you give me the shivers

"Oh turn up the volume" Soph says as she enters the living room with a nice plate of tapas that she has quickly made for us. 

"Its Friday again... then Saturday, Sunday... what" the song plays throughout the apartment. 

The play we were supposed to see got rescheduled because of sickness in the ensemble so we agreed to go back to their place and have a girls night instead. We have the apartment for ourselves all night as Aiden is out with the boys because of the sports conference in the city this week. There are so many dinners, events, and parties to attend, the whole city is hyped it feels like.

S: Hey we said no work tonight

J: I promise. Just one last email. It can't wait tomorrow I swear. And since I rather socialize with you tonight then at a fancy party my company is throwing, I know you'll let this one slide

S: Just one. And then work phone off – she sits down on the other end of the couch and bossies me then grabs her own phone I guess until I finish up

The annual sports conference in Boston is for anyone working in any shape or form with anything related to sports, which include myself, Aiden, Hero, Matt, Finn and Alan (Aidens college buddies and best friends). I traveled here on Wednesday night and attended the event Thursday and today, together with Hero. I am staying at his place, so it was only natural that we drove together to the event as well. We had different interests and obligations at the conference but, saw each other a few times during the day, as I did my brother and the rest. I loved living the domestic life with him without it being too much. I think it helps that we only do it on the weekends while the rest of the week we have our own lives with each our work, careers, social calendar etc.

S: Hey, how was Atlanta with Hero? Have you told me about that?

J: I don't know – I am still in my phone as I am finishing the email

S: So, tell me all? How was it? Was that two weeks ago?

J: Just a sec – I write the last sentence on the email and sign before pressing send and put the phone down to give Soph my full attention

J: Yeah, it was great. We attended the banquet for the former players, it was all fancy and beautiful. You saw the picture with that dress, everyone was dressed like that and more. Ehm... we went out dancing one night with the others and their wives and girlfriends, they played charity games, I watched from the stands, we had dinners. It was fun.

S: So, things are good with the two of you?

J: Yeah... things are... ever since Atlanta actually, everything has been afraid to sound too cliche but, kinda perfect. He doesn't push it, neither do I and it suits us. But when we do see each other its perfect. As I don't think I would have time for a regular everyday relationship right now, so the weekend perfects are top.

S: Its a very adult, modern relationship I feel – she teases lovingly

J: I know – I smile

S: Well cheers to you - and we cling our glasses of Cava before drinking

As we are putting the glasses back on the table, the boys stumble in, one by one. Aiden, Hero, Matt, Alan and Finn.

A: Heey what are you girls doing here? I thought you were at the theatre.

S: We were. It got cancelled so we're having a girl's night instead.

J: What are you doing here? Weren't you going to a party?

A: We stopped by two parties, got bored at both so decided to come here and play poker. Peace and quiet

J: Oldie – I teased him