18

A/N: Heyy guys! It's Prom preparations! So I'll just stop talking and gushing and let you read on!

Disclaimer: I keep forgetting to do this thing! Sadly, I don't own Twilight, or its characters, SM does.

Ok, now I'm done talking!

~ooOOoo~

When Edward and I finally got downstairs, we saw the band equipment all set up and our band mates sitting in the living room with my sisters and Edward's brothers.

"Hey, you guys," I replied, surprised, "What are you doing here? Did you set all this up?" I gestured to the living room turned stage.

"I called Alice, and she let us in, " Kate explained, "We exchanged numbers, so everyone knows each other now."

"That's good," I smiled, "But why are you all here?"

"Hoping to at least write one song for prom, of course!" Sam grinned.

When he mentioned prom, I felt those nervous, jittery butterflies roam in my stomach again. I grabbed on Edward's arm, and he turned to me.

"What's wrong, Bella?" he asked, his voice low with worry.

I noticed where my hand was, and quickly took it off his arm. Rose and Alice immediately came across my way.

"Bella?" they both asked, and I felt bad for making them worry about me, like I was an invalid.

"I'm fine," I sighed, "Just nervous, I guess."

"Aw you don't have to be nervous, B!" Emmett said.

"Yeah, and if it helps, we're all kind of nervous in some way," Seth added.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I mean, we've been doing this for 6 years now, but we still get some kinds of nervous," Edward added in. I smiled at that because if these guys could get nervous and turn out awesome, then there was nothing I needed to worry about.

We all sat around the kitchen table, coming up with ideas as to what to write our first prom song about. Working with the guys and Kate was really fun, but we could get side-tracked on a random topic, like why the sky was blue, and where babies came from. Emmett's answer of the latter got us all dying when he tried to explain what happens in a woman's body.

"Wait, so you guys are saying is that those little eggs inside are not chicken eggs?" he asked, rubbing his chin.

"No!" Kate, Alice, Rosalie and I laughed.

"So wait then how-"

"Em, please! For the love of all that is holy, stop!" Edward laughed," I love you and your sometimes-stupidity, but please! We have work to do."

"What you mean sometimes-stupidity? I'm smart! Right, Rosie?" Em turned to Rose, who tried to look innocent by looking at her perfectly manicured nails.

"Um..." she trailed off.

"Anyway," I called in, saving her, "Should we just practice on piano or acoustic guitar and switch over to the band stuff later?"

"We usually do it on acoustics first then switch over later," Sam explained.

I nodded, "Oh, ok."

"I kind of have this melody that's been stuck in my head since yesterday," Edward replied.

"Dude really? We've had to listen to your brother chat on and on about babies, " Seth punched Emmett in the shoulder playfully. 

Emmett grinned and punched back, his adorable dimples peeking out.