39

Song used: "You'll Never Know" by VersaEmerge

Previously...

We took a break, and Rose pulled me over.

"Hey, we're ok, right?" Rose asked tentatively.

I sighed and hugged her. "Yeah, I know you're just looking out for me. It's just," I turned, making sure no one heard us, "It's just, I can handle the Edward-and-me thing. But if I need your help, like desperately, I'll ask."

She nodded and smiled. "Ok."

Arm-in-arm, we went back with the others.

"Hey, Kate?" I ushered her over.

"Yeah, what's up?" she smiled.

"Just wanted to ask, are you into Sam?" I whispered in her ear.

"Yeah, I am," Kate whispered in my ear, and my jaw dropped.

"Really?" I gushed, hugging her.

"Yeah, but you can't tell anybody." Kate smiled. "The thing is: We're secretly dating. We agreed to not tell anybody because we're waiting for you and Edward to have a chance."

My smile faded away. "What? Why?" I asked.

"Because all of us want Edward to get his head out of his ass and speak up," Kate said smugly.

"Kate," I sighed, "that's really sweet of you, but..."

"But what? He likes you, and you love him; what's the problem?" Kate asked.

"The problem is..." I started, but I wanted to talk this over in private, not with Edward standing across the room from me, watching me closely. "Look, can we talk about this later?"

Kate saw Edward's face and sighed. "Sure. We'll text."

And we just let it go for the rest of the day.

We recorded "Long Live", and I could feel his eyes drilling in the side of my head. I couldn't look Edward in the eye for this one because I was afraid of what he'd see.

- September,17-20, 2007-

Edward, our bandmates, and I spent the next three days performing "Two is Better" on talk shows like Ellen, The View, Regis and Kelly, and Rachel Ray. Having seen all of those shows on television and knowing how nice those audiences were helped me with my nerves. They helped me prepare for the bigger audiences that we'd have one day.

Also, during those three days, we found out that "Two is Better" went platinum! Edward picked me up, spun me around, and kissed my forehead passionately when he found out. I couldn't stop smiling after that.

Later that night, Kate and I texted all night, chatting about the problem with her and Sam waiting on me and Edward. I was starting to think Edward and I would never happen.

Hey, don't give up hope yet! Maybe there'll come a day where he'll catch Tanya and Jake going at it! ;) - K

No,becausethen he'd be mad at me for keeping that from him. -B

He'll pout for a day;then he'll ask you to marry him the next day. You guys are soulmates!-K

I sighed deeply as I put my phone down and I used to think that. But now, I wasn't so sure...