72

Previously...

"So what is the point?"

"The point is you're not ready to go through with this on your own."

"Oh, and you are? You and Em have been together for years and you've never moved in."

"That's because I was too busy taking care of you and Alice."

"No one said you had to."

"I told myself I had to or else you'd end up in a foster home somewhere. I had to protect you."

"I don't need protecting. Not anymore."

Rose sneered, "So you go into one year of rehab, and suddenly you're all perfect."

I shook my head and said, "No, not perfect. Just stronger."

~oOo~

A/N: Wow, looks like all of you guys like the idea of EB moving in together. Let's see where that will take them.

Songs used: "If No One Will Listen" by Kelly Clarkson

September 2012

A week before my 19th birthday, a rape and sexual assault awareness company called RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) contacted me and asked me if I wanted to become one of their representatives for the month of September. Of course, I said yes, and Edward and I wrote a song for it.

Maybe no one told you

There is strength in your tears

And so you fight to keep from pouring out

But what if you unlock the gate that keeps your secret soul

Do you think there's enough to that you might drown?

[Chorus]

If no one will listen

If you decide to speak

If no one is left

Standing after the bombs explode

If no one wants to look at you

For what you really are

I will be here still

No one can tell you where you alone must go

There's no telling what you will find there

And, God, I know the fear that eats away at your bones

Screaming every step, "Just stay here"

[Chorus]

If you find your fists are raw and red from beating yourself down

If your legs have given out under the weight

If you find that you've been settling for a world of gray

So you wouldn't have to face down your own hate

[Chorus x2]

I will be here still

We also released a short video for the song, with just me and Edward on keyboard in his living room.

Tons of fan letters and messages were sent to me, sharing their triumphs over sexual abuse. It made me cry because I knew I wasn't alone in my situation, but I was so glad to hear that there were so many strong, young women out there.

As for us moving in together, we would start apartment-hunting after the Grammy's. We went for an apartment as opposed to a house because we wanted something small to start out in.

That's right, DOTP's song "Renegade" was nominated for "Best Rock Performance" for the 2012 Grammy's!

I screamed so loudly when I'd first gotten the letter from the Grammy's Association, and Alice and Rose jumped up and down and screamed with me! The boys congratulated us, and Edward kissed me hard.

Later that month, we got all dressed up to go to the event, held our breath when they announced the nominees, and...

.

.

.

We didn't win.

Mumford and Sons' "I Will Wait" won, and I tried to hide my disappointment. I looked at Edward sitting beside me, and he had no emotion on his face. I took his hand, and he let go.

When we got home, he didn't speak to me until we got to the front door of the Cullen home.

Everyone shot us smiles of pity and I could still hear Alice ranting about how we should have won.

"You ok?" I whispered, and tried to take his hand again. This time, he curled his fingers in mine.

He sighed and hugged me. "No, not really," he mumbled in my hair. "We worked so hard, and the fact that we lost to those...." He breathed in slowly, and I rubbed his back in small circles.

"It's ok, you know I'm kinda glad we didn't win," I said.

"Why's that?"

"I feel like there's more to do, like this should push us to do more in DOTP." I explained.

"Yeah, it will. And when the day comes and we get our Grammy, it'll be even more special." he said, and I smiled.

He smiled back and kissed my lips.