42.

Roel
Seeing the bruising on Maria's pretty little neck makes me feel like the biggest bastard to ever live. She can scream from the rooftops that it wasn't my fault but I was the one who was in control. My only fucking job is to protect my wife, and I fucked it.
The yellow marks have gone no trace left on her beautiful skin but I can still see the angry lines that went from red to purple to yellow. I feel like I'm an abuser giving her gifts every day trying to win back forgiveness but she doesn't give it thinking it's not necessary. If it wasn't for the smile on Maria's face these diamonds could be coal for all I'd give a fuck.
Her eyes glitter, outshining the worthless rock she's coping over. "It's so pretty, thank you." Leaning up on her toes, she presses gratitude that's undeserved into my cheek and turns holding her hair up. I'm not moving fast enough and my angel gets impatient glaring at me over her shoulder. "Make yourself useful, pretty boy."
Doing as roughly demanded, I drape the diamonds around the base of her neck. It's not a choker after the marks the last one left, an elegant string of perfectly aligned carbon made to look like it's floating against their collar bones. Holding her hips I watch as she admires herself, Maria doesn't even realise how exquisite she is. Each day she's got more comfortable, there's no mental armour and she doesn't wear her heels around the penthouse anymore. My angel keeps pulling me closer to the edge not realising I'm already falling.
Nosing the silk off her shoulder my lips greet the spot I love and she leans back against me. Maria looks at me through the mirror and the temptress comes out as she takes one hand off her hip and guides it up her body. Im lost in the feeling of her, the sight of her controlling my hand that I don't realise what she's doing until my fingers touch her throat.
Pulling my hand down to the safety of her chest, she huffs and pushes against where she's caged herself in. "Watch the video, I used both hands." Ignoring her argument that's been falling on deaf ears I keep my hands where they are. It's been the same thing every day, am I fuck reliving the moment I thought she was fucking dead. I'm surprised the glass didn't shatter from the impact of my knees hitting the floor.
I've felt pain multiple times in my life, to the point where my body doesn't recognise it anymore. But seeing Maria hang limply is something that felt the closest to dying, fear had my heart threatening to stop beating. A gun pointed at my head wouldn't even raise my heart rate, the thought of her not being here has sweat beading down my spine.
Moving faster than I anticipated. Maria digs her hand into my pocket. If she wants my dick I won't stop her but there's an easier way to do it. Pulling my phone out instead, she taps away and sped up sound rings out. Leaning against me so we can both see the screen, I watch as my beautiful Angel climaxes. Like she said, my hand pulls away but she holds it to her neck with two hands. Not wanting to witness my living nightmare that still haunts my I turn it off.
Theres nothing but arrogant lust in her eyes and an I told you so on her tongue. "Now will you stop being weird?" I should fuck that attitude right out of her but as long as I have the lifeless image playing on a loop we're both going round in circles.
Palming her ass, my fingers touch nothing but bare skin. A groan trapped in my throat because she's bare, the only thing between me and her body is the luxurious silk covering half of her body. Choosing not to give her an answer, I look around for a distraction seeing clothes pulled out. It's not what Maria usually wears when we're home, the long gowns are more for when she wants to make an impression.
My little temptress was planning on seducing me and my lips lift on one side imagining the filthy things going on her pretty head. Sensing my thoughts she turns my lust to lead. "I'm going out." Maria lifts her chin in the air and goes to the sexiest fucking dress she's pulled into her options. Holding it against her body she ignores me raging at her back.
Keeping my tone even takes work. "Where are we going?" The bite underneath has angel's eyes flicking to me then back to the dress. "Not we, I am going on my date." Every time I've called her angel is a fucking lie, she is nothing but the devil. My hand itches to wrap around her neck and she looks to it pointedly. Curling it into a fist to stop the temptation, she dismisses me slipping out of her robe and making me mute.
With one move Maria is back to being my angel but the devil lives behind her deep blue eyes, swimming in the depths of the waters and making her a temptress that I will never be able to resist. Pulling the ivory silk up her body, the crystals resting between her tits mock me. The annoying fucking things keep blinking at me under the light and I can hear them gloat at touching her skin. The neckline is low, the only thing covering her tits is the carefully positioned crystals and Maria slips her arms into the sleeves effortlessly.
Holding the front of her dress she remembers I exist and pulls her hair to one side with the other hand. Not looking at me angel's voice is bored with her instruction. "Be a good husband and button me up." My feet move without any thought from me, Maria has full control over every part of me. But am I fuck letting her go on a date with some dickhead.
The bullshit mask doesn't hide her accelerated heart beat, or how goosebumps dot her skin when my shirt brushes her back. It definitely does fuck all to hide the way she leans into me and softens when my lips press into her exposed shoulder. Pinning her in place her deep blues stay locked on mine as I whisper into her ear. "Nice try, wife."
Turning without giving her anything more, I go in search of the prick who thinks they can take my fucking angel on a date. Verelli let's Mara run Steorra however she wants and the Bratva do all the vetting so who fucking knows what type of lunatic it's going to be. Niko is an annoying little bitch whining over me pissing Francesca off so I ignore him and go straight to the source.
Mara answers on the first rings and there's too much happiness in her voice. "Well hello you liar, how can I help you?" I should have given more than a seconds thought into fucking with her. Going straight for bribery, I keep my voice low so Maria doesn't hear anything. "Tell me and I'll buy you a goat. Or a whole farm." The laugh that follows is an evil cackle belonging to a villain in a children's movie. Sobering up Mara's voice is deadly. "Next time don't be a shithead and I'll help you." The vindictive shit puts the phone down on me.
Searching for any other way to get Maria to stay all mine, heels click against the floor coming closer and she's speaking to someone. "Thank you, I'll be down in five minutes." Not fucking happening.
Grabbing the first thing I see, I swipe angel's wrist before she can pass me and secure the zip tie around it so she's physically stuck to me. Her voice comes out high pitched and pissed. "Roel what the fuck are you doing?" When she tries to kick at me I secure her ankle to mine. There she can't fucking go anywhere but stay where she belongs.
Straightening up, my voice is filled with pride and she stares at my mouth trying to burn my smile. "Let's go engjëlli." Maria's eyes go wide looking between the points we're secured and she pushes her body into mine going for my pocket where my knife is kept. Taking it before she can wrap her delicate fingers around the metal, I hold it above her head.
There's no hint of a struggle in my voice but Maria's chest is rising and falling faster. "We don't want to keep our date waiting." Unhappy with my reminder, she's fucking adorable glaring up at me. "As soon as that goes back in your trousers, so do I." Realising the double meaning to her words she slaps at my chest rolling her eyes. "You know what I mean, pretty boy." There's no heat to her words as she feels me harden against her stomach.
I'm sure being constantly hard is a bad thing but my body doesn't know how else to react around angel. She could be asleep, eating, glaring at me or ignoring me and my dick will always salute her.
Pushing into me my temptress grinds against my dick softening and giving me big eyes. Everything in me tells me say fuck it and give in but no one gets her but me. Pulling her with me, I love my idea because she can't go anywhere. The zip ties don't dig into her skin with the fabric protecting her but I keep my steps as gentle as possible on the way to the terrace doors.
Throwing the knife over the side of the building Maria gasps and pulls at my arm like she'll be able to rewind the movement. "You can't do that." Silly little angel doesn't realise we can do whatever we want. Pointing at nothing in the sky she follows my command. "Oh, look at that." Bending her neck to see the nothing my voice is monotonous when her brows come together. "It's the fuck I gave, the pigeon must have came back to get it."
Stopping any further argument, I move so I'm stood at her back and time our steps so she doesn't feel any discomfort from the tie around her ankle. Maria walks but shakes her head speaking to herself. "Fucking crazy bastard." Her cursing me out shouldn't make me smile but she's right. I'm a psychotic fucker only for her, I've lived my life not giving a fuck or wanting anything. No one will take the one thing that's changed that away from me.
Anger radiates off Maria the entire elevator ride but she masks it as we approach the driver. He looks shocked to see me but his face softens thinking angel is holding my hand out of choice. Tipping his head he gives me the name no fucker else has. "Parker is running a bit late and will meet you at the gala." Fucking prick, Parker is a dumb as fuck name. Who names their kid after a pen, I know he's going to be a prick already.
My angry angel pulls roughly on my arm until I'm sat beside her. Straightening the collar of my shirt I can feel the way she's trying to kill me with her eyes, the side of my face is heated but it's not enough to kill the arrogance at winning.
Opening my mouth to gloat she whisper hisses cutting me off. "Don't. This is humiliating." Her eyes go to the glass divider and my mood sours. Leaning into her, I keep my voice low so the driver doesn't hear. "Everyone will see a couple so love in with each other they can't be apart, don't worry engjëlli." My intention backfires and Maria goes rigid. She's trying too hard not to look at me making her eyes bounce around everywhere. My temptress has a quality no one else has, she can pull shit out of the depths of my soul without trying and I'm left trying to pull the words back in.