56.

Roel
The five pricks sit in a line against the wall, it's like a fucking nursery rhyme and a bitter laugh leaves me as everyone else stands back. "Who wants to be first?" Dickhead the furthest away from me who Maria pointed out spits at me. It doesn't go far with the beating they've already taken but my fists aren't my weapon of choice. Making his choice known I shrug and Niko follows me dragging the bastard out.
Don Vito gestures to one of his men as we pull the cunt up and a saw horse is placed in the middle for his fucked up audience. They all enjoyed this shit and now I will. Already knowing what's going to happen Niko moves with me in sync as Lucky and H stand ready.
His plea doesn't come but his taunts do. "You should have heard how she begged. Such a sweet sound and her cries were even better." My fist flies out hitting the back of his hard so hard there's a crack. It doesn't stop him only slurs the words. "The idea was hers, every warning she gave about you would do was done to her."
Steps move closer to me as I reach my knife and H pulls the cunts head back. Holding his face up so his mouth is open he grips his tongue between pliers and nods toward my hand on the knife. A sick smile slowly pulls my lips up as I get a better idea.
Cunt's eyes go wide as my knife goes closer to the usual muscle but I don't cut through only knocking the sides and taking the handle from H. Kicking into the back of the cunts knees he goes down showing everyone how he keeps fucking his own life up. That every fucking punishment is deserved and started by him.
His garbled scream is better than any fucking music and I let him see what used to be in his mouth fall to the floor. Trying to fight back with his arm tied behind his back doesn't work, it just leaves a messy trail of blood. Fucking inconsiderate prick thrashing about he dirties my fucking shoes.
Leaning him against the saw horse so the back of his body is exposed Niko keeps him in place as Lucky switches out and I go to the furnace. So many fire pokers to choose from and Don Vito is a twisted bastard because they're glowing from how long they've been in there. My kind of man.
Choosing the fire poker with twisted sharp spokes branching out from it, I go back to the cunt. Lucky has already sliced through his Achilles and back to holding his now freed arms out. Maria said her body betrayed her, each of these fucks will know the feeling of being trapped and unable to fight the immeasurable pain their in.
I don't look as I pull his clothes away from his bottom half, I don't need that fucking image haunting me with the others and the garbled scream bounces off the cavernous space as he's impaled. Pushing harder it cuts off telling me I went too fucking far. Fuck it, there's four more of the fucks it will be perfected by the end.
Letting the dead cunt fall to heap, the others look fearful muttering prayers. Fucking hypocritical bastards, praying to a God expecting mercy when they've never shown any. "Do you think God will hear you after seeing what you did?" The one closest to me pisses himself, a wet spot forming under him and his dark slack stick to his thighs. "Up, pissy pants." There's no humour in my tone despite my words. I'm not going to waste my fucking energy or let my hand touch his fucking urine. The blood on my shoes is bad enough.
He starts shaking and trying to blend into the stone wall behind him like that could fucking stop me. Taking the bloody fire poker out of its new holder, I stay away from puddle running through the dirt and hold it to his face. Cunt number two tries move away from it but there's no escaping his punishment when the spike goes through his cheek and he's dragged forward.

It takes two of the cunts for me to correctly calculate how much is enough to keep them alive and Don Vito looks like he's taking fucking notes from his chair. Standing to his full height, he holds his hand out for one of his minions and a hunting knife is placed in his hand. He doesn't instruct them verbally, using the knife tip like a conductors baton he directs his soldiers to pick each man up. A second coming in front of them and holding their dicks between pliers as he takes easy steps.
It's a practised move as he separates the offending appendages from their bodies and the poor bastard stuck holding the pliers stuff it into their mouths as they scream out. Holding his hand out again the knife is removed and exchanged for a silver tube. His movements are bored, no anger as he seals their lips shut and rinses his hands in a bowl like a king at a fucking banquet.
Without turning to look at us, the sound of the water moving plays behind his words. "Your wife will not hear nor see what caused her pain, she has requested to witness their deaths." Looking behind me towards where Alira's body was it's already gone and men are taking the dead fucks my experiments didn't work on.

Maria
I'm a spectator watching the conversation in front of me but not able to offer anything. Nonna is always sweet when she visits and it doesn't change now as she keeps her hand on mine trying to offer me strength. They're making polite small talk, it's awkward as fuck in the tense room but I don't stop them. It's better than all of us sitting in silence while the others do whatever they need to.
Footsteps move closer making my heart beat faster until Roel's face comes into view. There's no blood on him, his clothes are dark but the his skin is clean apart from reddened knuckles on one hand.
Ignoring everyone else he comes straight to me and palms my cheek as he lowers to his haunches. Speaking slowly my eyes want to close feeling the hand I'm used to as he strokes my cheek. "Are you sure you want to see?"
I need to see them die, then they can't haunt me. I'll be free instead of scared they'll come back and we can go home without the worry chasing me. Nodding my head he gives me a small smile and kisses my forehead. Roel doesn't let go of me as he stands and holds his hand out to me. It's a childlike innocent gesture but I hold on to his hand with both of mine like it's a life line.
Staying half a step in front of me protectively, Roel walks in the opposite direction of where he came and goes into a private courtyard at the back of the house. There are only three men tied with their hands behind their backs and kneeling. Tugging on his hand as I come to an abrupt stop panic seizes my limbs and Roel blocks my view bringing us nose to nose.
Sensing my question he strokes my hair back speaks softly without giving me the details. "They're gone engjëlli, I promise." There's no deceit on his face and I relax. If Roel said they're dead he made sure they are. My own killer.
Kissing my forehead again his lips linger on a deep exhale that moves across the top of my head. Tightening my hand around Roel's he kisses each of my knuckles before moving again and taking me closer. Each step has my heart pounding faster threatening to beat out of my chest but it calms when he walks behind them and takes me to the side. His body is positioned between me and the three kneeling but I stare at the back of their heads. I kept my eyes closed after the first time so I don't know who done what but the rings on the man in the middle tell me he's the one who kept punching the back of my head.
Revenge was never something I understood, how can harming someone who hurt you ease anything? But seeing those rings I get it. Revenge isn't about easing your pain, it's about passing it on hoping it loosens it's hold on you. I'm still staring at the ringed knuckles when we stop. It's far enough away for me to see everything without being spotted and I tug on Roel's hand even though I can feel his eyes on me. Keeping my voice low so the three soon to be dead fucks don't hear, I lean closer to Roel. "He kept hitting the back of my head when I wouldn-" Cutting off the rest I don't want him to know I point to the sick bastard in the middle.
Anger engulfs the air around me from more than one source and I turn to see H, Niko and Lucky following where I pointed. If looks alone could kill, he would turn into dust with the force of Roel's eyes alone. They soften making him a different person when looks at me and gestures to my three guards. "Stay here angel, they won't let anyone near you ok?" I nod moving back while still holding on to his hand.
My hands are too cold when I finally let go and Lucky stands at my back with Niko and H angled at my sides so they're covering me without restricting what's going to happen. Roel goes to Don Vito and they're speaking too quietly for me to hear but his head snaps up glaring at the man I pointed to.
Gesturing to one of his soldiers the Don gives an order that has him running off. Growing up under 'Ndrangheta rule we were taught fear of mafioso, we saw it everywhere. In the news how there were car bombs and the corruption running rampant. It's selfish that I feel gratitude despite that when he allows my vengeance. The soldato comes back moments later holding a block of metal and passes it to Roel.
Fitting it over his knuckles his body is bigger than I remember it ever being and every muscle is rigid as he takes measured steps to stand in front of the bastard. There's a muffled scream as Roel grabs his hair and pulls his head down exposing his nape and I've never seen the rage in him as he rains down blows. No screams can be heard over the sound of the bone breaking and Roel's hand is covered in blood. Niko moves closer his shoulder blocking my view as he clears his throat and the squishy crunching stops.
Moving back so I can see Roel's eyes are already on mine waiting. My smile is bigger filled with thanks and he doesn't look away from me as he raises a gun from behind his back and fires a close range shot into his temple. Jade eyes, dark blonde hair, sharp cheekbones and angel wings on his neck look back at me with love as he moves between the three of them ending their lives execution style.
Before the third thud hits the ground, H and Niko move around me like a closing curtain. They're not close enough to touch, all three of them giving me space but keeping me contained. Stepping aside Roel moves between the opening with one hand behind his back and pulls me to his chest. "Go with Niko, I've got to clean up." I nod and press my lips into his t shirt over his heart. A shaky breath flows through his chest as he kisses my hair then my forehead and steps back.