36.

Maria
There's a soft tap against my door and Roel doesn't wait for an answer pushing it open. The gentle smile looks wrong and the voice to match is hesitant. "It's ready angel, eat with me." He doesn't comment on me not using his room like he's made me since coming back from Italy and it's another knife to my heart. Keeping my distance, I take the seat at the furthest end from him and move the place setting.
Every morsel I put into my mouth tastes bitter and I give up trying to fake it. Taking the plate and scraping it off Roel stands nervously watching me like I'm throwing away gold. He doesn't let me escape blocking my path and holding my shoulders. Scanning me from head to toe the worry in his voice pisses me off. "What's wrong?" What's wrong is you're in love with another woman and I'm right in front of you. Keeping my face blank Roel lifts me by the back of my thighs and I stay like a doll in his hold, not wrapping my legs around him or holding on to him making it harder.
The annoyingly strong asshole doesn't miss a step and carries me to the sofa setting me down gently and locking my knees together between his. "Answer the fucking question." I don't react to the harsh tone, his hand tilting my face up is gentle so I know he's controlling himself. Blinking dumbly refusing to answer he leans down so we're nose to nose. The anger gives way to hurt and Roel swallows around a lump in his throat. "I told you once not to shut me out, I won't keep repeating myself."
Giving up on his argument he steps back and pulls me up by my nape until I'm bent in half. "You said you wouldn't hurt me." His hand loosens at my rushed words before tightening again. Air brushes my ass, the silk robe being pushed up showing him I'm naked underneath it. Palming my ass his fingers dig into my flesh and Roel speaks directly to my skin. "The first thing I told you is that I can make it hurt if you ask. You refused to answer, that's you asking."
His explanation is bullshit and I'm stopped from telling him that as crack lands on my ass. My scream turning into a moan when he massages the sting away. "Ready to tell me yet?" Staying quiet because I don't want to be the pathetic jealous one and I like how my body feels he does the same to the other cheek. "Tell me angel." No answer and his palm lands at the crease of my ass and thigh. "I can turn your ass red all night, answer me." Doing the same on my other leg Roel pushes against my nape until my head is between my legs and stands in front of me so I can't straighten.
Pulling my cheeks apart, he laughs darkly knowing the effect he's having. Stroking his thumbs down and pulling my lips apart, he kicks at my ankles making me widen my legs. There's an edge to his voice I've never heard before and Roel keeps fucking with my body never giving me relief. "When you want to be a good wife and loosen your tongue, I'll return the favour between your legs. Until then, your greedy cunt will keep leaking."
Stepping back he pulls me to stand but doesn't let me go sitting me across his thighs and caging me in. "I owe you an explanation." He nods at the demolished tv and my heart cracks, if he doesn't say the words I might be able to lie to myself. Resting his forehead against my shoulder, Roel kisses the joint and blows out a breath. "I haven't seen Alira and Eloise since they were children and Erion made their dickhead father leave New York. No brother wants to see his sister like that, especially when the last memory was of her in kitty pyjamas."
My assumptions are laughing at me knowing how wrong I got it. Relaxing against Roel I drop the fake pretences and soften my voice trying to ask without saying the words. "I thought you didn't have any family." The truth is woven between the syllables that everyone thought they were dead. Roel shakes his head and tightens his arms around me to stop me turning. I nearly miss the words with him speaking so low but they uncrumble my heart fixing everything inside of me. "I don't, there's only you."
Seeing that I'm not running away mentally or physically, Roel loosens his arms so I can turn to straddle him. Holding his shoulders I try to pass my thoughts to him without saying the words but what leaves me isn't insignificant. "You're mine too." His smile is wide again but there's a sadness in his eyes so I lean forward making sure my robe slips open and whisper. "Truth or dare?"
Taking a different path than usual Roel picks truth making me have to work to find a question. Wanting to get him away from his thoughts I go with the most outrageous thing I can think of. "Fuck, marry, kill. Niko, Dion and Lucky." My laugh filters through the words and bursts free at the disgusted look on his face. "I'm not fucking any of them pricks, they'd be fucking lucky to get my dick." His word choice answers for him and it takes a second for Roel's face to drop in realisation. "Not my answer Angel. I can't marry any of them because you've taken that title so I'll kill them all."
Deflating at his need to stop my fun Roel kisses a path up my neck in apology. "Truth or dare?" Nipping my ear lobe between his teeth I don't react and follow his lead. "Dare." There's a wicked smile on his face as Roel slowly sits back and I can see every dirty thought swirling behind his eyes. Roel sounds defeated and pulls me so I'm resting on his groin and grinds up on a promise. "I need two, one for tonight and one another night."
My nod is too eager, I'd let him do whatever he wants to me in the bedroom or out of it as long as the activity remains the same. Roel's voice is vulnerable delivering his command and I freeze. "I dare you to call me your husband." I have no issue with the word but it feels monumental, I've spent our entire marriage ignoring the title.
Leaninfg forward I trace his jaw with my finger, my lips brushing his cheek as I place them at his ear and whisper. "Nice try, marito mio." The word snaps something inside of Roel and he turns flipping me on my back and holding my arms above my head with one of his. I can see the tip of his dick poking out of his waistband and my mouth waters. Kissing down my neck he unties my robe and presses into my flesh. "The best thing I've ever done is make you my wife." He presses the words into the left side of my chest and goes further down.
When Roel's lips press into my sternum my stomach constricts and cramps have my muscles contorting. Trying to hide the pain from my face it doesn't work and he lifts up full of worry. "What's wrong?" My body hates me and has decided my punishment for birth control is to beat the shit out of me. I don't tell him that and try to get him to move again but Roel stays rigid above me.
Massaging my abdomen he lets go of my hands so he can use both of them and it feels amazing. A moan slips out and jade eyes lock onto mine. "Think I can make you cum like this?" He looks so determined that I feel bad for laughing. "You need to move a little further south caro mio, need me to show you?" One word that I never thought I'd describe Roel as, cute. But that's exactly what he is as he massages my stomach and looks offended.
Tickling into my sides I try to get away but he doesn't let me keeping me in place with one hand. Stopping with the petting, he turns serious above me and strokes my hair out of my face. A gentle touch accompanied with a gentle voice. "Je suis tombé amoureux de toi." I recognise the language as French but I don't know what the words mean. Or how many languages Roel knows. He's so fluent in every single one and applies the right accents to what my ears can pick up.
Picking the most important question first, I wrap my legs around his waist so he can't move away. "What does it mean?" Burying his face in my neck I'm distracted from his answer when lips and softly press behind my ear. "I'm in love with, your laugh." Blowing a raspberry on my neck to hear the sound again, Roel nips the skin between his teeth and moves back.
Pulling on his neck so he looks at me I continue my interrogation. "How many languages can you speak?" Speaking under his breath I pick up the words but not the meaning. "Not enough to say what I want." Roel moves back taking me with him and lists them of. "English, Shqip, French, and Italian. A bit of Turkish and Sicilian but I'm not fully fluent." My eyes go wide as he says them all flippantly, I know two and thought that was a point of pride.
Rubbing my thighs he keeps the same tone as he explains the reason for them. "My sperm donor didn't want me to make the great Alistair Cameron look bad so I had to pick up French to be 'cultured' and I'd run to the tutor knowing I wouldn't have to put up with their shit if I was away." Fitting myself against Roel's chest I hold on to him letting him say what he needs to. "When Alira and Eloise were born, I didn't have time to go to the tutor anymore. There wouldn't be anyone to look after them." The only emotion in his voice is when he talks about his sisters and I can't imagine the pain of raising children when you're a child only to never see them again.
My voice is small not knowing if I can ask but the question coming anyway. "Why do they have a different surname?" All of his family are famous, I've seen their names in the trashy magazines everyone says they hate but secretly love reading. Roel laughs more air than sound as he strokes down my back. "Alistair Cameron was born Albon Çami, he didn't want his poor life mixing with his rich one." The man is a conceited prick, everything is about his image. Using his son to further his aspirations when his cold heart shouldn't be fucking beating.
Everything Roel says the little snippets into his mind explain why he doesn't care for money. He was bought up around wealth but never got to reap a reward for it, fed poison on a golden spoon by the people who should have filled it with honey.
Kissing my shoulder signalling the end of the conversation, Roel pats my leg and announces. "Go to sleep angel." Sliding off his thigh I expect him to grab my hips or put his hand between my legs, his sex drive is way higher than mine and for the first time he doesn't initiate anything. Leaving Roel with his thoughts feels wrong but I've been dismissed and go to my room.

The bed is too big and the usual warm spot is cold making it hard to sleep. We haven't agreed to sleep in the same bed, it just naturally happened when I was too tired to move. Now I wish I forced the issue at least I'd be comfortable.
My fidgeting stops when the door clicks open and a sliver of light comes in the room. Roel moves silently but I can feel his presence getting closer until the bed dips. Wrapping his arms around me from behind, he kisses my neck and smells fresh out of the shower. Whispering into the dark I try to keep hope out of my voice. "What are you doing?" Holding me tighter he whispers back. "You weren't in our bed so we'll sleep here tonight." My smile hurts my cheeks and I push back feeling his dick against my ass. Roel presses into me but doesn't act on it. "Sleep engjëlli, you were in pain before. If it's gone by the morning wake me up with your mouth around my dick." My eyes snap shut wanting the sun to come up as soon as possible and his laugh brushes my neck.