Birth of A Vision

This is the last chapter in Part 4! I can't believe we're already more than halfway done with the story (if everything goes according to plan). Please let me know what you think!

Six months later

November 18th, 2015

"What a beautiful sight," I said as I sat on top of a building, watching the sunset over the city. It was a sight I would never get tired of, the way the sun seemed to set the city ablaze and how it made the river sparkle as if on fire.

"It's rather lovely, isn't it?" Spiderman said as he bit into his sandwich next to me. I nodded, biting into my own sandwich. Me and Spidermand had been meeting up weekly for a while now and had developed a weird sort of friendship.

He would tell me about his day, his internship at a mysterious tech company and his developing crush on a friend of his. Of course I knew he was talking about Stark Industries and Wade.

Also, the funniest thing- he was super jealous of me. He thought that Deadpool and I were dating, a misunderstanding that was still ongoing. I don't know how he thought that, Deadpool proposes to the man like every other week. Once, he actually bought a diamond ring and proposed on top of a building at sunset after a nice rooftop dinner.

Somehow Peter still thought he was joking. Like, seriously? They had told each other their real identities already, Wade even met Aunt May!

I'm convinced that they might get together after I get together with my soulmates- so maybe never. I could tell Peter that I wasn't dating Wade, but I already did that once and he just thought I was trying to make him feel better. So now I was just letting this run its course and hoping for the best.

"So, how you doing Spidey?" I asked, leaning back as I let my feet swing in the open air.

"I'm good," He said, "I finally got my AI to work, so I'm hoping I can add more functions to it soon. I also threw a surprise party for one of my friends.." He kept talking about how he got his friend a really cool gift and the kind of cake they ate and I smiled as he rambled.

Peter had just turned 19 this year, he was still so young. It was weird for me to say, since I just turned 26, but I thought of him in a very fond way. I knew that he had lived more than most people and was incredibly smart and mature, but I had a deep desire to protect him.

He was another reason that I needed to make sure to defeat Thanos. I didn't want him to die.

* * *

I was called down to the lab by an erratic sounding Tony and Bruce, both of who definitely needed more sleep. When I got there I saw both men standing over a table and muttering to each other and Wanda sitting in a chair drinking her morning tea, still in her pajamas.

"Good morning," I greeted, "Why did I get woken up at the ass crack of dawn?"

Tony turned to me, giving me a crazy looking smile while Bruce just yawned.

"We did it," Tony said, "We have completed it." I have no idea what he was talking about.

Bruce must have noticed my confusion because he actually explained, "We made the android." At that my eyes widened and I ran over to the table to see the android. It looked like something out of a movie, it was... well, an android. It was made out of a shiny silver metal, the face, arms and legs were all encased in metal while the joints were opened, allowing me to see the wires holding it all together.

"Wow." Gasping, I reached out to touch the face which felt cold underneath my fingertips, "It's... amazing."

"I uploaded JARVIS to it," Tony said, "I figured if we were making something one of a kind, he deserved to be fully in it." I smiled at Tony and squeezed his shoulder.