyone and then tell me that you're going to die!"

"Wanda, there is no choice!" I told her, "I was always going to die. Every path I can think of ends in my death! But, if I die I can prevent what you saw. I can save you."

Wanda grabbed the box with shaking hands and clutched it to her chest, "There must be another way."

I smiled at her as I felt my eyes stinging, "I hoped there was too. But the soul stone demands a soul for a soul."

As a small sobbed escaped her I hugged her, pulling her tight into my arms. I was so focused on the moment that I didn't hear the elevator door open. I didn't hear the footsteps as the people inside exited.

It was dumb of me, to not lock down my floor knowing that I would be having this conversation. How did I think to blackout FRIDAY but not lock down my floor?

"I don't want you to die. I don't want anyone to die." Wanda said as she moved away and wiped her tears.

"Oh, I don't want to die either." I told her running my hands through her hair, "But it is the choice that I made."

The sound of someone gasping made me realize we weren't alone. Quickly looking up I realized that my mates were in the room. All four of them.

What. The. Fuck.