59

A/N: I'm switching to Edward's POV for this chapter, just for you to see how it's going back in Forks. Happy reading!

Song used: "If You Ever Come Back" by The Script

Previously...

I saw her move around the piano to sit next to me. "Why couldn't you play before?"

I sighed and looked at her. "When our last concert happened, I just felt completely out of my own body. My emotions were on such a high from holding everything in, that when they finally came out, I felt exhausted. I was in the hospital the next morning."

"What happened? What made you so upset?" Bree put her hand on my leg soothingly.

-July 9, 2010-

Jake was charged for sexual assault for what he did to Bella. It made me feel a bit better, but not much. I still missed Bella, so much.

My last letter to her was intense. I'd written to her that I've felt this iratic sense of anger and frustration. Like my head was going to explode with just the mention of that night.

Bella's muffled screaming,

Jake's angry yells,

Him telling her she was his and no one else's,

It was all just too much.

I wanted to kill him, and if he wasn't on house arrest, I would have.

My fists shook in place as I tossed and turned in bed. After all of the letters Bella and I had written, Bella still needed convincing that I would still be here for her when she came back next year. Bella was IT for me. She was my life, the topic of all of my songs; her face clouded every thought in my mind, as well as memories of our time together before her absence.

I looked up at my clock beside my bed. 12 Midnight.

Emmett had an idea to make a tribute for Bella, but I wasn't sure how she would take it if she found out. Would she cry, be upset, hurt, embarrassed? Would she hate me? I wasn't sure.

"She'd appreciate the thought, even when she's a thousand miles away," Jasper assured me.

"But would it make her upset that she's not here with us?" I asked.

"No, I don't think so, I mean, that's why she's there in the first place. To get better." Jasper said.

I glanced at my guitar, which I haven't touched since Bella left. Maybe it would be good to get my feelings into music.

"Ok, what should we start with first?"

~oOo~

After a few days of rehearsing and recording the song, Emmett, my band, and I finally were able to make a video and upload it to YouTube.

[Italics: Edward; Bold: Emmett]

If you're standing with your suitcase

But you can't step on the train

Everything's the way that you left it

I still haven't slept yet

And if you're covering your face now

But you just can't hide the pain

Still setting two plates on the counter but eating without you

If the truth is you're a liar

Then just say that you're okay

I'm sleeping on your side of the bed