95.

6 years later
Maria
Everything is calm, until it's not. Life with children makes you question the quiet and I know that the current peace is about to be disturbed before the sound of dragging little footsteps come through. My life is filled with so much love and Malachi is already six, looking more and more like his father every day.
Roel's fear over being a source of pain to our children is bullshit. The bets have changed from who's the best husband, which was undecided, to who is the best father. Roel wins without a shadow of a doubt, he's not cruel or abusive. He lets Malachi run wild knowing that he has defenders at the ready in his parents.
I expect it to be our son who is stomping but it's our daughter, four years old and far too aloof Serafina is dragging Mateo by his shirt towards Francesca and I. He has the widest smile on his face as she stays blank like she's not pulling a child two years older to his mother.
Her voice is small but there's no hurt in it. "Auntie Cesca, Teo pushed me." Now the dragging makes sense and seeing she's not hurt I relax. Francesca blows out a long breath getting ready to reprimand her son who looks happy about it. His defence comes before she can issue her telling off. "Mama, I helped her."
Niko and Roel walk in stopping her again and Francesca shoots her husband a look trying to say it's his fault. Roel stands at my side holding my shoulder and his body turns rigid as he sees her fist still in Mateo's shirt. "Finny what's wrong?"
She doesn't let him go and drags him to stand in front of her father. "Teo pushed me over." His eyes scan her from head to toe and Niko does the same making sure she's ok. Seeing that she's not injured they both say at the say time. "Push him back." Roel adds one word as he implements his own rule. "Harder."
Roel's rules for the kids are: if someone hits you, hit them back ten times harder. When Malachi asked what to do if he can't he said, then you hit them ten times with the same force.
Francesca mutters something under her breath but doesn't contradict them, it's a harsh life they'll grow up to be involved in and Mateo steps closer to Serafina waiting for the blow to come. She scrunches her nose up in distaste that's too mature for a four year old but cute as anything before letting him go. As if he's got some sixth sense that his sister needs him Malachi runs in and shoulder barges Mateo to get to her side.

Lips dance across my neck pulling me from sleep as something hard digs into my ass. "I know you're awake Angel, you've been rubbing your sweet ass on my dick." My lips lift but I don't say anything knowing that I like him frustrated.
Roel came home late and I fell asleep before I could soothe the ache inside of me. His ridiculous need to wake up before the sun hasn't changed but he'll hold me before getting out of bed and it's the perfect opportunity to mess with him.
Nipping my shoulder when he doesn't get a response he whispers. "Be a good wife and feed your husband." Stretching my limbs, I press further into him and suppress the moan building when he grinds into me. "Be a good husband and feed your wife." I shoot back lazily and then I'm pinned on my back with him between my thighs.
Spreading my legs to get him to move, he ignores the silent command and holds my neck moving my face side to side with his thumb on my jaw. Stopping his assessment, I push into his hand brining our faces closer together. "Fuck me. Please Roel." The magic words work in any scenario and he moves closer as I gasp at the feeling of him against me.
I'm about to get relief when something hits the door with a heavy thud and Roel slowly closes his eyes and rests his forehead on mine. Giving himself a moment, he stares at his dick positioned at my entrance with longing before kissing my cheek and jumping out of bed.
We both know who's going to be slamming their little fists on the door, Malachi does it every morning demanding his dad lets him spar.

Roel
I'm surprised we managed to have another kid with the cockblock of the century being our first. "Mal you have to wait for me. Remember what I said?" My voice is rough but he just smiles with his mothers smile making me soften. Swinging him up he's still half asleep and rest his head on my shoulder mumbling. "Wait for you to get me. Don't knock because mommy needs to sleep." He repeats it without emotion and like he doesn't do this shit every morning.
Any fear I had of being like the dick who gave me his DNA disappeared when I first held my son. It didn't even matter that he's my double, apart from having Maria's dark hair, I'd die for all of them. And have killed for all of them.
Walking into the gym I'm not shocked to see a little head of dark blonde hair walking through the space and looking for a good enough space to sit. Patting the mats I stretch out with my legs in front of me as my daughter takes easy steps and sits beside me. She is her mother and it's worse that there's two of them, my heart can take it when they're not in front of me.
Stroking her hair back, she lays out her colouring book and pens. "Shouldn't you be sleeping little cherub?" Shaking her head no she looks for whatever page she needs and talks in short sentences. "Was a monster." I know it's only a dream but I want to climb into her head and protect her.
Picking her up she lets the colouring book go and I walk into her room asking. "Where was it?" I've got one kid snoring away and the other is holding on to me scared, both of them knowing they're safe with me as Finny points towards her closet. "I promise there's no monster, and if there is Daddy will kill it ok?" She nods seriously knowing deep in her bones that promise is true and Maria walks in as I'm laying them both on her bed.
Raising one eyebrow in silent question as we all stare towards the closet she sits between our children kissing their heads and hugging them closer. This image isn't one I thought I'd have, my wife and kids looking at me like I'm their protector and not the one harming them.
I'll stop anyone getting close to them even if they grow up to be little shits, they'll never have to worry about their safety or not having a place to come home. They'll never pause when the front door opens and that alone makes it fucking worth it.
Opening the closet door, there's no monster or anything even living. Just clothes and whatever toys Finny has decided she's relegated to not being deserving of being shown in her room. But I still make a show pretending to kill the imaginary fuck and she giggles along with her mother, the sound is only every replaced as the best thing I've heard when it's all three of them together.
Malachi has already fallen back to sleep and doesn't stir, Serafina is comfortable laying on her mom and I know the feeling so don't disturb her. Kissing each of their heads I go back to the gym and wait until George gets his old ass upstairs so I can finally be alone with my wife.