There was a slight sense of disappointment in Pei Yi's eyes.

Like the firework left behind by a meteor falling to the ground, it is beautiful but full of regret.

The windows of the car were closed tightly.

The cold air from the air conditioner blows down from top to bottom, and a cool chill pervades the entire body.

Xu Xian's lips were half loose, and suddenly, she remembered the scene when the two met for the first time.

At that time, Pei Yi was wearing a white dress and sitting in the middle of the concert hall playing the piano, her whole body exuded a dazzling light, but now, she couldn't even control her own hands.

She couldn't help feeling sorry.

She wanted to comfort her, but she didn't know how to comfort her. In the end, she could only satisfy the other party's wish and shared the biggest good news these days.

Progesterone is still under research, so she can't disclose too much information, only that her experiment has made progress, and she has found a way to detect whether there is drug residue in the patient's body.

"Because there are no relevant clinical cases, no more major breakthroughs can be made at present."

More major breakthroughs?

Pei Yi's face was calm, but her heart beat faster.

"What will happen if there is a case?" The

casual tone is the least likely to arouse suspicion.

Xu Xian didn't think too much, and immediately gave an answer.

"If there are clinical data, it should not be long before the side effects of progesterone can be minimized or even completely eliminated."

It is indeed a major breakthrough.

Pei Yi's fingertips trembled slightly, thinking of the documents she secretly photographed in the study on the third floor, her breathing became a little messed up.

With Zhou Ruguang's character, in order to make the progesterone come out as soon as possible, sooner or later, he will hand over the case record to Xu Xian.

On the one hand, it is the teacher who is so kind to me and the countless fame and fortune; on the other hand, it is the basic conscience of being a human being and the ethics of being a doctor.

At that time, what will Xu Xian choose?

Pei Yi lowered her eyes and said nothing, her heart was tightly twisted.

What should she do?

She wanted to help Ning Rou, and also wanted to protect the Pei family.

But it seems that there is no way to have both.

Even she couldn't stop what Zhou Ruguang did secretly.

A sense of powerlessness came from the bottom of her heart, like a raging tide, completely submerging her.

Lost for a moment, she didn't even realize that her hands were shaking again, until Xu Xian's voice sounded from her ears, and she regained a little consciousness.

"Your hands are shaking so badly."

"I'll go to the hospital to get you some medicine later, is that okay?"

"I won't tell the teacher."

Concerned words full of worry, every word is so warm .

The smell of disinfectant was wafting in the air, Pei Yi nodded, and after a few seconds, she looked at the girl next to her again and asked the question she wanted to ask the most.

"If one day, Dad gave you a case record of progesterone and asked you to continue to help him complete the experiment, would you accept it?"

This 'if' is too illusory.

Xu Xian almost didn't think about it, and directly denied this possibility.

"It's against the law to use living people to do drug experiments."

"The teacher wouldn't do this kind of thing."

Like the Pei family, Xu Xian trusted Zhou Ruguang so much.

Pei Yi's face turned pale, and she had to clenched the corners of her clothes tightly with her five fingers to keep her hands from shaking so badly.

"So, will you accept it?"

She still pressed.

Xu Xian frowned, and finally began to think about this question.

It was impossible for her not to be entangled.

It has nothing to do with fame, wealth and money, but only because of the teacher-student relationship with Zhou Ruguang who has known each other for several years.

As time passed, her expression gradually became serious.

I don't know how long it has passed, until Pei Yi's palms were wet with sweat, she finally shook her head and expressed her attitude.

"No."

***

In the blink of an eye, it was Sunday.

Baby Ning also ushered in her first vacation with her mother and aunt.

Because Ning Rou guarded the shop all day yesterday, the master specially gave her an afternoon off today.

That way, there's a whole day of fun.

The original plan to go to Central Street was also changed to go to the city.

Before eight o'clock in the morning, Luo Zhen and Ning Rou went out with Baby Ning.

The car stopped on the side of the road, and the three got into the car one after another.

Still a child sits in the middle, and two adults sit next to each other.

In late August, the temperature in Yuanxiang did not drop at all.

When Baby Ning went out, she wore a round flowered hat on her head. Now that she got into the car, she took off the hat by herself without the help of the two elders.

"Mom, where are we going?"

Ning Rou chuckled at the sound, stretched out her hand to straighten her daughter's bangs, and spoke in a light and joyful tone.

"Go to the city."

Ning Baobao has grown up so much that he has never been out of Yuanxiang.

Although she has never been to the city, she has also heard from the children in the kindergarten that there are not only playgrounds in the city, but also a zoo, which is fun and lively.

After all, it is a child, and it is a kind of nature to love to play.

Thinking of the students' descriptions of the playground and the zoo, Baby Ning's eyes lit up a little.

She also wants to take a look at these two places to see if there are carousel horses that appear in cartoons in the playground, and whether there are elephants and giraffes in textbooks in the zoo.

She wanted to share this yearning for joy with her mother, but her naturally sensitive personality made her realize that this kind of sharing was actually an invisible burden for her mother before she made a sound.

She didn't want to ask her mother, so she didn't make a sound, but all the changes in her expression fell into Luo Zhen's eyes.

"Well, let's go to the city."

"I'll take you to cut your hair first, and then go to change a new bed for the family."

"After finishing these, I will take you and mother to the hospital for physical examination and ear treatment."

"As for the afternoon , besides going to the playground, I'm planning to go to the zoo again." The

cold and soft female voice sounded from behind unexpectedly.

Ning Baobao was stunned for a moment before she came back to her senses—the

aunt said that she would go to the playground first in the afternoon and then go to the zoo.

A minute ago, she didn't even dare to mention the wish, but a minute later, it suddenly came true.

She still couldn't believe her ears.

After a few seconds, I carefully confirmed with Ning Rou.

"Mom, is that so?"

"Is it really possible to go to the playground and the zoo?"

Luo Zhen said that it was the play plan that the two of them made last night.

Ning Rou nodded, with a slight smile on her lips, she quickly replied.

"Well, you can go."

There are two small flower clips pinned to Ning Baobao's hair, making her more tender and delicate against her small face.

Her eyes are round and bright, and they are fully opened at this moment, like two round apricots, which look very cute.

Ning Rou looked at it and also felt happy.

"Auntie, let's go with us."

Hearing these words, Baby Ning finally felt relieved, and smiled with pursed lips.

Mom never lied to her.

This afternoon, I can really go to the playground and the zoo.

And, still with my aunt.

Just thinking of the scene where she was walking between her aunt and mother, holding her aunt with her left hand and mother with her right hand, made her heart feel happy.

Children are always easy to please.

Even when she was so happy, Baby Ning did not forget to express her gratitude.

"Thank you mom, thank you aunt."

After being happy, she remembered the promise she made to Luo Zhen back then.

She raised her head, smiled at Ning Rou, and whispered a reminder.

"Mom forgot one more thing. We promised to take my aunt to eat ice cream."

She is polite and grateful.

This is Mu Yingying, Zhong Xing's face is not gambling

, Ning Rou's expression is slightly startled, and she also bent her lips after realizing it.

"Sorry, Mom really forgot about this, thank you for reminding Mom."

"Then after you finish cutting your hair, we can take Auntie to the shop for ice cream, shall we?"

The gentle discussion tone did not treat Baby Ning like a child at all.

Listening to the conversation between the two, Luo Zhen vaguely seemed to understand why Ning Rou taught her daughter so well.

She was immersed in this warm scene, and her thoughts drifted away unconsciously.

It wasn't until he heard Baby Ning's call that his consciousness was brought back to reality.

"Auntie, mother said to eat ice cream after the haircut, is that okay?"

It was just an ordinary inquiry, but it filled Luo Zhen's heart in an instant.

How could she not agree?

Being able to stay with Ning and Ning baby makes me happy in everything I do.

***

Although it is cutting hair for children, it takes a lot of time.

During the waiting moment, Ning Rou was also led by Luo Zhen to the front of Teacher Tony.

"It's rare to come here once."

"Your bangs have grown too."

"Let the master cut some for you, huh?"

Luo Zhen's voice was too gentle.

There are not many customers in the store, but there are more than a dozen employees.

With so many ears listening, Ning Rou's face turned red unconsciously.

Before she could respond, there was another touching soft word in her ears, which seemed to be coquettish, and made her forget all the principles in an instant.

"Rou Rou, I want to see—"

Luo Zhen said that she wanted to see her appearance after cutting her hair, and she couldn't refuse at all.

Ben was just taking Ning Baobao to have a haircut. In the end, she also sat in front of the mirror.

It took about forty minutes for the big and small to finish cutting their hair.

Ning Baobao cut her shoulder-length short hair, and her bangs were just long enough to cover her eyebrows, making her look more cute and cute.

As for Ning Rou, the bangs in front of her forehead were thinned out, and two strands of sideburns appeared on her cheeks, making her face look smaller. The ends of her long hair were trimmed evenly, and when her hair fell loose, she couldn't see it at all at first glance. Is the mother of a four-year-old child.

Luo Zhen sat on the sofa, looking at the mirror from afar, the more he looked, the more satisfied he became.

When Ning Rou came in front of her with her daughter in her arms, she let out a compliment without even thinking about it.

"Looking good." I

don't know if I'm talking about a child or an adult.

In short, Ning Rou's face turned red again.

The three of them left the barber shop, and it was almost half past ten.

This street is a commercial street, and next door to the barber shop is a milk tea shop, which happens to sell ice cream.

Baby Ning couldn't eat ice, so Ning Rou ordered a cup of milk tea with less sugar for her to drink.

As for herself and Luo Zhen, they ordered a big bowl of ice cream.

Because it was Sunday, there were a lot of customers in the milk tea shop, and most of them were students who went shopping.

Some of them were wearing high school uniforms, estimated to be only fifteen or sixteen years old, and they were full of youthful vigor while talking and laughing.

Affected by the lively atmosphere, Ning Rou couldn't help but smile.

She held the spoon in her hand, and the ice cream on it had all melted into milky white sugar water, which smelled sweet.

This was the first bite, she didn't eat it, but fed it to Baby Ning.

"Is it delicious?"

Baby Ning nodded obediently, and smacked her lips after eating, her lips were stained with white. Ning Rou couldn't help laughing when she saw it, and immediately took out a tissue to wipe it off for her daughter.

Luo Zhen saw this scene in his eyes, his heart softened, and he scooped up half a scoop of ice cream, and brought it to Ning Rou's lips.

This is her first bite.

She is also willing to give it to Ning Rou.

"You eat too."

The author has something to say: Thanks to the little angels who voted for me during 2021-09-17 22:37:14~2021-09-18 22:28:49 ~

Thanks to the little angel who threw the rocket launcher: Shen Ci 2; thanks

to the little angel who threw the mine: Ye Qing 2; Angel: 185 bottles of my

own heart; 39 bottles of CITOU; 24 bottles of ink dyed book white; 5 bottles of Zhouyue; 4 bottles of Oh Ha Yo Hyom;