Arriving in Wakanda

July 1st, 2017

I groaned as the plane touched the ground, still feeling the after effects of two solid days of partying.

"Are you sure you don't wanna rest on the plane, Aliana?" Loki asked as he rested his hand on my lower back, "You haven't been feeling well for a while now." I could feel the warmth of his magic as it coursed through my body and I sighed in relief, leaning into him.

"I'm alright," I said, "Just keep forgetting I'm not 18 anymore and should not be partying all night long." Loki chuckled, lowering my sunglasses onto my eyes with one hand as the other gently led me out of the plane.

Tony, Steve, Bucky and Peter were ahead of us and greeting the welcoming party already. Steve looked at me with worry and I smiled and shook my head at him. I was hungover, not dying. Plus T'Challa had noticed me and I refused to let him have anything to make fun of me about.

Our relationship was completely about me being better than him in everything and him refusing to admit that.

"King T'Challa thank you for welcoming us into your country," Shaking his hand, I smiled at him, "Stark Industries is honored to have the opportunity to work with such renowned scientists."

T'Challa nodded at me and gave me a smile that to others would look normal but I knew that behind it he was definitely laughing at me, "The nation of Wakanda is pleased to welcome you all as guests and we are hopeful that out of this partnership we can advance our research and continue to contribute to technological advancements."

After that Tony and him continued to talk as he and his guards led us into the palace and showed us to our rooms. I already knew my way around, so the entire time I entertained myself by glancing over at Peter who looked like he would pass out at any moment.

At one point I got worried because he was literally turning blue, but luckily he remembered to breathe and ended up gasping, causing everyone to turn to look at him. Blushing, he waved his hands, "I'm just surprised... taking in the sights and all."

"Yes, I imagine that they can be rather surprising to those that have never been to Wakanda before." T'Challa smiled at him and continued on with the tour.

That poor boy. Tony just sighed and shook his head, continuing to follow the Dora Milaje and king around the palace. As Peter blushed and grimaced, I patted his back and pushed him along so he wouldn't get left behind.

We all embarrassed ourselves in front of kings sometimes.

* * *

It was way past midnight and I found myself wide awake, staring out the window at the full moon. I had been placed in a room by myself, since we had yet to make our relationship public. Knowing that I would get no more sleep, I left my room to take a walk through the palace. Usually this would get me stopped by security, but since pretty much everyone here knew me already I knew I could walk around without fear.

After about ten minutes of wandering the halls one of the Dora Milaje came up to me and stood at attention. Feeling quite intimidated, I also stood at attention and held back the urge to salute to her. I don't think she would appreciate it.

"The king and princess request your presence." The warrior, who I recognized as M'yra, told me in a way to serious voice for it being almost three in the morning. How was she even awake, in uniform and functioning?

It took me a while to process her words, considering that I was tired and pretty hungry too. But once I understood I could feel the sleepiness quickly leaving my body. Why were T'Challa and Shuri requesting my presence this late at night? Especially when they know that my mates would start asking a lot of questions if they found out.

Well, it was a good thing that I was already up. Making light conversation while following M'yra, I noticed that we had ended up in front of Shuri's lab.

"Thanks for taking me!" I smiled at the warrior, which she returned with the smallest smile, I went inside. Trying not to spend too much time gawking at everything I made my way over to where I could see T'Challa and Shuri looking very worried.

But honestly, no matter how many times I saw it, Shuri really outdoes herself every time. Like, how does the lab get cooler and cooler everytime I see it?

"I have arrived," I announced loudly, "You may celebrate now." Walking up right next to them, I threw my hair over one shoulder and smirked. Shuri laughed and went over to me, giving me a hug.

"Welcome back, Aliana," She looked me over and nodded, "I see having your mates is doing you well."

"What can I say? I'm a brand new woman."

T'Challa scoffed, "More like the same woman with more men to control now."

Gasping, I slapped his chest, "T'Challa! I do not control them. I simply... ask them nicely to do something and they do it." T'Challa shook his head, but I could see he was holding back a smile. He never did get over me mind controlling him once. It was only once! And for the very important reason of me telling him about his long lost cousin without getting attacked by all of Wakanda's forces!

"Anyways, why did I get called to this secret, underground meeting at this ungodly hour?" At that Shuri and T'challa shared a worried look, which worried me since why were they worried?

Shuri walked over to a holographic screen that seemed to display a lot of dots that I did not understand and zoomed in on it. Not knowing what I was looking at, I put on a serious face and nodded.

"So, this... moving dot is what caused the king and princess of Wakanda to bring me here?" Honestly, all I saw was a moving dot, but it must have been something much more than that.

T'Challa stepped up to me and looked me straight in the eyes with all the importance that he could muster. Which, considering who he was, was a lot of importance, "This moving dot is a spaceship Aliana, and it's coming directly to us."

So, I was a... little late on this chapter. So sorry, but I ended up having to fly back home and then take another flight out of the country to see my grandfather who got very sick suddenly. I am finally back in my parent's house for Christmas though (after another flight).

On that note, happy holidays to everyone! I hope that no matter what you celebrate or if you don't celebrate anything, that this is a time full of love and joy for you all. I know that this can be a rough time of the year for some, but know that you are loved and that you matter.

Sending much love and happiness ~ Amy.