2.

Roel
Letting go of Maria, I turn without giving her any more of the attention she craves but refuses to entertain. The woman is fucking maddening, she can feel everyone's eyes on her and basks in it but never fucking acknowledges me. Francesca's eyes are wide as I go to collect on winning my bet and she holds up a $100 bill. Swiping it from her fingers, I let her see the cockiness pouring out of me. It's less about winning, the reason for my being smug is all to do with getting under the unflappable angels skin. I thought she would mention that we've met but she didn't. No reaction to me at all despite her wearing the mask and seeing me clearly.
Niko gestures with his chin towards the doors and I turn to see what has his attention. The crowd parts as Maria walks steadily out of the club, there are no guards with her so I follow. She's sunk her way into each family and they'll lose their shit if she gets herself hurt. After the shit that's already went down, it's best not to start another war. Something I sense Angel could do without batting an eye.
The guard on the doors sees me lurking like a creep as I check the entrance for her. "She went to the cars, hasn't come back yet." Tapping his shoulder in thanks, I follow after her. We all parked at the side and it's not lit up so I struggled to see her through the shadows. The closer I get, I can hear angry hissing in Italian. The man's voice is filled with venom but Maria's is unaffected like it's boring to her.
Some prick in a suit has hold of her arm, his fingers bruising into her flesh and she's totally relaxed in his hold with her head turned away from him. Quickening my steps, I pull him back and stand in front of her. "Put your hands on me if you're such a big man, you fucking prick." There's a dare in my voice and I can feel the smile on my face telling him I want him to.
There's something about violence that's calming, your body works through everything before your mind can process and the endorphins in your blood after are better than any man made drug.
Sizing me up, I don't bother doing the same. He's older, old enough to be Maria's father but no one mentioned her parents being in the states. He has the same lilt to his speech as Maria. "Don't get involved between a husband and wife, boy." He spits the last word out thinking that will offend me. It's not the patronising word that has my attention but the insinuation that Maria is his fucking wife.
A hand lands on my arm, looking down I see it's her left one showing it's free of any ring. "I am not your wife." The tone of her voice takes me by surprise, it's not the cool and disinterested one of before as she steps out from behind me. Standing at my side Maria curls her hand around my arm getting the old bastards attention. His brows come together and he looks at me with nothing but bitter jealousy.
I don't know how people act in relationships, the ones I've seen have a backdrop of pain so I let Angel take the lead. Holding on to my arm, she leans closer to my side and her hand moves slowly over my chest until she cups my jaw and turns my head. Staring into the sea of her eyes, I forget about our audience.
People can mask their facial features but your eyes will still allow your thoughts to bleed through. No matter how much you shutter them, the gap never truly closes. Angel's aren't violent waters but hesitant waves as we move closer together and our lips connect.
I didn't kiss her in The Basement, something I fucking regretted but the reality of her lips on mine is something I couldn't have dreamed up in a million years. The taste of her pussy still haunts me years later and her mouth is the exact same, sweet fucking sin promising to drag me with her as she strokes her tongue against mine. Holding her hips, I turn her pushing Maria against the car and she moans into my mouth. The choked sound has her pulling away from me even though her arms loop around my neck.
Those deep blues flick over my shoulder before her head follows and she speaks to the old cunt I forgot about. "As you can see Ernesto, I can't be promised to you when my heart has already spoken." Her hand strokes up my neck and I have to close my fucking the eyes savouring the feeling.
The fake love on her face as she looks back at me doesn't hide her plea for me to go along with whatever bullshit she's trying to sell. Old dickhead, Ernesto, breaks the moment with a bitter laugh and I turn keeping Maria behind me. "You are not married, you'll forget all about this cazzo when we go back to Salerno."
The stupid fuck gives himself away, I knew she wasn't fucking married to him. "We will be, I'll send you an invite." The words leave me before I can process the thought and Maria turns rigid at my back. It wipes the smile of the cunts face and I don't let him untangle the lie. "Now, fuck off. Come near my fiancée again and I won't be as fucking nice." Letting him see my dark thoughts, he steps back. Old world traditionalists have no respect for anyone but marriage is supposed to be between the couple and god so he leaves.
Maria doesn't question anything and slides out. She doesn't even give me a second fucking look walking back into After Dark like she owns the world. Not even a fucking thank you.

Someone is starting a fucking fire inside my skull and I wince trying to open my eyes. The amount of light isn't normal and it feels like I'm sat directly in front of the sun. Last nights celebrations coming back, it wasn't just for Niko and Francesca's engagement but finally having my boy home free.
Checking the time I slap around the bed trying to find the vibrating device that shakes everything. Niko's name flashes like the devil knows my thoughts. "You've got 30 minutes before I kick your ass, the bastard bunny has disappeared." Covering my eyes with my arm I ignore his threat. My mouth is dry as fuck making me sound as worn out as I feel. "Morning to you too, fucker."
His laugh rings out and he turns into the shithead I know. "Morning love. Get the fuck up or I'll put you in the fucking cage and tell Lilly you're her new bunny." Ending his call I drag ass knowing it's not an exaggeration. The worst fucking thing I ever did was buy a fucking rabbit trying to make his little girl happy. Somehow I'm left with doing everything for the sad bastard.
Walking into his house, Lilly's shouts are muted by the angry fucking glare coming from her mother. "The day you have a child, I'm buying them a drum set and a megaphone." Francesca is like the little cousin that follows you around everywhere and then grows up to be the angry one resentful you wouldn't let them follow. It doesn't mean she's not dangerous but that she has a lifetime of information to use. Shrugging at her threat my voice fills with humour. "What an excellent reminder about contraception."
Moving around her I join the search for the depressed animal. It looked the exact same as the stuffed one Lilly never let's go off, but it's face is upside down and it has sad fucking eyes that pull you in. The big droopy ears add to the image making anyone feel bad for it.
Lilly is running around calling out bunny like it will respond back and I go to check under the sofa.
A perfect ass is in the space I was going to be. I know the feeling of it in my hands and when she wiggles to the side to get a better look it's like she's fucking speaking to me. Face down, ass up the only thing missing is her wings. Muttering a low curse, Maria leans forward and pulls something out. She stands with fucking class and elegance like she wasn't just on her knees and isn't holding the rabbit who tries to chew on her hair.
Seeing right through me, she calls for Lilly and hands the bunny over. I'm used to getting attention, not because I'm a conceited asshole. I look like my mother who gave up a modelling career to live a short life giving birth and that gets peoples attention. Everyone but Angel will stare or try to speak to me.
Fuck her bullshit, Maria's the one who said her heart was spoken for. Not giving her any space, I sit beside her making sure our thighs touch. "How long have you been in love with me?" Her head snaps up at my question but she keeps her face blank before a playful look enters her eyes.
Running a knuckle across my jaw the same way she did when I met her, Angel leans closer whispering in my ear. "You wouldn't want to be loved by me, pretty boy." Turning into her touch, I keep my voice low. "Oh yeah, why's that?" Her breath hitches as my words ghost over her cheek but Maria doesn't move away. She moves closer and her hand moves slowly up my thigh.
I'm already hard as fuck and I widen my legs silently telling her to move up. Her laugh hits my neck as she stops before she reaches my dick. "I'd chew you up and spit you out." Going to move, I hold her nape stopping her escape. Looking down her body, my eyes travel up slowly until I reach her eyes and go back to her lips. "I'd prefer you suck and swallow." The tease licks her fucking lips and I weep inside, my dick already leaking remembering how she looked with her lips stretched around a dick I can change it to mine easily. Looking back up to her eyes my voice is coated in desire as I try and entice her. "Say the word, engjëlli." A strange look passes over her face and Maria pulls back scrutinising me.
Before she can ask the question swarmed by lust in those oceanic eyes a hand lands on my shoulder. "Office, we've got some things to talk about." Niko's order is all business so I will my dick to calm the fuck down. He wouldn't appreciate me walking around his home hard and I know the psychotic fuck would probably take Francesca on another 'date' at my expense.
Walking into his office, Dion and H are both stood there. Erion isn't here so at least there's not another fucking war starting. H doesn't wait for the door to fully close before he speaks. "You're marrying Maria." It's not a question and I look to the head of my own fucking family. We might be all interlinked and shit but that doesn't mean I'll take an order from the 'Ndrangheta.
Dion nods telling me he's fucking agreed the prick. "Word has already got out. Rizzo has nothing to do with la cosa nostra, he's only an associate. They won't start a war over his geriatric ego being hurt but, you'll make us look dishonourable if it's a lie." He speaks calmly and it makes sense but I want to fucking argue I didn't do shit. It's all that fucking sin wrapped in the sweetest package outside.
Seeing my refusal, Niko steps forward trying to ease me into the idea. "It's fake man, just on paper." Shrugging his hand off me when he tries to squeeze my shoulder I pin him with a look letting him know I fucking hate the idea. "Maybe she'll help clean your shit hole apartment." He shrugs ignoring the torture I'm plotting.