Comfort

Anthony stayed outside his brothers room.

The anesthesia didn't work on Kurai, so all Anthony heard was screams of pain.

His wife was on her way, and he was nervous. He stared at the ground as the other avengers showed up.

Mina and Aoife watched him worryingly.

Anthony was holding his head and was barely holding it together. Mina didn't know what to say to him.

Aoife walked over to him and knelt down in front of him. He glanced at her slightly. She simply wrapped her arms around him and squeezed gently. He hugged her back and fell into sobs.

He knew she couldn't hear him express his frustrations. But he knew should could feel his anger and sadness.

His brothers screams of pain echoed in his mind. It made him think back to when he was so much younger.

A memory of seeing Kurai come back to their room with bruises and bandages on his arms.
He was too young to know at the time but he knew that they were in a bad situation. But, his brother would smile and play with him every time.

Kana came rushing in. "Anthony!" She said as Aoife backed up. Kana pulled him into a hug and teared up.

"Thank God you're okay!" She says teary eyed. She was going to say something when she heard her husband cry out in pain. Anthony hugged her tightly. "We can't see him yet..."

Kana teared up and nodded as she hugged him back.

Hours went by and then the nurse came out of the room. "You may see him." She said. Kana got up in a flash and ran into the room as  Anthony followed behind her.

"Honey!" She said as tears welled up in her eyes. He was hooked up to machines all over. Oxygen, IV, monitors, machines etc.

He looked at her weakly. "Kana..." he mumbled weakly. She held his hand and kissed the top of his head. She saw the burns and teared up.

"Who hurt you..." she said as calmly as she could.

"Wanda..." he mumbled weakly. She teared up and rubbed his cheek. He leaned further into her touch.

Anthony stepped forward and saw his brother. He thought his brother was the strongest person in the world to him.

Seeing him like this broke him.

His brother was always the first one up to fight. He was the first one he remembered from his childhood. Hell... Kurai was the first one to comfort him while he had to watched Kylo die in front of him.

"W-where's Anthony..." Kurai mumbled quietly. Kana motioned Anthony over. He slowly walked over, he was scared.

He looked at his brother as Kurai looked at him. Kurai tried to sit up, but winced and cringed in pain.

Anthony stared with tears in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry..." he stepped back. Kana tried to comfort him but Anthony ran out of the room, and down the hospital hallway.

The mistakes he's made. He doesn't understand.

He's lost Kylo.

His brother is permanently injured.

Wanda has Kurais magic.

He was losing.

He teleported to his room and fell to floor. He cried out in anger and pain. He didn't understand.

He felt as if Wanda was in his head taunting him on his failures. It felt as if she was hunting him all the time. He couldn't breathe.

He was always looking over his shoulder.

His fear was holding him back, and he would always be afraid of her no matter how hard he tried not to. Its hard not to be afraid of someone who has turned your life upside down.

He stared at the ground and just thought...

What if he disappeared?

It would end all the problems for everyone here... he looked at his hands and made magic flow from them.

He stared at them blankly when he placed his hand against his heart and started to make magic flow through it.

It struggle to breathe until someone rushed into the room and grabbed his hand and stopped him. "ANTHONY!"

He snapped back and looked up.

Natasha.

"Natasha... let me go."

"No! I'm not going to let you end things here... what happened wasn't your fault. Everything has happened because of Wanda..." she said keeping her grip tight on his wrist. She kept an eye on him, refusing to back down.

"What makes you think you can stop me..." he said. "If I die, everyone will be safer!" He started to yell as he teared up.

She started to tear up alongside him.

"No! If you die, we lose you. We would are less about the world, but if I lose my best friend, and my comrade, that would hurt more then seeing Wanda destroy this world..." she said as she gripped his wrist tighter as his magic started to burn him.

"...s-so I will stay here forever until you stop..." she said.

He looked at her and stopped his magic. She watched him closely. He just looked down and cried out in pain. She knew this pain .

She knew it too well. She just wrapped her arms around him and hugged him close. Comfort.

Something he needed, it felt he didn't have in a long time.

"Anthony... I'm not here to try and fix every problem in your life, I'm just here to tell you that you're not the problem. You've never EVER been the problem. You have been the solution." She said gently as she rubbed his back.

He just stayed as close as he could to her.

"You truly are the strongest out of us all, Anthony." She said fondly. "So... in this moment, let down your walls and let one of your friends care for you." She said.

He nodded And continued to cry. He was feeling everything all at once. His heart hurt but he knew that now he was taking the right step to be here.

And to accept that he wasn't the problem.

But the solution.