2

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight.

It was Saturday afternoon when it happened.

I was in my room, studying for my English final. Alice was out with her boyfriend Jasper at the mall. Rosalie was in the garage, fixing her convertible, with her boyfriend Emmett as her handyman.

My window was open, and I could hear Rose and Emmett laughing, along with the clanking of tools.

It must be nice to have someone love you like that, I thought. To have someone protect you, and tell you everything is okay.

My mind flashed upon Edward Cullen's face again. Ever since I'd had that dream 2 nights ago, all I could think about was him. I tried to put my mind on other things like school and work, but I couldn't. It didn't help that there were "2 of his biggest fans" in this house.

Rose told me she wasn't much of a fan until his second single, Come Back to Me, off his 1st album. Now she thought he was a good singer, but not very cute. Alice, on the other hand, was a die-hard fan. She had posters of him all over her room, listened to all of his songs, even songs from his demo CD. I was still surprised Jasper could tolerate seeing his brother's face on his girlfriend's walls, but I guessed he loved her so much he could put up with-

I heard a door slam and then a loud, piercing scream. I turned around quickly in my chair, ran out of my room, and stopped at the top of the staircase. Emmett and Rose were there, shocked looks plastered on their faces as they stood next to Alice.

Alice was looking at a white paper in her hand and had the widest grin on her face.

"Alice! What is it? What's wrong?" I asked.

Alice didn't answer. Rosalie walked over and opened Alice's hand with the paper and read aloud.

"'Want to get the chance to meet Edward Cullen? He needs a new singing partner, and you could be the one!" She turned to me, then to Alice, then back at the flier. "' Just make a 2-3 minute video showing off your skills; any song of any genre. Send to HollywoodWorldRecords .com. Deadline is Saturday, May 21st.'" She turned to Emmett accusingly.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" she asked.

"I didn't think it mattered," Emmett said, "And I thought you hated my brother."

"I don't hate him, I'm just not much of a fan. But he does have a pretty decent voice." Rose answered.

"Decent?" Alice cried, speaking for the first time. "His voice and piano skills are amazing!" she then turned to Jasper, who looked a little hurt. "Aside from you, Jasper, I mean, your guitar skills and voice are incredible!" she smiled.

Jasper smiled at her. "Thanks." He said.

Alice gasped, then turned to me. "Oh my god, Bella! You have such a pretty voice! You should-"

"No. No way. I-I can't." I stammered.

"Why? You and Edward would make the perfect couple! On and off-screen of your music videos!" she said with a sly grin.

I gaped at her, and looked at everyone else. Jasper was trying to keep his smile down; Emmett started laughing hysterically; Rosalie looked a little disgusted.

"It's not that easy, you know. Singing with a partner, that takes a lot of work." I said, walking down the stairs.

"So? You sing all the time." Alice replied.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't.

"Yes you do. In your truck,"

"In the mall," Jasper jumped in.

"When you're walking to your truck," Emmett laughed.

"When you're listening to your IPod," Rose added.

"Ok, but that's not singing, that's just-" I started to say.

"â€" spontaneous singing." Alice interrupted. "Face it, Bella, we've all heard you. You've got the chops."

I groaned. I've also been playing the guitar since I was 4, so that proved Alice's point even more.

I groaned again. "Ok, ok. I'll do it, but only if you and Rose do one too." I said.

Alice gasped. "Really? Yay!" she cried, and then she hugged me.

I hugged her back and kissed her spiky black hair. Why did I always give in to this little girl?

I looked to Rosalie. She smiled a smile that didn't quite touch her eyes…