20.

Maria
I'm working on the terrace trying to stop my thoughts going to Roel every five seconds but it doesn't work. Our routine involves him buying me expensive things and then hugging him for an hour whenever he comes home. There's been no more horror movies but he'll put random shows on as background noise while playing truth or dare.
He never picks truth and the bullet wounds on his back have questions sprouting quicker than I can process them. I don't get an answer because he refuses to pick truth, they're old and healed but there's a sinking feeling in my gut thinking about how many times he must have been shot. He's like a target dummy in a gun range from the amount of holes that were put in his body. The depth in the clouds of his tattoo are from the healed scars not because of the artists talent.
I've left the terrace door propped open hoping Roel sees it and follows me. My eyes keep flicking to it waiting for his face to come into view but it doesn't and I give up pretending to plan the event for Inessa, all of the vendors have been contacted so I don't have much left. It's just emails and boring as fuck spreadsheets.
Walking into the kitchen to make a smoothie I don't want to drink there's a weird echoing garbled noise. No one else is here after Roel went to train upstairs and I look around making sure. Everything looks the same but it feels like someone is watching me and the echo remains. Pushing the thoughts of the creepy clown away I pull out the ingredients I'll need and fill the blender jug. When I press the button to start it there's a loud thud and all hell breaks loose.
Something flies towards my head and I duck down out of its path, it doesn't stop moving around and I scream a blood curdling sound as it keeps hovering above me. I let a pigeon in the penthouse and now it's going to peck me to death.
Grabbing the dishcloth I hold it over my head like the thin fabric can save me and crawl to the other side of the room. The bird stares at me with nothing but plans of torture in its eyes and I try to speak calmly instructing it on how to leave. "The door's just there, fly towards it please." I'm not ok, I'm talking to a fucking pigeon like it will understand me. It looks like it does and has a smug fucking face saying I'm trapped. Fuck you pigeon.
Sensing my thoughts it flies at me again and I run ducking behind the sofa. Contemplating on what to do I shout as loud as I can hoping Roel hears my voice through the music while he trains. "ROEL! HELP ME!" There's no sound at first so I keep shouting as the pigeon from hell keeps coming at me.
Music blasts through the penthouse and heavy steps come towards me as the bird moves further away from its escape and flies into the window. "No, no. You've got to leave." It flies into the window again and I take a step closer wanting to see if it's injured when rough hands grab my arms and turn me.
Roel's features are covered in violent worry, his eyes tracing every part of me and his voice is panicked. "What's wrong?" The bird flies at us and I duck knowing it has vengeance in its blood. Pulling Roel with me he stares at it in flight with his mouth hanging open. He blinks and looks again then barks out a laugh that has his doubled over. "You screamed fucking murder for that?" Pushing against his chest I point at the fucker who's acting like it's innocent. "It keeps trying to attack me." My voice is full of the offence he caused and the bird proves my point flying at me again.
Fuck Roel, he can deal with the bastard thing. Moving around the room I try to get away from it hoping it will take him as a new target. It doesn't and I'm pathetically running around in circles until I hit a solid chest. Looking up Roel's eyes are hard as he stares at the pigeon silently telling it to calm the fuck down. When it doesn't he puts me behind his back and I notice the gun in his hand.
"No! Don't hurt it." My hand shoots out at the same as my words and I pull his wrist back. "Just take it outside so it can be free like it's supposed to." The disbelief and shock on his face doesn't leave and Roel opens his mouth to say something as the pigeon swoops back down to attack again. I'm screaming and pushing him forward to save myself when it stops and the crazy bastard has it in his hand.
Roel adjusts his grip keeping its wings closed as it tries to get away from him but he walks calmly to the terrace door. I'm following him because I need to see what happens and Roel goes to the edge letting it go. "You scared the fucking shit out of me, all because of a bird." He's speaking to himself shaking his head as it flies away and I feel embarrassed over my screaming without it there.
My face heats and I turn before he can see it. Without the danger it sounds silly but he didn't see the murderous glare it sent me. Roel doesn't stop me and I go to disinfect anything it might have touched. Following after me his stupid laugh is still there and it gets harder to ignore as he keeps stopping and starting while he cleans his hands. Wiping down all the surfaces arms band around me and that laugh gets louder shaking me as he doesn't let me go. My tone is harsh trying to get him to stop. "It's not funny." Turning me around I glare at him trying to force the sound back down his throat. Roel speaks with the humour still trying to escape him. "It was a pigeon. I've tortured men and they haven't screamed like that." The words leave him so easily, I can forget what everyone around me is. They don't talk openly about what they do and they're normal people. I don't feel fear at hearing him talk about it, I know that none of them would hurt me physically. I've worked my way into the family so I'm safe.
Pushing against his chest he doesn't give me space so I close off crossing my arms over my chest and staring at the imprint of the bird on the glass. "Well you should have got tips before setting it free." The pissed tone makes him laugh harder and Roel tries to pull me closer. Our hips are joint together but I lean back trying to get away. "Come on angel, it's funny. If you heard me screaming and seen that you'd laugh."
Pretending he doesn't exist, one arm leaves my back and Roel prods at my face trying to get a reaction. I keep staring at the window and he moves his lips across my cheek making my heart race. "Baby I'll protect you from the big bad pigeon." He can't even say it seriously and his laugh brushes against my skin as he presses his lips into my cheek. Asshole, it's a genuine thing to be frightened of when you don't expect it.

Roel
Hearing Maria scream my name with so much fear in her voice is the worst sound I've ever heard. Finding out it's because of a bird is fucking hilarious. The bastard was going for her but she's not in danger so I can relax. Peppering the side of her face with my lips I try to get her to come back to me. She's softened recently and I want my angel back not the statue she's pretending to be now.
Somewhere between her cheek and temple the emotion behind my lips change and I hold her hips tighter to me. I broke my streak the day we went to the boutique, it wasn't purposeful. Maria fell asleep against me and I couldn't bring myself to move her.
Ever since then I can't stomach the thought of touching anyone but her. The options are there but they're unanswered, I want her. I've fucked up and become addicted to the small tastes she's given me. Resting my forehead on her temple I try to get my lust under control, my dick has never went this long without stimulation and probably thinks it's been cut off.
She's not unaffected and presses into me harder making me fucking harder. This woman is going to kill me, I know she is. An angel here on earth with the sole purpose of dragging me to hell. "Engjëlli, I want you." My voice is husky filled with desire and she turns facing me. Holding my face in her hands the temptress comes out as she looks between my eyes and demands. "Beg."
I move faster than she can anticipate and press Maria against the counter, pinning her in place with my hips I thread my fingers through the hair on the back of her head pulling her back and grip her throat with my other hand. Our face are closer together, the twin lust battling inside of each while we each want control. "Let me make you feel amazing, cover you in diamonds while I fuck you, sit on my face and ride me until I'm covered in your cum. Engjëlli, let me feel the paradise between your legs." Her lips part and I move closer whispering the final plea. "Please."
Licking her lips she goes to speak when there's a knock on the door. Taking advantage of my distraction she pushes me away and I'm going to kill the cunt that stopped my visit to heaven. Maria moves around me going for the door and I pick her up to stop her. Tomas is stood on the other side but he doesn't question why I'm holding my wife off the ground and I tighten my hold when I see the same fucking roses and stuffed bear she got on her birthday.
There's an accusation sat on the tip of my tongue but Maria smiles at Tomas like she was expecting the delivery and fucking thanks him. His brows come together in confusion clearly seeing what she refuses to. Some fucking cunt is sending flowers to my wife and she's excited about them.
Keeping hold of her, I close the door so they rot like they should and Maria wriggles trying to pry me off her. "We're going to talk about them rules again." My voice is lethal and she freezes as I walk into the living room and sit her down. Standing opposite her I take a step back when fear flashes on her face. "Who the fuck sent you them?" The harshness doesn't leave and anger intensifies when Maria refuses to answer.
It comes out deadly when she looks away. "Answer me." Hunching her shoulders forward I feel like the biggest dickhead scaring her and try to soften my tone. "Who sent them angel?" Her head snaps up, the fear lessening being replaced by confusion. Blinking it away she makes it come back. "I don't know." Some perverted fucking creep is harassing her and they managed to find her new address. "I'll kill them, fucking prick." The words leave me without thought and I go to find the card on the flowers when Maria grabs my arm pulling me back. Her eyes are filled with worry and fear again but it's not over her safety, she's protecting the cunt.