22

A/N: Your guys' responses to my EPOV was great! I'm glad to know you guys liked how he felt, and your opinions on his thoughts. 

~oOo~ 

BPOV 

Alice, Rose and I devised a fool-proof plan to make Edward jealous at prom. I would call Jake and ask him to prom as "friends". Why as "friends", you ask? Because then Jake would want to take it as something more and act all flirty with me, and I would with him, thus making Edward crazy jealous and have him come clean about his feelings for me. I knew it was mean on my part because I was being as mean as Tanya, but I really wanted Edward. I had wanted him since we were 13, and I would never want anyone else. So if I had to flirt with his guy best friend in order to get Edward's attention, then so be it! 

Alice and Rose helped me pick out a sexy-but-subtle prom dress from my closet. It took almost a half-hour, and it would've taken a full one if I didn't remind them that I still had to call Jake to actually ask him. In the end, we all chose on a navy blue dress that had a sparkling clamp on the side to hold the long bottom up. It was the perfect combination of sweet and sexy, and I loved it. I wonder why I hadn't seen it before. 

"Mom put it in the closet in case something important came up," Rose explained quietly, "So, I guess that day is Friday." I smiled at her and gave her a hug. 

"Ok, so you go call Jake now before he goes to sleep, and we'll alternate the dress for your size, kay?" Alice chirped, wiping away her tears. I nodded and left my room, carrying my cell phone in one hand and Jake's number in the other. 

I slowly walked downstairs to the living room and sat on the couch. I took a deep breath, thinking over what I had to say, and typed in Jake's number. The phoneline rang once, twice, three times, and I was just about to hang up until I heard a groggy, gruff "Hello?" 

I gasped, "Hi, Jake?" 

"Who is this?" he asked. 

"Um, this is Bella, Edward's friend. He gave me your number?" Why was I saying this as the form of a question? 

"Oh, hi. What's up?" he yawned. 

"I'm so sorry to bother you at," I looked at the clock above me, "11 o'clock at night, but I was wondering...?" I asked in a sudden rush. 

"I'm sorry, what was that?" he asked, fully awake now. 

I gulped and tried again, slowly this time. "I was wondering if you would like to go to my prom with me." 

There was a short pause before he answered. "Oh, wow." He laughed. 

"I know it's really short notice. I mean, I'm sure Edward has told you about us performing there, and he already has a date, so I was wondering if you would like to go with me, as friends?" I babbled on. 

"Bella," he chuckled, "I'd love to." 

"Really? Wait, really?" 

"Yeah, it'll be fun." 

"Wait, so you and Tanya aren't..." 

"No." he answered shortly. 

"Ok. 'Cause, I've been hearing around that you...and her..." 

"No, we like to hang out, and we're friends, but no." 

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Ok. So, I'll call you tomorrow with the details on everything." 

"Yeah, sure, that's cool. And I'll save your number just in case I lose it," he laughed. 

I smiled. "Ok, and thanks again for agreeing to go with me." 

"As...friends." He said 'friends' cunningly, like he knew I didn't mean we would be going as friends. Excellent! 

"Right. Friends." 

~oOo~ 

A/N: Sorry this is so short. I have summer school tomorrow, and I don't really know when my next update will be. So if you don't hear from me for the next 4 weeks, that's why. And the picture of Bella's prom dress in on my profile. Thanks for reading! Reviews make me happy! 

Dani