33

A/N: Song used: "Spotlight (Twilight Mix)" by MuteMath. It was featured in the Twilight Soundtrack! It inspired me to even write this story. Enjoy! Listen along while reading.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything Twilight.

Previously...(EPOV)

"Edward..." she murmured. I turned to her, thinking she was awake, but her eyes were still closed. Ah, she was talking in her sleep again. She curled up against me, murmuring, "I love you, Edward."

I smiled and kissed her forehead. "I like you, too, Bella."

BPOV

The next morning, I woke up next to Edward, sleeping on the living room couch.

That gave me a chance to think about everything that had happened the night before. Prom, Jake invading my house, Edward saving me, he and I talking about where we stood in our friendship, and my explanation as to why I went along with Alice's stupid plan to get him jealous.

It was a good thing Edward forgave me for even doing that to him because he didn't deserve that kind of trickery.

But one thing stood out to me last night, and I wasn't even sure if I had heard him correctly. I thought I heard him say, "I like you, too, Bella."

Maybe he did say it, maybe he didn't. Either way, it proved that there was something more than friendship between us.

I shook him awake, and he grumbled in his sleep.

"Edward, wake up," I said.

"No," he mumbled, and turned over on his side, his arm draping over me. He sighed deeply; I felt really comfortable, but I really needed to talk to him.

"Edward, wake up," I said again, shaking him a little harder. "I have to talk to you."

He grumbled and lifted his head. "Why? What's wrong?"

He let me go and I sat up in the couch. "I heard you say something last night, and I want to know if it's true."

He sat up as well and rubbed the fatique out of his eyes. "Okay, what?"

"Um, I heard you say you liked me," I replied.

Edward gaped, quickly recovered, and smiled nervously. "Oh, you heard that, huh?"

I nodded. "Yeah, what did you mean by that? Do you... like me like that?"

He sighed deeply and then took my hand in his. "Yes, but..."

"But what?" I asked, marveling at his hand in mine.

"But I just don't know what to do." He stood up and started pacing. "I mean, I'm starting to have feelings for you, while I'm still hung on Tanya, and it's just a mess! Just a mess, and I don't want to lead you on, or anything, because you're one of the most important people in my life, and I'd hate to lose you." He kneeled down across from me and held my hand again. "Tell me what to do."

I was speechless at his confession, but I didn't know what to do any more than he did. I shrugged. "I really don't know. I-"

Before I could finish my sentence, we both turned when we heard keys jingling the front door open. Alice, Jasper, Rose, and Emmett came pouring in. "Hey!" they all shouted out, quickly stopped when they saw us.

Edward let go of my hand and stood up quickly. "Hey, guys, how was the party?"

Alice and Rose shared a curious look; then they looked at me.