104

Pei Li's idea of ​​sending Pei Xuan away coincides with Luo Zhen's suggestion.

In the current situation, keeping Pei Xuan in Haishi is just to provide Zhou Ruguang with a bargaining chip.

With such a big incident happening at home, Pei Yiyuan still doesn't know anything when he is abroad.

He was still teaching students when he received his sister's call.

The three brothers and sisters of the Pei family have been very close since childhood, and their love for Pei Xuan is also as expected.

Pei Yi didn't hide anything, she told about Zhou Ruguang's divorce and her ex-wife's keeping in the study.

As she guessed, her elder brother offered to return to China without any hesitation.

"Don't tell mom about this."

"I'll talk about it when I get back."

Compared with his younger siblings, Pei Yi's personality is the most mature.

Even at this moment, his voice is still calm.

"The students are still waiting for me in the classroom."

"I'll contact you after class later."

Pei Yi clutched her phone and gave a soft 'huh'.

This wait is a full four hours.

When the video call was connected, Pei Yi saw not only his sister, but also his brother.

In just a split second, he guessed that the matter at home was far more serious than he had imagined.

"Dad's ex-wife, didn't she die a long time ago?" Thinking about it

, he already knew that Zhou Ruguang had been married.

Pei Yi was taken aback when she heard the sound, but before she had time to ask, her brother's voice came again.

"Grandpa told me before he died."

"Dad—what the hell is going on?"

***

Pei Xuan wanted to go abroad to see her son, Zhou Ruguang naturally wouldn't stop her.

Only this time, he raised one more condition.

"Your elder brother has to go to class every day. Your mother went to his place. There is probably no one to accompany him during the day. Otherwise, ask your younger sister to go there with her."

This request is not too much.

In the past, Pei Li would only think that this was an expression of his father's concern for his mother.

But in reality, that's clearly not the case.

If I guessed right, the reason why Zhou Ruguang took Pei Yi away was to make the house empty—

just like every year in October.

He wanted to make Pei's family his own.

Thinking of the wheelchair in the utility room, Pei Li's palms were sweating unknowingly.

"That's good."

"Little sister's foot injury should be healed soon."

"It's more reassuring to have her by my mother's side."

Zhou Ruguang smiled satisfied when he heard this answer.

After coming out of the hospital, Pei Li didn't go back to the company, but drove the car back home.

Pei Xuan had lunch and was currently taking a nap in her room.

Pei Yi, on the other hand, chatted with the housekeeper, Kang Bo, in the garden.

Just as she guessed, the servants in the family can take turns to rest except for statutory holidays. Every October, when Pei Xuan and Pei Li go out for a trip, there will be another short vacation.

In Zhou Ruguang's words, it means that he is the only one in the family, and no one needs to be there all the time.

Who would say no to paid vacation?

Kang Bo is in his sixties and has worked in Pei's family for decades. I don't know why Pei Yi suddenly asked this.

"Miss San, is there any problem?"

"My wife knows about this, and she allows it."

Pei Yi shook her head and forced herself to smile.

"It's nothing, I'm just curious."

"Kangbo, it's okay, you can go to work."

The old and the young were talking, and Pei Li's car just came in through the gate.

Seeing her brother coming back, Pei Yi immediately greeted her.

The siblings entered the living room two by one.

Pei Li frowned, just looking at his appearance, he knew that there must be obstacles in sending Pei Xuan away.

"Second Brother, what did Dad say?"

Pei Li sighed, with a hint of helplessness on his face.

"Father agreed, but asked you to go with mom."

"I'll go with mom?" Pei Yi's lips were slightly loose, and a hint of puzzlement flashed in her eyes, and it took a few seconds for her to realize it. "Father wants to send us all away?"

Pei Li worked overtime all year round. If it wasn't for Pei Xuan, he probably wouldn't go home several times a month.

Once Pei Xuan goes abroad, he will definitely continue to sleep in the office.

The four people surnamed Pei are not there, and the Pei family is Zhou Ruguang's territory.

I'm afraid that the servants at home can have a holiday again.

Pei Yi's expression changed slightly, and she felt very uncomfortable.

Only then did she know why Pei Li had that expression when he returned home.

"My foot is hurt, it's okay."

"Since he doesn't want me to stay at home, I'll go with my mother."

"Second brother, we can end this after you get the ledger."

Pei Yi said Words, full of expectations, but so indifferent.

It could be heard that she was completely disappointed in Zhou Ruguang.

A good home has somehow become what it is now.

Pei Li looked at his sister's face and couldn't help asking.

"You and her, Ning Rou, your relationship is so good?"

Although they are related by blood, how many days will they really get along with each other?

Pei Li believes in the law and is willing to uphold justice and make the right choice.

But from an ethical point of view, he really couldn't understand what his sister did.

After all, Zhou Ruguang is their biological father.

Pei Yi lowered her eyes and remained silent for a long time before raising her head to give a reply.

"I did something wrong, I'm sorry for their family."

"What's more, my father didn't treat me very well."

"If he really regarded me as his daughter, he wouldn't have taken me to the Hypnosis, let alone force me to play the piano knowing that I am sick for my own benefit."

"No matter what consequences he will suffer in the future, he deserves it."

***

Pei Yi's return to China , no one knew about it except Pei Li and Pei Yi.

On the day Pei Xuan left, Zhou Ruguang personally went to the airport to see him off.

But he would never have imagined that the plane on which his wife and daughter boarded did not fly abroad at all.

Once Pei Xuan and Pei Yi left, only Zhou Ruguang and Pei Li remained in the Pei family.

In the name of work, Pei Li said that he would not go home to stay at night for the past week.

Zhou Ruguang responded calmly on the surface, and gave the servants at home the next day off.

Although Pei Li was in the company, he still heard about it from Kang Bo.

No need to think about it, I'm afraid the wheelchair in the utility room has also been taken out.

***

A total of five people participated in Zhou Ruguang's experimental project, three of them died, one became insane, and one disappeared.

Luo Zhen investigated the backgrounds of several people, and it didn't take long to find out which mental hospital the sick woman was currently in.

When Ning Rou escaped, the experiment was forced to stop, and the medical institution was also closed down a few years later, while the five researchers went to different cities.

The woman's name was Jian Xue. After leaving Haishi, she came to Fenghe County in the south to work in a small pharmacy.

In a small county, the salary is not high, but she soon bought her own house.

The days were good, but for some reason, suddenly one day she went crazy in the pharmacy and attacked the customers with a knife.

A good person is crazy if he says he is crazy.

Luo Zhen called Zheng Bang out of Yuan Township, and the two went to Fenghe County together, first went to Jian Xue's house, and then went to find the guest who was stabbed by her at that time.

"Oh, you're talking about that incident six years ago."

"That woman, like a lunatic, was standing at the counter. She didn't know why she was crazy, but she suddenly took out a knife from the drawer and stabbed me. I almost lost my soul."

"If there were no security guards patrolling the street at that time, I would probably be dead now." The

speaker was a woman in her fifties.

As soon as she finished speaking, she stretched out her right hand.

Sure enough, there was a half-inch-long scar on the inside of her forearm, which should have been left at that time.

Luo Zhen frowned, stared at the scar for a few times, and quickly realized something was wrong.

"You said, she suddenly went crazy and attacked people?"

"Yeah, she was talking to me one second, and she took out the knife the next second. She usually looks normal, but who knows that she has this disease. Fortunately, the hospital took her in. Otherwise, she would definitely be alive." It will hurt people."

Luo Zhen nodded and continued to ask.

"How did you solve this matter later?"

Speaking of this, the woman's tone was very puzzled.

"How can I solve it? It's not private."

"It's really strange to say that she works part-time in a pharmacy. She didn't expect her family to have a lot of savings, and she actually paid out 100,000 yuan in compensation in one go."

Luo Zhen didn't think it was strange .

Most of the money was hush money when they left the institution.

I just don't know what happened later, forcing the six companies to kill people to silence them.

When asked what he wanted to ask, Luo Zhen thanked the woman and left.

If you want to know what happened that year, of course you still have to go to Jian Xue herself.

Counting, she is thirty-eight years old this year.

She entered Zhou Ruguang's institution at the age of 24, and left at the age of 32. In the past six years, she also lived in a mental hospital for six full years.

This wounding case was very big at the time, not only the police were dispatched, but also the media reported it extensively.

The day after the incident, Jian Xue was sent to the mental hospital, and she never came out after that.

The nurses at the hospital were surprised to hear that someone had come to see her.

"Are you her friend?"

Luo Zhen nodded with a very natural expression.

"Yes, I'm her friend. Her mother has been ill recently, so she asked me to come and see her."

Jian Xue is the youngest daughter of the family. She has an older brother, but passed away four years ago.

As for her mother, she is sixty-five years old this year.

Perhaps because of her children, her health is getting worse.

Recently, she has been hospitalized every day, and she hasn't seen Jian Xue for a long time.

When the nurse heard what Luo Zhen said, she no longer doubted it.

"No wonder Ms. Jian's mother hasn't shown up for so long."

"Ms. Jian's mental state is still not very stable, and she still has the tendency to hurt others and violence, so she has not been arranged to be discharged from the hospital."

"You go to the yard and wait, I will Go tell her to come out."

It is said to be a mental hospital, but it is actually similar to an ordinary hospital.

The patients in the yard were all wearing hospital gowns, some were listening to music with headphones, some were playing chess, and some were singing and playing by themselves. It looked harmonious, like a small nursing home.

However, some of the patients are very young, and some may not yet be adults.

There was an empty bench in the yard, and Luo Zhen found a place to sit down. A few minutes later, a nurse came over with a short-haired woman.

A shadow fell in front of him, and the moment he looked up, Luo Zhen saw a calm and gentle face.

There was no aggression in the woman's eyes.

It's hard to imagine that such a person would do something to hurt someone with a knife.

Before Luo Zhen could speak, Jian Xue became irritable.

"She's not my friend, I want to go! I want to go!"

After finishing speaking, she reached out and grabbed the nurse's arm, dragging her away.

The mood of the mentally ill is always changing.

Luo Zhen stuck on his seat, not knowing how to react.

Fortunately, the nurse was very experienced, and she calmed down the woman with just one sentence.

"You really don't know her?"

"She said she went to the hospital to see your mother."

Jian Xue really cared about her mother, and when she heard what the nurse said, she immediately shut up.

As a mental patient, I have to say that her reaction is really fast.

"What's wrong with my mother?"

"Why did you go to the hospital again?"

She asked the nurse, but how did the nurse know what disease her mother had?

Luo Zhen stood up from his seat and walked towards Jian Xue.

"Auntie accidentally fell at home. Fortunately, she was found by her neighbors and she was sent to the hospital."

Jian Xue's expression changed slightly, and her eyes were a little confused.

"Who are you?"

"Why did you go to my house? Why did you come to me?"

It was obvious that she was very defensive.

While speaking, both hands were still tightly clutching the nurse's arm, refusing to let go no matter what.

Luo Zhen had already investigated Jian Xue's background. Hearing this question, she quickly responded.

"You are from Qingmen County, Haishan Province. We used to be in the same community. Then you went to Haishi to develop, and we lost contact."

"I also moved to Fenghe County recently, and I accidentally saw it for a few years. According to the previous news, I know you live here with your aunt, so I came to see you."

Although it was a nonsense, what Luo Zhen said was straightforward, not to mention that the nurse believed it, and Jian Xue herself also lightly said "Oh ' with a sound.

"Oh, I remembered, we know each other."

"We used to be neighbors."

Hearing her say this, the nurse finally felt relieved.

"Since we are friends, let's chat first."

Jian Xue was very dependent on the nurse and listened to her very much. Hearing these words, she let go of her hand and walked out from behind her.

In a blink of an eye, there were only two people left in front of the bench.

It was still Jian Xue who spoke first.

"Why did my mother fall down?"

She still cared about her mother.

Luo Zhen didn't hide anything, and told what he had heard.

"It's the nanny's problem. She bathed the auntie, but left early. The auntie was alone in the bathroom, and accidentally stepped on the water and fell."

"The nanny has been fired, and the housekeeping company has made compensation."

"Only It's a pity, what's the use of paying more money?"

"Auntie said, she really wants to see you."

Luo Zhen's words made Jian Xue's expression change.

She pursed her lips, but didn't speak any more. She seemed to be thinking.

Seeing this, Luo Zhen let go again.

"The doctor said that my aunt's illness needs to be recuperated. It's better to have someone to take care of

her ." I can't find anyone to help."

"At such an advanced age, it's really distressing to see."

These words had a great impact on Jian Xue.

"You are my friend, can you take me to see my mother?" A

very natural request, just as Luo Zhen expected.

But this matter is not so easy to do.

If a mental patient wants to be discharged from the hospital, the procedures are very cumbersome. With Jian Xue's current state, she will definitely not be able to meet the discharge requirements.

Luo Zhen shook his head with a very serious expression.

"Sorry, I can't take you out yet."

"However, I have another way for you to meet Auntie."

After that, she took out the tablet from her bag.

Not long after, a hospital bed appeared on the screen, and the person lying on the bed was Jian Xue's mother who was hospitalized.

The old lady had already woken up and was getting an injection on the bed. Jian Xue looked at the opposite camera shaking, and after ten seconds, her mother sat up from the bed.

Seeing this, Luo Zhen took the initiative to walk a little further away.

Only then did Jian Xue call out to the screen.

"Mom." The

old man's eyes immediately turned red.

Jian Xue was still cautious and full of precautions.

Before speaking, she did not forget to ask in a low voice if there was anyone else in the ward.

The mother and daughter chatted for a while, and quickly explained the matter clearly.

As Luo Zhen said, the old lady was indeed injured because the nanny left her post without authorization.

Jian Xue's voice was very low, and Luo Zhen was standing far away, so she couldn't hear anything clearly.

For some reason, she always felt that Jian Xue's behavior and expression were normal at the moment.

Normal enough - not at

all like a psychopath.

The author has something to say: Thanks to the little angels who voted for the overlord or irrigated the nutrient solution for me during 2021-10-16 00:02:43~2021-10-18 00:49:50~Thanks to the little angels who

voted for the grenade Little angel: 1 job number 5076;

thanks to the little angel who threw the mine: I don't know 2;

Thanks to the little angel who irrigates the nutrient solution: drink 77 bottles of hot water; 6 bottles of blue pineapple; 5 bottles of Shunfengshunshui 213, Yichaochao

. Will continue to work hard!