44

EPIB?

Luo Zhen was stunned for a moment, his two slender eyebrows were slightly twisted, and what was locked inside was full of confusion.

She had never heard these letters.

It sounds like shorthand for some complex drug.

Her heart was beating fast.

Even the hand held by Ning Rou trembled uncontrollably.

Feeling the tremor, Ning Rou quietly raised her head. Before she could ask, the tremor stopped immediately and disappeared instantly.

Everything is so normal.

The trembling under her palm just now seemed to be just her illusion.

About those medicines, Luo Zhen didn't continue to ask.

This timely questioning made her feel that Luo Zhen only asked her about the needle's eye out of curiosity.

Because as early as five years ago, Luo Zhen asked her this question more than once, but every time, she was perfunctory.

She actually wanted to say it too, but she couldn't.

Like tonight, that's fine.

She didn't reveal any information that would allow Luo Zhen to discover the truth, but she also answered Luo Zhen's confusion.

She thought that Luozhen would not pester her to ask her this again in the future.

It relaxes her.

Just when she thought the topic of exchanging secrets was over, Luozhen's fingertips gently stroked her arm.

"Does it hurt?"

The bodies of the two were very close, their upper bodies were almost touching each other, with only two thin pajamas in between.

When Luo Zhen spoke, there was a faint heat rising from the side of Ning Rou's neck.

She didn't want Luo Zhen to worry, so she wanted to shake her head subconsciously, but in the next second, Luo Zhen's five fingers bent, and the cold palm covered her forearm again.

The grip was a little tight, and she could feel the strength from Luo Zhen's fingers.

This is a silent hint, implying that she should not lie, implying that she should obediently tell the truth.

That's how she understood it, and she did it.

Instead of shaking his head, he nods first, then shakes his head.

She looked at Luo Zhen, under the hazy pale white moonlight, her eyes were still red, looking more and more clear, translucent and pure.

She wasn't lying.

"It hurt a little at first, but then it didn't hurt anymore." Once you

get used to the pain, you will ignore the pain.

Luo Zhen understands this truth.

Her heart is very chaotic.

This was the first time she touched Ning Rou's past, and she was shocked and terrified by knowing just a little bit.

She wanted to know more, but now was clearly not the time.

The arm under the palm was surprisingly thin, with almost no flesh to touch.

When the two first met, Ning Rou was very thin. After three years of marriage, she gained some weight.

After five years of separation, now, Ning Rou is even thinner than when they first met.

Her heart hurts a little.

Both for Ning Rou before she married herself, and for Ning Rou after she married her.

The atmosphere suddenly fell silent, and the two of them agreed tacitly not to continue this topic.

Luo Zhen stretched out his left hand, allowing Ning Rou to lift up his sleeve and apply medicine to his arm.

No one spoke, the room was silent.

Ning Rou lowered her head halfway, with some scattered hair on her cheeks, when Luo Zhen lowered her eyes, she could just see a white forehead and a slightly upturned nose.

Every place looks the way she likes it.

Thinking of those needle holes, her heart felt a little painful again.

Subconsciously, he spoke his mind.

"In the future, if you feel uncomfortable anywhere, you must tell me, don't carry it alone." The

room was very quiet.

Luo Zhen's voice was not loud, but Ning Rou could hear it clearly.

Her gaze still fell on the thin white arm under her palm, and the movement of her hand did not stop.

But the heartbeat was inexplicably faster.

She wanted to agree, but hesitated in her heart, struggled again and again, finally bit her lip, and nodded slightly.

"Yeah." A

very docile response, soft, like an obedient little sheep.

Luo Zhen's heart suddenly softened.

Her left arm was also healed within ten minutes.

Ning Rou's hands were covered with residual ointment.

The whole room is filled with a faint wood fruit fragrance.

Luo Zhen went down to the ground first, took Ning Rou's hand again, and led her to the bathroom.

The sound of turning on the light rang, and the light instantly dispelled the darkness.

Ning Rou subconsciously squinted her eyes, and when she opened her eyes, she and Luo Zhen were already standing side by side in front of the sink.

Through the mirror, she saw that Luo Zhen turned on the cold water, put her right hand under the water and rinsed it, then squeezed out a little green liquid from the hand sanitizer on the table, and frothed her hands completely, from the palm, From the back of the hand, from the fingertips to the crevices of the fingers, every skin and every corner is washed clean.

After the right hand is washed, it becomes the left hand.

Still the same action, repeated silently.

In less than three minutes, in the mirror, Ning Rou's face was completely red.

Luo Zhen, do you think of yourself as Baby Ning?

She couldn't help thinking that.

Before he could figure it out, another glamorous and moving face appeared in the mirror.

"Okay."

"I'll take you back to your room."

The same indifferent voice as always.

Ning Rou's face turned redder.

But Luo Zhen acted as if he didn't see it, took her hand and turned around, walked out of the bathroom, and led her out of the room.

The two held hands and walked one after the other.

After a few steps, I arrived at another room.

The moment Luo Zhen let go, Ning Rou suddenly felt a strong sense of loss.

Her hands were empty, and so was her heart.

She saw Luo Zhen take out the room card and stick it on the door, and the door of the room was opened.

She knew that she should go in, but she couldn't move her legs -

she was actually afraid of parting with Luo Zhen.

There was no one and no sound in the corridor.

Luo Zhen pushed the door open, and turned his body slightly to the side.

The implication is obvious, it is to let Ning Rou into the house to sleep.

Ning Rou understood, but still stood there without moving.

Her two hands were trembling slightly, and at a certain moment, she even wanted to hold Luozhen's hand again.

The longing and anticipation in her eyes are both suppressed and obvious.

Luo Zhen, who was standing by the door, could see it at a glance.

But she didn't say anything.

She now has more important things to do.

With a slight movement of the long arm, the door was pushed open further.

"It's late, go to rest."

Ning Rou didn't move, the corners of her eyes were flushed, and her soft lips were tightly pressed.

She just looked at Logan.

Ke Luozhen's expression remained unchanged.

Her expression became lost, wronged, and sad.

As if after a long battle, a few beads of sweat appeared on her forehead.

After more than ten seconds, she chose to admit defeat and also chose to give up.

She only nodded, bit her lip, and lay back on the bed again by the light of the corridor.

Baby Ning still slept soundly.

At this time, the door of the room was gently closed.

Logan quickly returned to his room.

Almost as soon as I entered the house, I took out my phone and started searching for what EPIB was.

Unfortunately, she couldn't find anything.

The entries about EPIB are all blocked without exception, and occasionally clicking on related webpages also shows that there is no access permission.

That's weird, what kind of medicine is this?

The more he couldn't find it, the more worried and uneasy Luo Zhen became.

She had no choice but to call Xiang Ting for help.

The woman on the other end of the phone obviously didn't sleep either, and within ten seconds, the call was connected.

"Miss Luo, it's so late, what's the matter?"

Xiang Ting was surprised.

She is Luozhen's personal doctor, and she communicates with Luozhen most about health issues.

Tonight, Luo Zhen asked her about the egg retrieval operation on WeChat, which already surprised her, but she felt even more inconceivable when she received Luo Zhen's call now.

"Doctor Xiang, have you ever heard of a medicine called EPIB? Do you know—what is this medicine used for?"

Luo Zhen's voice sounded calm, but there was something hidden in his tone anxious.

Through the mobile phone, Xiang Ting did not notice this subtle difference.

However, she had never heard of the name EPIB.

"EPIB? Wait a minute, I'll check."

Luo Zhen held the phone in his hand, and his face was nervous like never before.

She heard the sound of typing on the keyboard from Xiang Ting, and soon, she heard the answer she wanted.

"EPIB, the full name is Estrogen Potent Inhibitor Blocker, which translates to Estrogen Potent Inhibitor Blocker. This blocker not only strongly inhibits estrogen in the human body, but also promotes the production of androgen. The effect is very obvious, and the damage to the hormones in the human body is very serious. As early as 20 years ago, it was listed as a banned drug by the International Pharmaceutical Federation, and it must not be used on patients in clinical trials. At present, this drug is banned in China. It is higher in foreign countries, and all relevant entries are blocked."

Why was the banned drug twenty years ago used on Ning Rou?

Luo Zhen's mind was blank.

The cold air from the air conditioner was directly facing her back.

The temperature was very suitable, but she shivered.

It wasn't until Xiang Ting's voice came again that she regained some consciousness.

"Miss Luo, do you have anything else to ask?"

"Regarding EPIB, there is no domestic research and no experimental cases for the time being. The only information I can find is this." The

relevant cases are zero, which means that Ning Rou was injected with EPIB. carried out with the knowledge of the person.

Isn't this -

an illegal experiment?

Luo Zhen's lips were subconsciously pressed together.

A clear face was already pale.

For a long time, she didn't speak.

Just when Xiang Ting thought the phone was hung up, she finally let go of her lips, and gently asked the next question.

"Since it is a banned drug, is there a way for people in the country to get this drug?"

Xiang Ting was taken aback when she heard the sound, and it took a while before she responded.

"Of course."

"Although it is banned on the surface, it can still be circulated behind the scenes."

"It's just that money is not enough, and there must be a strong enough relationship."

The more he listened, Luo Zhen's headache became more painful.

After thanking the doctor, she hung up the phone.

Then, I stood in the cold air of the air conditioner for half an hour.

Her face was pale, and there was deep depression in her eyes.

The more she understands Ning Rou's past, the more powerless she feels.

Vaguely, she seemed to be able to guess why Ning Rou refused to tell herself the truth.

She felt sad and a little pained.

Thinking of Ning Rou's gentle and flat tone when talking about the eye of a needle, her heart couldn't help but ache a little.

When he came back to his senses, he had already reached the door of the next room.

Forty minutes have passed since Ning Rou was sent back to her room.

She knew that Ning Rou was definitely not asleep.

In Ning Rou's eyes, there is hidden resistance to separation and reluctance to her.

The throbbing caused by this kind of resistance and reluctance is enough to make people sleepless until dawn.

If it wasn't because she wanted to know what EPIB was too soon, she would have been lying on the same bed with Ning Rou at this moment.

Come now, is it too late?

It's never too late for someone who can't sleep.

Luo Zhen stretched out his hand and gently knocked on the door.

In the house, there was a sound of light footsteps soon.

Immediately afterwards, the door was opened from the inside.

Seeing that it was Luo Zhen who came, Ning Rou's eyes were full of surprise.

Her eyes are very bright, her expression is also very energetic, and she doesn't seem to be sleepy at all.

Obviously, Luo Zhen's guess was right again.

The two stood across the threshold, silent for a few seconds, and finally it was Luo Zhen who spoke first.

"I can't sleep."

If Ning Rou is ashamed to speak, then she is willing to be the one who takes the initiative, eating away at Ning Rou's love little by little, so that Ning Rou's sensitive and closed heart can be completely destroyed. Open up to yourself.

She is not afraid of slowness, she is only afraid that Ning Rou will not be able to keep up with her pace if she walks too fast.

Love is mutual.

If it was Ning Rou, she would like to stop and walk slowly.

The lights in the corridor are still on.

Luo Zhen was facing the light, with a slight chill on his body, a strong and gorgeous face, more beautiful in the shadows.

Ning Rou raised her head, with some confusion in her eyes.

Before he had time to ask, a soft pleading sounded in his ear.

"After taking the medicine, my arm still hurts."

"I think, without your help, I will lose sleep again tonight."

"So, can you?"

Help?

Ning Rou was stunned, and it took a while to realize what this sentence meant.

In just a second, her face was completely red.

The author has something to say: Mr. Luo: Qiuqiu, coax me to sleep (my wife wants to sleep with me, but she's too embarrassed to speak up, it's really difficult)

Thanks on 2021-08-22 16:27:30~2021-08-22 During the period of 19:50:18, the little angel who voted for the overlord vote or the irrigation nutrient solution for me~

Thanks to the little angel who voted for the rocket launcher: Qingqing 1;

thanks to the little angel who voted for the mine: a big happy, oh hehe , Try to become a muscular young lady, red bean milk, 50207121 1;

thanks to the little angel of irrigation nutrient solution: 13 bottles of Mengxin drive; 10 bottles of pigeon, 50909691, bibilili; 5 bottles of 71405891MR; 2 bottles of 21758063; , Hungry Meow, 1 bottle of nnnice;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!