31

A/N: Hey guys! Good news: I'm going to update on Saturdays now! My beta Demelza Llivell worked everything out, and we'll be updating on Saturdays now. Excitement! :) Read on, lovelies!

Disclaimer: You guys know I don't own anything Twilight. Come on! ;)

Previously... EPOV

I nodded, lifting an unconscious Bella off the floor and out of the gym with my brothers and her sisters. I heard the principal and chaperones calm everyone down and announce the end of prom, but at that point, I didn't care. I didn't even care about winning prom king. All I cared about was the broken, embarrassed girl in my arms, and I prayed to God that she would be okay.

BPOV

-2 hours later-

When I finally woke up, I felt like my body was hit by a million trucks.

I couldn't move, and my head was pounding.

I tried to sit up, but something was holding my head back. I looked up and saw Rose's blonde head laid next to mine. I touched my hand to her head, and she instantly sat up.

"Bella? You're awake!" she smiled.

"What happened to me?" I whispered. "Where am I?"

"You're back home," Alice's voice came about, and she appeared from the kitchen.

I looked around and saw that I was laying in the living room couch. My prom dress was still on, but my hair was a tattered mess, again. And judging by my sisters' faces, my face wasn't looking too good either. "What?" I asked.

"Um, you have something, here," Alice replied, touching her own cheek, implying me to touch my own. I did, and she pulled out a compact from her bag. I took it and I opened it to see a big, red smear across my left cheek. I gasped and couldn't breathe.

"Bella?"

Rose called me, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from the mirror.

"Bella..." She shook my shoulder, but I stayed quiet.

"Oh no," Alice came over the other side of me and took the mirror away from my hands. "Bella? Honey, can you hear me?" She swept my hair out of my face gently. "Baby sister..."

"Hang on, I'll go get the inhaler," Rose said in full mom mode, standing up and running to my room.

"Hey, Edward was here, just so you know," Alice whispered in my ear. "He was the one who carried you home, all the way home."

Hearing Edward's name made me breathe again. I turned to her. "He...he did?" I breathed out.

Alice smiled of relief. "Yeah, he did. He wanted to stay, but we kinda forced him out so that you wouldn't have to deal with him."

"Oh, so you saw him and Tanya "

"No, but we heard him shouting at her when we came out of the bathroom."

I nodded, and Rose came back down with my silver inhaler. "It's okay; I don't need it."

Rose looked tentatively at me. "You sure?"

I nodded, my head hurting with each bounce. "Mhm."

"Okay, well the guys asked us if we wanted to come over and have an afterparty, but if you don't want to go..." Alice replied.

"No, it's okay. You guys go on. I think I'll just stay here," I replied.

"You sure? We don't want you here alone after what happened tonight," Alice replied.

"No, I'll be good. I've learned my lesson; I'm never going near Jake again," I sighed. "I think I'll just take an aspirin and sleep."

Both girls shared a glance.

"Seriously, guys, go. I'm all partied out, so you guys go enjoy the rest of your night," I finalized.

Rose sighed deeply. "Okay, but if anything, I mean anything happens while we're gone, call or text us, 'kay?"

"Okay," I nodded.

-An hour later-

I was up, watching some show on TV in the living room. I had taken off my dress in exchange for a T-shirt and sweatpants and rolled up my hair into a messy ponytail when I heard a sharp knock on the door.

I jumped and turned off the TV. I waited another ten seconds before the knocking happened again.

"Bella! Open up! It's me!"

Oh, god. Jake. What was he doing here? How did he find me?

I shriveled up against the couch, hoping he couldn't see me.

"Bella, come on, please?" Jake's voice took on a pleading tone, and I almost felt sorry for him. But I didn't open the door because I didn't know what he was capable of doing. Maybe I should have called Rose...

"Bella, if you don't open this door, I'll knock it down, I swear I'll do it!" he yelled. He better not!

He jiggled the doorknob, and when that didn't work, he began knocking. Loudly. I covered my ears to try to suppress the noise, but that didn't work. Then, he began banging on the door.

"That's it," I said, angry now. I marched to the door and threw it open. "What do you want?" I screamed.

"Well, nice to see you, too." Jake towered me, trying to get inside. I tried to block him, but he swept right past me. I sighed, annoyed, and shut the door.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" I demanded, and I got a good look at him. His black hair was all over the place; his tie was undone; his dress shirt crumpled; and he traded his black dress shoes for black sneakers. He still smelled of alcohol, and I hoped he didn't drive himself over to get here.

"I came to apologize," Jake said, walking closer to me. I backed up. "Please, Bella. I'm sorry."

"Sorry," I rolled my eyes, "Sorry that you are not only kidding yourself by wanting to be with Tanya, but kidding Edward into trusting you as his best friend."

"You're his best friend, too, Bells," he crooned, touching my cheek.

I slapped it away, disgusted. "Yeah, but at least I'm not lying to him behind his back."

"Oh really? It'll break his little heart when he finds out that you knew about me and Tanya before he did," he taunted, shrugging. "He'll hate you for it. Maybe even throw you out of the band-"

"Shut up, okay!" I pushed him away. "You don't get to come into my house and disrespect me. You don't even know me."

"Oh, I know you. You lost your parents when you were fifteen. You started singing when you were five. Your favorite color is purple. And you've been in love my best friend since you were thirteen," Jake smiled knowingly.

"What? Are you stalking me now?" I crossed my arms.

He shrugged and came closer. "No, but I like you. And I think I'd be a much better man for you."

I scoffed and walked around him, but he grabbed my wrist roughly. "Hey," he grunted, "you will be mine one day."

I tugged my arm away, but his grip was too strong. "Let go of me," I said roughly. I tugged some more, but that just seemed to piss him off even more. He held me close, and I tried to wrestle out of his arms. He pushed me against the wall and began kissing me harshly. I whimpered, pushing and pulling him off, but failing miserably. "Jake! Stop! Jake!"

I felt his body get thrown away from me, and he grunted as he fell to the floor. I opened my eyes and saw Edward standing over him.

A/N: Oh boy! Edward saves the day again. :) Reviews are better than Edward saving you from a creep like Jake. ;)

Follow me on Twitter: dani_pitter