12

Luo Fanxing's heart was beating fast, and as soon as his hands lost strength, the red ballpoint pen rolled down from his fingertips and circled the textbook twice.

She hadn't recovered from the news of Pei Yi's return when another brisk and joyful voice came from her ear.

"Sister Fanxing, I will leave this matter to you. By the way, come back with Luo Zhen. Pei Yi also brought you a gift."

It could be heard that Jian Zining was in a very good mood.

Pei Yi is twenty-four this year, and she is the youngest among the five. Because she has learned various musical instruments since she was a child, she has an elegant and gentle temperament, and a quiet and gentle personality. Like a protected sister character.

My childhood friend, whom I haven't seen for nine years.

Except for Luo Zhen, the three people were all happy for Pei Yi's return.

Thinking about it, they didn't know that she liked Luo Zhen back then.

Luo Fanxing didn't expect Pei Yi to still remember herself, she was stunned for a while before thanking her softly.

After the matter was finished, the two exchanged a few more pleasantries, and the content of the conversation was still about Luo Zhen.

After hanging up the phone, it was already four o'clock in the afternoon.

Thinking of the conversation with Ning Rou at noon, Luo Fanxing always felt uneasy.

There is no doubt about Pei Yi's excellence -

she started learning to play the piano at the age of three, and won the gold medal in the children's group and the youth group of the most important Heart Sound Piano Competition in China at the age of eight and the gold medal in the youth group at the age of 15. One of the world's top music colleges, and now he is the youngest pianist recognized internationally.

If she hadn't let go of the relationship back then and continued to pursue Luo Zhen after returning to China, I'm afraid that at that time, even if Ning Rou wanted to go back to Haishi with Luo Zhen, she would have no chance.

After all, compared to her, Ning Rou is far too ordinary and inferior.

At the entrance of Xiangchaxuan, the black car still did not leave.

Luo Zhen sat in the back seat, his cheeks were pale, his eyes were half-closed, his slightly curly long hair was casually scattered on his shoulders, and there was an unconcealable look of weariness between his brows.

The temperature in the car was not too low, only twenty-seven degrees, and the cold wind mixed with the heat coming in from the window cracks made her feel drowsy.

Her body was a little crooked, her head was tilted slightly, and her pupils were cold and cold. She looked at the morning tea shop on the side of the road through the gap in the car window, staring at the woman who made her read for five years and couldn't let go.

As dinner time approached, the number of customers in the store gradually increased.

Ning Rou's hearing loss in her right ear was severe, and she was unable to take charge of ordering and delivering food. The only thing she could do was to clean up the table after eating.

Very simple, but also very hard physical work.

First, pour the leftovers into the swill bucket, then stack the dishes and send them to the back kitchen, and finally wipe off the oil stains on the table with a rag, put a clean tablecloth on it, and put a new set of tableware , the work is done.

Her body is very thin, her wrists are also very thin, her arms obviously don't have much strength, but when she lifts the slop bucket, her movements are unexpectedly clean and neat.

So skilled.

Luo Zhen saw this scene in his eyes, and his heart felt sore and painful. Before he could react, his five fingers unconsciously squeezed hard, allowing the round and thin nails to dig into the flesh.

It's been five years, nothing has changed at all, always so stupid that it makes people feel distressed, obviously so tired that I can't even stand up straight, but I don't know how to go to the corner to take a lazy rest for a while.

Is it so short of money?

In order to make money, he consumed his body unrestrainedly, even his life.

Luo Zhen pursed her lips, her throat was so dry that it hurt, there was no expression on her beautiful face, only the unceasing anger and pain in her eyes revealed her true emotions at this time.

In her life, she has never had such a strong hatred——

She hated that unknown man who took Ning Rou away from her, but did not let Ning Rou live a life of food, clothing and prosperity.

The atmosphere suddenly became a little cold and gloomy.

The man in the driver's seat put down his phone and quietly raised his head.

In the rearview mirror in the center of the car, a pair of slightly red eyes were reflected. It could be seen that the employer was in a very bad mood at the moment.

The man's name is Zheng Bang, and he is a private detective. He rushed over from other places as soon as he received the order at hand last night.

It has been almost five hours since the identity of the subject of the investigation was confirmed. During this period, he did not get out of the car, but he also found a lot of information with the help of his assistant.

Looking at the woman's icy face in the mirror, he felt a little apprehensive, hesitated for a long time, then loosened his lips, and said everything he knew.

"Miss Luo, we have checked Ms. Ning's life trajectory in the past five years according to your request."

"The information shows that Ms. Ning arrived in Yuanxiang on June 10 five years ago. It is strange that we investigated that The travel information of all large vehicles, including airplanes, did not find her identity registration record."

"Ms. Ning did not settle down immediately after she came here, but lived in Huaisang Village under Yuanxiang County for a whole year. One year, during this period, she gave birth to a daughter."

"We checked the birth records of all regular hospitals in Yuanxiang, but we also found no information about her hospitalization. If I guessed right, she didn't go to the hospital at that time. Giving birth."

"In addition, the household registration information about her daughter is also missing. At present, the only known name is Ning Baobao, who suffers from congenital arrhythmia and heart disease. The registration information of the kindergarten shows that this child is very likely to have not yet Register."

"As for her specific work information, interpersonal relationship, and change of residence in the past five years, it may take some time." The

man's voice was deep and calm, but it was like a boulder falling from the sky, hitting Luo Zhenxin unexpectedly—

After Ning Rou became pregnant, she lived alone in the countryside for a year. She didn't even go to a regular hospital when she gave birth, and she didn't even register her child's household registration.

Just how bad and heartless is that man?

Luozhen's ears kept buzzing, and when he opened his eyes again, his eye sockets were already a little red.

The air conditioner in front of the seat is directly facing the wrist, and the continuous cold wind brings a penetrating coolness.

Xu felt cold, so she took a light breath, the collarbone under the shirt trembled slightly with the rise and fall of her chest, and her heart felt instantly chilled.

She could hardly imagine how Ning Rou spent those ten months of pregnancy.

In the tea restaurant, the woman is still busy.

One table was cleared and immediately another was waiting to be cleared.

How to finish it?

There are more and more leftovers in the slop bucket, and she can hardly lift them up. When she walks, her steps are unusually slow, and her back is trembling. Even if her arms are hidden in the loose overalls, she can still see them. Came out trembling.

Every step was so difficult, as if the burden of life was on her shoulders, although it was so heavy, it never crushed her.

A single mother who knows nothing and doesn't even know a word, with a sick four-year-old daughter who doesn't even have a household registration.

If you don't do it, where will you have the money to eat and pay the rent?

If you don't do it, where can you get money to send your daughter to school for medical treatment?

Working two jobs a day, is it really because Ning Rou doesn't want to take care of her body?

She just had to.

All the difficulties and embarrassments seemed to have an explanation at this moment.

Luo Zhen didn't dare to look any more, and looked back with red eyes.

Inexplicably, my nose felt a little sore.

When speaking, his emotions could not be calmly controlled, so that his voice was full of strong hatred that could not be concealed.

"Who is that man?"

Man?

Zheng Bang was stunned for a moment, and it took half a minute to react.

"You mean, the child's father?"

"According to the available information, Ms. Ning has been single for the past five years and has no ambiguous relationship with the opposite sex around her. It is not ruled out that her daughter was conceived in Huaisang Village. At present, this is just speculation, more accurate and detailed information will take time to investigate."

Hearing this, Luo Zhen lowered his eyes, unconsciously pursed his lips even tighter, and his expression was frighteningly cold.

She thought, no matter who this man is, he'd better be dead, if he's not dead -

she will never let him have a good life for the rest of his life.

The resentment in her heart was so strong that she lost her mind.

When her thoughts cleared up, Ning Rou just opened the door and walked out of the shop.

Off duty means no more stuffy uniforms.

Ning Rou hugged the clothes in her bosom, her two slender white arms were exposed outside, she looked much thinner, her head was always slightly lowered when walking.

Her hair looks very thin and soft, not too long. When tied up, it just hangs down to her shoulders. When the wind blows, the broken hair on the side of her cheeks will flutter gently. When the sun shines, it will match the skin on her face. Getting whiter.

It is impossible not to be tired after working for so long.

After only walking a few steps, she stopped and wiped the hot sweat from her forehead with her hand, as if she was resting.

Luo Zhen felt uncomfortable looking at it, but still lowered the window a little.

Zheng Bang could see such obvious concern and concern.

Seeing Ning Rou pushing the bicycle onto the road, he took the initiative to ask.

"Ms. Ning is gone, do you want to follow?"

Luo Zhen frowned, looking extremely bored, and nodded quickly.

In fact, if she doesn't follow, she also knows where Ning Rou is going.

It's already half past five, which happens to be the time for kindergarten to leave school.

After Ning Rou got off work, the first thing she did was to pick up her daughter.

Thinking of Ning Baobao's white and soft face, her heart felt inexplicably irritable.

She hated that man, but she couldn't bear to hate Ning Rou.

Now even the child can't hate it.

She couldn't tell what it was like, her heart was still hurting, but she was still addicted to it as if she had been poisoned.

Actually, what's so good about Ning Rou?

She couldn't say it, but just thinking of the name was enough to make her feel nostalgic and satisfied.

In the first nineteen years of her life, she never spent a single day in the agony of self-doubt, especially after Su Zhihan's death and Luo Zhenting forcing her to marry, she was repeatedly abandoned by her parents. More like a shadow.

The appearance of Ning Rou, like a ray of light, and like a ball of fire, along with the wind and air, sneaked into her heart silently, occupying all her thoughts.

Will the only woman in this world who brings her warmth and lets her taste the taste of home really do something to betray her?

When they met five years later, Ning Rou was still the gentle and strong Ning Rou who worked hard and conscientiously in everything she remembered.

Will such a woman really abandon her lover who has lived with her for three years for a man she has not known for a long time?

Luo Zhen didn't want to believe it.

Ning Rou rides very slowly.

Zheng Bang was afraid of being discovered, so he had no choice but to stop for a while and start again.

It took more than 20 minutes to get to the kindergarten after dawdling all the way.

It was almost six o'clock, and all the children in the garden were picked up by their parents.

Under the dim light of the setting sun, only Ning Baobao stood alone inside the iron gate, obediently and exceptionally quiet.

Luo Zhen watched Ning Rou gently carry the child down from the stairs and put him into the baby seat in the back seat of the car, and his heart couldn't help but start to turn sour.

There are more children on the bicycle, and the bicycle will be slower.

Cars are too fast to track.

Luo Zhen got out of the car, and walked slowly along the long street at the back after a certain distance, neither daring to speak, nor daring to disturb her.

Thinking of the broken brake, she was a little worried again.

Before her brows could relax, as expected, something bad happened.

At some point, Ning Rou parked the car on the side of the road, and Baby Ning was also carried down.

It's just that it's not the brakes that are broken this time, but the chains.

The sun has already set, but the temperature has not dropped at all, and there is still raging heat everywhere.

Ning Rou squatted on the side of the road and tried to fix it, but she couldn't do it well.

There is still some distance from home, and her face and neck are covered with hot sweat because of her anxiety.

Baby Ning stood obediently by the side of the road with a small schoolbag on his back, a cute floral hat on his little head, a thin layer of sweat was already dripping from his arms, but he was still quiet and didn't cry One sentence.

Ten minutes passed, and the chain was still loose.

Ning Rou's back was vaguely wet with sweat, her hands became black and dirty, and her hair fell loose.

Luo Zhen was angry and distressed watching from behind, for a while he looked at Ning Rou who was squatting on the ground and was seriously repairing the car, and for a while he looked at Ning Baobao who was standing next to him, unknowingly, a pain surged in his heart.

She didn't dare to think about how much Ning Rou had suffered in the past five years.

Without tools, the car is not repaired in the end.

Ning Rou pushed the cart with one hand, and took Ning Baobao with the other. The mother and daughter walked home step by step in the light and shadow of the evening.

And Luo Zhen also followed the whole way.

In the hotel, Luo Fanxing was still worried about Pei Yi's return to China.

She wanted to tell Luo Zhen about this matter immediately, but she still didn't wait until ten o'clock in the evening.

Just when she thought that Luo Zhen would not come back, there was a knock on the door.

It's twelve o'clock.

It's so late, who will come to find me?

Luo Fanxing turned on the light, and looked out of the door mirror in her pajamas, her eyes lit up instantly.

It was Luo Zhen!

She opened the door, and before she could say anything about Pei Yi's return to China, someone stuffed a thin bank card into her hand.

Everything happened so fast that she didn't have time to react.

When she looked up, what she saw was a pair of black pupils with a little chagrin and arrogance.

Cold and sharp, full of delicate and gentle care.

Luo Fanxing had never seen such a vivid and real Luo Zhen, she was stunned for a moment, but before she could recover, a cold and strong female voice sounded in her ears.

"You take this card and go buy her a new bicycle."

"...Don't say it's me."