51

Previously...

Once on a day off, Bella pulled me aside and told me she had some ideas for another album.

"Really? Are you sure you're ready, though?" I asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she asked.

I felt the dark circles under her eyes, and she closed them. "That's why."

She took my hand off her face. "I'm fine, I swear, I am."

I didn't know what else to say, so I just nodded, frowning.

We talked with the band, and our families, and agreed to start on our second album soon.

~oOo~

-Jan. 2009-

A/N: Self-edited this week. I wanted to let out some chapters because I'm going away on vacation and doing summer classes, so I may not have all the free time to write.

Song used: "All I Wanted" by Paramore

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight, just mess with Stephenie Meyer's characters.

EPOV

We released our fifth and last single from our debut album, "The Sun Will Rise", but we didn't have time to make a video. Bella wasn't up for making a video, anyway.

Bella's wrist was healed, and we were working on our second album already.

Alice had begun recording her EP, while Rose asked me and Bella to record a video with her for her Youtube channel. She wanted to record a cover of "All I Wanted" by Paramore at her garage.

[Bold: Edward; Underlined: Rose; Italics: Bella; All: All]

Think of me when you're out

When you're out there

I'll beg you nice from my knees

And when the world treats you way too fairly

Well it's a shame I'm a dream

All I wanted was you

I think I'll pace my apartment a few times

And fall asleep on the couch

Wake up early, the black and white re-runs

That escape from my mouth, oh

All I wanted was you

I could follow you to the beginning

Just to relive the start

Maybe then we'd remember to slow down

At all of our favorite parts

I could see Bella crying through my peripheral vision, and she sniffled as she sung the next line. She lifted her arms in the air, and as the sleeves of her shirt fell down, I gasped at the red, angry stripes across her wrists.

All I wanted was you

After the last note was played, Bella ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Rose, with tears in her eyes, paced up to me, and slapped me across the face.

"OW! Jesus! What was that for!?" I asked, rubbing my cheek. Damn, that stung!

"This is your fault! This is all your fault! If you hadn't have waltzed your way into our lives, none of this would be happening!" she screamed.

"You're blaming me for what's happening?"

"Who else should I blame?! If you hadn't have had that friend of yours, Bella wouldn't be slitting her wrists right now!" she cried, and started pushing me. "Go find someone else to go hang out with! Go find someone else's life to destroy, I can't even stand to be near you, fucking jerkoff!"

"No, Rose, stop!" Bella hoarsely cried.

Rose and I looked to her, standing at the open door.

"Bella, please. You're hurt, I know that, but-" Rose started toward her youngest sister, but Bella pulled away."

"No, no, get off! You don't know! You don't know anything! You weren't there! You didn't see what he did to me! You didn't hear anything, you don't know! Edward was there, he knows!" she cried, and ran into my arms, sobbing.

I picked her up, bridal-style, and carried her to my Volvo. I helped her in, and her sobs turned into sniffles, once more. She slumped into the seat, and shivered. I reached behind me and grabbed a blanket from the backseat, and wrapped it around her.

As I started the engine, I took a look back at Rose at the garage. Her tear-stained, angry face told me all I needed to know, and I looked away as we drove off.

~oOo~

The car was eerily silent as I drove.

I looked at Bella, broken and heartbroken. Everytime I opened my mouth to say something, a tear fell from her face, and I'd shut my mouth again.

"Where do you want to go? Anywhere you want." I took her hand, and she squeezed back.

"Can we just go somewhere that's quiet? Someplace where we can be alone?" she asked.

I thought of the perfect place. "Yeah, sure."