6

The Spotlight is On! Ch 6 

A/N: Hey! I know what you're probably thinking, "Where have you been?" "It's been too long!" Well, I'm back! And I know I said I wanted a beta to help me out, and I still do, but I've decided to put this next chapter out because it just came to me, really. 

Anyway, before I start babbling, here's the next chapter! Enjoy! 

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight.

I finished the last dish in the sink and put the dish in the dishwasher. I closed the dishwasher and braced myself for the talk with Rosalie. Every step toward her room felt like my last. My hands felt shaky; I could feel my heart beating, pounding in my chest. It was a good thing I kept my breathing in check, or else I really would be a major wreck.

When I finally made it to Rose's door, I heard light piano playing. I remembered this song. It was the first one we wrote together after our parents died. We'd decided that we'd become a duo band of some sort…

Flashback (1 year ago)

Rosalie=underlined; Bella=no underlined; both= bold

*No one but me.*

*We are moving through the crowd.*

Rosalie played the last chord on her keyboard I followed through a few seconds later with a strum of my guitar with a smile.

Rosalie turned to me, a huge smile all over her face. "Yes! We finally finished!" she exclaimed, and we high-fived.

"Once I'm 18, we're going to get signed to some famous record company, and then we're so going to rock!" I said excitedly.

"Yeah, we are!" Rosalie exclaimed, and we hi-fived again. "Just promise me something?"

"Sure. What?" I asked, curious.

"Promise me that you'll let no one come between us. No boys, personal stuff. And when I say us, I mean you, Alice, and me," she replied in a serious tone.

"I promise." I agreed. She smiled, and we wrapped our arms around each other for a hug.

End Flashback

So that's why she was so upset at me. I forgot that after high school, we'd plan to become an official duo band, and we'd look for record companies to sign us. But since I won Edward's contest, that changed everything.

I slid down to the floor and sat against the wall next to her door. I put my head between my legs and sighed.

I heard her door open, but I didn't look up.

"Bella? You ok?" Rosalie asked.

I looked up and saw that her brown eyes were rimmed red. I got up and gave her a big hug. She tensed up for about three seconds, and then I felt her relax and put her eyes around my waist.

She sniffed. "I'm so sorry, Bella," she cried tearfully, "I've been acting like an immature brat. If you want to sing with Edward, you can. I have no right to stand in your way."

We let each other go and I looked into her eyes. "No, Rose, I completely forgot our agreement and promise last year. If I take this job and sign with him, then where does that leave you?" I replied.

"I'll be supporting you every step of the way," she smiled, "You're going to need a vocal coach!"

I smiled and hugged her again.

"If you don't mind my asking," I replied, letting go again, "why the sudden change of mind?"

Rosalie pulled me into her room and shut the door. Then she sat on the edge of her bed while I remained standing.