The End of the Battle

When Natasha made her way into the tower, I knew the battle was almost over. Hiding the presence of the blue alien and I, we watched in silence as she figured out that she could use the scepter to close the portal. There was no infinity stone in the scepter, but I had the real thing right in my pocket and would be able to make it seem like she was the one closing the portal.

Then came the moment that truly made the Avengers into a team, that signified their willingness to sacrifice for the world. Tony made his way into the portal with the nuke. At that moment, even though I knew he would come back, I felt my heart stop. Fear flowed into me, what if I was wrong? What if he never came back? What if this whole time I had been wrong and this will end horribly?

God, I didn't even know the man and I was already mourning his improbable death.

Natasha went to close the portal and I focused on sending the energy from the stone into the tesseract-machine thingie. The portal closed and suddenly there was Tony, falling to the Earth. I could feel myself relaxing, tension I didn't even know I had leaving my body.

Staying by the window I waited for the Avengers to get here. The blue alien was seething next to me, which was understandable. He failed in taking over the Earth, it happens.

"Where is that piece of shit?" Tony said, strutting into the room. Behind him were all the Avengers, including the Hulk. Wow, they looked like they just fought a war... which I guess was like half right.

"What are you talking about Stark, he's not here." Natasha answered as she made her way over to him. Tony looked around, as if the alien would just appear out of thin air.

"Giant Smurf was here when I came earlier," Tony told her, "Plus, how did you get the scepter if you didn't take it from him?"

Natasha gave him a look, as if she was considering his words, "Selvig already had it when I came up here." At that they all turned to look at Selvig and he raised his hands.

"A woman with long white hair gave it to me and told me you would need it." Selvig said, "I thought she was with you."

Steve looked towards Tony and then back at Selvig, "Was she about 5'2, curly hair?" Selvig nodded at what he said and all the Avengers seemed to realize at the same time who he was talking about.

"Aliana," Loki said, "But how did she get the scepter?" Yeah, they'll never know I had it all along. Way too much to explain there.

"Uhm," Barton interrupted, "Who exactly is Aliana? Am I missing something?" Oh right, technically Barton and I had never met. I decided that now was as good a time as ever to show myself.

I walked right over to where Barton was and stood next to him, "Aliana Gomez, 23 years old, esper. At your service." Barton jumped away from me, aiming his bow right at my face. I mean, Natasha definitely almost shot me, but I found his reaction hilarious.

"Where did you come from?" Barton asked, lowering his bow when he saw the others lower their weapons as well.

"Now isn't that the question of the year." I said, "Anyways, I believe y'all were looking for him?" I waved my hand, bringing the floating alien closer. I had made him unable to open his mouth about ten minutes ago, he had annoyed me way too much so he was quietly hanging there in the air.

"What the.." Barton said as he stared at the alien. Before anybody could ask me any questions I masked my presence and walked over to where I had put down my bookbag. Opening it up, I took out the replica tesseract I had made and walked over to where the actual one was. Grabbing it, I replaced it and put the real tesseract in my bookbag.

"Space stone acquired." I said quietly to myself and then walked over to the balcony. As I stood there, I looked back at the Avengers that were now handcuffing the blue alien. Loki, however, seemed to be staring right at me. He raised an eyebrow when he saw that I knew he could see me and I raised a finger to my lips, asking him to keep what I had done a secret. He hesitantly nodded at me and I winked at him, jumping up onto the railing and then throwing myself back.

Falling through the air, I twisted my body so I was staring down at the ground, then right before I hit it I stopped my fall. I landed gently on the ground, then made my way through the battle torn streets of New York, I made my way over to the place that I knew would be opened even after all this chaos- Sister Margaret's School for Wayward Children.

* * *

"Did ya miss me?" I yelled, slamming the door open to the shady ass bar. Weasel groaned as he saw me and put down the glass he was scrubbing.

"You were only gone for two days and it was the most peaceful it had ever been here." Weasel complained and I just laughed as I made my way behind the bar and into the employee room.

"Is he here?" I asked and at that Weasel just nodded, giving me a once over.

"I don't want to know why you're wearing that outfit or why Wade was being so incredibly secretive when he came in. Keep me out of the loop." I just laughed, knowing that meant he would keep our secrets and walked over to the door in the back of the employee room.

Pressing in the code in the keypad, the door opened with a creak and I saw Wade sitting in the old twin bed thrown on the ground in full costume. This room was here for when somebody needed a place to hide the only things in it being the mattress on the floor, an old, broken dresser and a dirty mirror hanging on the wall. It was definitely dirty, but it worked for what it was meant for.

"Hello gorgeous," I said, throwing myself on top of Wade. He went down with a groan and tried to push me off.

"Have you gotten heavier while you've been gone?" Wade complained, "What did those SHIELD people feed you?"

Slapping his arm I pouted at him, "It's rude to make fun of a woman's weight, 'Pool." Then I looked into the wide mask eyes and reached over, touching the seam on his neck. Slowly, I reached underneath his mask making sure that he could stop me if he wanted to. Pulling the mask off, I caressed his cheek feeling the rough texture of his scars. Wade leaned into my touch and I leaned over and hugged him.

"I've missed you, Wade." I muttered into his neck, Wade ran his hand through my hair, pulling on it slightly. It was comforting as I laid there, letting the past few days seep out of me, leaving me feeling exhausted.

"Missed you too, cupcake." Pushing him away gently I sat back up, "Did you bring it?" I asked, and 'Pool nodded, grabbing the duffel bag from his feet and taking out the box. It was beautiful, made of vibranium, covered in wood with gold detailing. On the top of the box was a celtic knot with sigils on the sides.

I could feel the power coming off of it and knew that the stones would be well hidden in there. Grabbing the box I made eye contact with Wade and he nodded, standing up and leaving the room. Hearing the door shut behind him I quickly reached into my inner breast pocket and took out the mind stone.

It felt warm in my hands as I put it into the box, closing the lid. No longer being able to feel the presence of the stone I cheered, it had worked!

Then, I took out the tesseract and focused on getting the space stone out of it. If I could manage this I would have two out of the six infinity stones with me, which meant that I had already thwarted Thanos' plan. It was a great start to stopping the destruction of half the universe.