43

Previously...

"I'll walk you out." He took my hand and laced his fingers through it. "So, I'll see you later tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I nodded shyly. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

He then kissed my cheek tenderly, and I walked out, feeling a bit overwhelmed. But the smile never left my face as I drove home.

~oOo~

A/N: Song used: 'Over You' by Miranda Lambert

Thanks to my beta Dimelza Llivell.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything Twilight, just the plot!

When I got home later that evening, I told Alice and Rose what had happened with me and Edward. They screamed happily when I'd told them he kissed my cheek, and I couldn't help but smile brightly.

"So, wait, you two are officially together now?" Alice asked.

"Um, kinda, yeah," I smiled shyly.

"Kinda?" rose asked.

"Well, we haven't aired out the fine details yet, but he said he can't just be friends. We're much bigger than that," I said.

"Oh, well, that's sweet," Alice swooned.

"Yeah," I blushed.

"Well, as long as you both are okay with this. But if he hurts you, I swear to God..." Rose threatened playfully.

"Don't worry, you know him, so he's clean!" I laughed.

~oOo~

Edward and I told the band about us going out together, and Kate gave a huge sigh of relief, shouting, "Finally!" Then, she proceeded to tell us that she and Sam were dating as well.

Edward's jaw dropped to the floor when he heard that, but in the end, he was okay with it.

Edward and I decided to join up together just to practice on our own. The band was okay with it, and I grew nervous. I mean, Edward and I have always been able to be alone in a room together, but now with us dating, it got me a little nervous. The general public and the media didn't know we were dating, and we were fine with that. This was our relationship, not theirs. They only needed to know stuff about our record, not our personal life. The band didn't say anything to the media outlets about me and Edward when they asked more like screamed at them a couple times.

One afternoon, Edward and I were in my room, just goofing off on my guitar and keyboard when Edward saw a book on my desk. "Hey, what's that?"

I looked to where he saw my black journal, and I frowned. "It's nothing," I said quietly.

"Can't be nothing, Bella." He got up from my bed and walked to my desk.

"Edward, no. Don't!" I got up and grabbed the journal from his hands.

"Why? What's in there?" he smiled. "Something about me, right?"

"No... it's just personal stuff," I mumbled, sniffling.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he pulled me close, and I sat on his lap on the desk chair.

"It's nothing." I shook my head, still looking down.

Edward tucked my hair away from my face and pulled my chin up. "You can tell me."

I shook my head, tears filling my eyes.

"Is it about your parents?" he asked gently.

I nodded.

He sighed sadly and pulled me close to his chest. I could hear his heartbeat as my tears soaked through his shirt. I was glad he didn't say anything else because I didn't know what else to say. We sat like that for a good ten minutes until I was through crying.

"There are songs in there that I haven't even looked at since they died. I just can't... not yet. I just want them here! I want them to see how happy you make me. I want them to see how well I'm doing. But they can't 'cause they're dead!" I cried.

I held onto Edward tightly, and he held me back. "They're not gone, Bella. Yeah, they passed away, but they're still here. They're still with you and Alice and Rose. They're both with you in here." He palmed my heart. "And they're always watching you."

I sniffled, and I held onto his hand that was on my heart. This young man held my heart and captured my soul in so many ways.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I know," he smiled, twirling my hair between his fingers. "I love you, too. Sorry it's taken me so long to say it back."

I smiled and wiped away a tear. "It's okay," I said, kissing his cheek. I sighed, looking at the journal in front of us.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad just to take a peek?" he asked.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can." He pushed it gently toward me.

I tentatively opened the journal and we started flipping pages through it. Some of my thoughts were in song, or just in 'Dear Diary' format. When Edward flipped a page over to a song called "Over You," he stopped.

"What's this?" he asked.

"A song about my parents. I wrote it a week after they died," I said sadly.

"Can I hear it?" he asked. "I like the lyrics."

I got up off his lap and got my acoustic guitar.

Weatherman said it's gonna snow.By now, I should be used to the cold.Mid-February shouldn't be so scary;

It was only December, I still remember

The presents, the trees, you, and me.

But you went away.

How dare you?

I miss you.

They say I'll be okay,

But I'm not going to ever get over you.

Living alone here in this place,

I think of you, and I'm not afraid.

Your favorite records make me feel better

'Cause you sing along with every song.

I know you didn't mean to give them to me.

But you went away.

How dare you?

I miss you.

They say I'll be okay,

But I'm not going to ever get over you.

It really sinks in, you know, when I see it in stone.

'Cause you went away.

How dare you?

I miss you.

They say I'll be okay,

But I'm not going to ever get over you.

A tear fell from my cheeks, and Edward wiped it away with his thumb. Then, he leaned over to me, looking down at my lips, and I closed my eyes as —

"Bella!"

Edward sighed in frustration as he pulled away. I giggled at him.

"Hey, Bells, where are you?" Rose called as she opened my bedroom door. "Oh, hey, Edward."

"Hey," Edward waved, smiling.

"What's going on in here?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing, just goofing off and stuff," I said quietly, blushing.

Rose looked at the journal between us. "Aw, you showed him 'Over You'?" She smiled, and I nodded shyly. "Looks like Edward's a keeper." She winked and then left.

"God, she's just as embarrassing as Alice," I mumbled, and Edward laughed.

A/N: Reviews are better than almost-kissing Edward! ;)