48.

Roel
Maria is lax in my hold, her feet don't drag and she tucks her chin to her chest making herself smaller. My anger keeps coming in waves, she tries to fucking drug me then thought I would hurt her. I couldn't give a fuck about whatever shit she tried to dose my water with, it's her reaction always expecting the fucking worst from me. No matter how many times I tell Maria I will never raise a fucking hand to her the fear always creeps in. Seeing fear in anyone else's eyes is fine, I revel in it. But those deep blues should never have it.
Sitting her on the bed, my angel looks at the blood staining the carpet rather than at me. Squatting so she can't avoid me, I keep my own hurt out my voice. "What do I have to do to convince you I will never fucking hurt you?" She flinches back, and guts me even more. Raising to my full height to give her space a hand grabs my wrist pulling me closer.
Maria straightens her shoulders and keeps tugging until our positions are reversed and she's stood between my legs. Holding my shoulders there's nothing but conviction in her features. "I thought you would stay if I locked myself in the bathroom." My laugh bursts out, we're a fucked up pair assuming shit about each other.
Swatting my shoulder there's no power behind her hand , the wide smile gives away her own humour. Angel loses it quicker than me and winces making me come alert. There's no mark on her body, I made sure she wasn't near the glass but the pain contorts her face. "What's wrong?" My voice comes out panicked and she looks up with the same expression.
Tears cling to her lower lashes and remorse tinges her words. "You're bleeding." This woman is on a mission to make my heart give out. Making me fucking panic for no reason thinking I hurt her when she's fine. "I'm sorry caro mio." She presses the apology into my cheek and lowers to her knees. My dick comes to life thinking she's going to make amends with her tongue but delicate fingers touch my ankle.
Anger comes back stronger than before and my hands aren't as gentle when I pull her up to stand. "You will only ever fucking kneel for me so my dick can be buried in your pretty little throat." The harshness in my voice makes her eyes go wide. My angel isn't meant to serve, she was born to reign. I won't fucking allow her to experience the disrespect of thinking she's less than me.
Maria's bottom lip wobbles and two words leave her nearly snapping my resolve. "Roel, please." It's low and filled with guilt she shouldn't feel. I can't feel any pain in my soles, the scars have built up over time hardening the nerves. But Angel has it written on her face like it's physically hurting her. Kissing her shoulder I give her a small concession. "Get the first aid kit engjëlli." She smiles like it's a privilege but my bark leaves when she steps towards the bathroom. "From the kitchen."
She flinches and I'm the biggest bastard when she's only trying to help. Softening my voice I try to ease her worries. "There's glass on the floor." Nodding to herself, Maria leaves and doesn't step into the hazardous room. If I had to see a drop of her blood tonight would turn into a kill match.
Coming back she's loaded herself up with as many towels as she could find, pain meds and a glass of water. Taking the glass I inspect it looking for any evidence of tampering and my voice is back to normal. "This full of roofies?" I exaggerate my inspection holding it up to the light as pink colours Maria's cheeks. Taking it from me she takes a huge gulp and hands it back with an edge to her tone. "There, it's safe." Putting it down just in case she's willing to spike both of us, Angel rolls her eyes and holds out the first aid kit for me.
Trying not to let her see my bloody soles doesn't work when she moves around to watch me pick out the glass. Maria plays my nurse filling me with filthy thoughts. One look at her face and I know it wouldn't be appreciated right now so I keep them to myself. Rinsing the blood away she gasps seeing the old scars. I don't look up, seeing her pity will fucking wreck me.
I'm not the little boy who took his punishments quietly anymore. I'm a grown ass man who can choose revenge, it doesn't have to involve the blood of the weak fucks I grew up around. Their punishment is worse than that, it's knowing they're nothing. That their fucked up actions are meaningless after 15 years of pushing it into my skin.
One sniffle makes me regret never fighting back and I pull Maria between my legs. Thumbing the tears that have fallen my lips press into the tracks tasting the salt deposited onto her skin. "Don't cry angel." She shakes her head knocking more of the bastard tears loose. Her sob wraps itself around the question. "What did they do to you?"
Leaning back she comes with me easily and lays across my chest. The answer to her question is nothing and everything, people don't have the power to hurt you unless you give them it. But some pains come back, like the tears pooling because of the evil bastards. Any hurt they could have inflicted against my body is nothing compared to making my wife cry.
Kissing her crown I try and offer her silent comfort, my angel is too good for this world. Her pure heart feels pain too easily despite the bastards she grew up around. Pressing her lips against my jaw she moves back wiping at her cheeks and gives me a watery smile. Opening her mouth to say something she's cut off by the alert for the fight, the location coming through and Maria goes rigid staring at my phone beside her.
Flipping her on her back, I band her wrists together above her head and stop any argument before it can form. "Will you be a good wife and wait for me at home or do I need to tie you up?" The little temptress arches her back pushing her beautiful tits trying to convince me physically. Making her choice I drop her hands and speak over my shoulder as I walk into the closet. "Tie you up then?"
Footsteps pad after me and her voice is rushed. "No, please don't. Let me come with you, then I'll know you're safe." Is she fuck being around the fucking perverts in the crowd. After what happened to Francesca I will never fucking allow Maria at one of my fights.
Changing my shorts she gives me a once over making my dick twitch. "Not fucking happening. Your choices are waiting freely or waiting with my belt around your wrists and your pussy full waiting for me to get home." Holding my hands up I weigh her options and watch as lust and concern battle in her deep blues.
Against my preference, concern wins out and Maria stands taller. "I'll wait for you." Closing the distance between her palms flatten against my chest and my hands automatically go to her ass. "Promise me you'll come home to me." Kissing my cheek she moves closer to my ear and my temptress whispers. "When you win you can tie me up, pretty boy."
If there was any doubt in my mind about the result it's gone. I'll kill the bastard to make sure I can claim my prize. "Done engjëlli, you won't be able to walk tomorrow." Her laugh brushes my neck putting us both at ease. Kissing her shoulder I press my promise into her skin. "Të dua, pa fillim e pa fund."

Niko is too pumped after playing happy families for so long the recklessness part of him comes out. "You better fucking drop him in the third, I told Frannie I'd take over Sebastian's night feed." Maybe I was wrong, the weird fuck is eager to get home. Dion walks into the changing room checking his phone probably with the same wants as his brother.
Fucking grown up assholes, this used to be the shit we lived for. I can't blame them because all I can think about is my angel and how she's going to come undone for me when I win. But I can't talk to her, the temptation is locked in my glove box with no one watching my shit I won't allow that device to get into u worthy hands with the video of her naked body on there.
They're like teenagers with their thumbs flying across their screens. "Yo dickheads, I'm trying to get ready for a fight." There's no heat behind my words but they both snap their heads up. Dion pockets his phone and turns it back on me nodding to my hands. "You're fingers are twitching to speak to your wife." The accusation is shrugged off, I don't have to explain shit to them.
Vlad pushes through the door before Niko can add his bullshit take and his brows go up seeing the two of them with me. His reaction is weird as fuck, but he's a strange cunt so it's probably considered normal for him. His usual showman voice comes out with a shark like smile. "You're up, make it entertaining."
I expect to see one of the Bratva soldiers in the cage but it's an Italian. His accent is thick and he looks at me with disgust. Fuck him, he's a pathetic fuck taking someone else's spot. Dion looks between us noting the last minute change but he doesn't intervene.
There's an eerie foreboding swirling in my gut, something feels off but it's my first fight with someone waiting for me at home. Maria's worries are in my ear not my own. Pushing the thoughts aside as the clack rings out, the crowd disappears and dickface morphs into Alistair.
I don't attack first dodging his shots easily and let the first round play out to gauge his skill. Exactly as I thought he's fucking shit. It's offensive that I'm even opposite the useless prick. My opponents at 5 were better than him and Vlad is going to fucking pay for the insult.
Going into the second round the weapons are dropped, the incompetent cunt reaches for the knife straight away. His fist never once connected with me so he's got no fucking hope getting close enough. Fed up with the lack of fight, my fist flies out lazily and he drops to his knees the weak little bitch. Digging my heel into his exposed throat he's out and I'm too pissed to fucking be insulted further.
Dion and Niko look bored as fuck and I let them leave instead of wasting more of their fucking time like mine has been. Fighting is a release, as much as fucking was. Not that's filled with emotion because of my angel and the obscure cunt Vlad has taken it from me. There's no blood on my body just on my hands but I shower the anger of being cheated away. I won't take that home to Maria.
The crowd is still fucking cheering and it pisses me off, they should have been quietened by me not left wanting more. Loud cheering covers the sound of the blows landing in the cage and follows me out the fighters entrance into the alley. It's dark as fuck with no city lights illuminating the space and a figure steps out rushing into my side.
My ribs are on fire and warm liquid coats my side dripping down my thigh and soaking my shorts. Taking me by surprise it takes a second to react but rage fucking fills me. Throwing the stupid prick into the building he gurgles and kicks out but it's not strong enough to stop my hand tightening around his worthless fucking neck. Until the weak punch lands under my clavicle and the burning moves from my side to my chest.