Girls

Stephen woke up the next morning on the couch. He felt someone against him.

He looked and saw Christine. She looked as if she had been crying in her sleep.

He sighed carefully and picked her up and took her to her room. He laid her down gently and covered her with a blanket.

"I know you miss him..." he said quietly. He looked at her and then gently planted a kiss to her forehead before stepping out of the room.

He turned and saw all of the young avengers standing there looking at him. Natasha and Mina looked as if they had been crying.

"Where's Anthony?" Aoife signed to him.

He sighed and sighed as he spoke. "He... he's gone. He needed to figure out what was next for him. I didn't want to force him to stay here when he was unhappy."

Natasha wiped her eyes. "We miss him..." she said. Stephen was trying his hardest not to get emotional.

"Me... me too." He said as his voice broke slightly. He quickly walked past them and went to his room.

The girls went to their room and all sat together.

"Could we have done anything?" Aoife signed. Mina simply shook her head. "No..."

Natasha sighed as she looked at the clock. "Well... I have to be on patrol. I'll see y'all later." She left the two in the room.

Aoife glanced at Mina who pulled out her spider suit. Aoife quickly got up. "I gotta get changed into my gear. I'll come get you." She signed as she walked out.

Mina nodded and started to get into her suit.

Aoife got changed and pulled on her mask. She waiting by the elevator for Mina.

Mina walked out with her mask on and coat on. "Let's gooo!!" She said excitedly as they went down the elevator.

When they got to the bottom floor Mina took off. She was swinging through the air, and running along buildings as Aoife ran down below.

Mina ran down the streets and stopped when she saw something run down an alleyway. She frowned as Aoife skidded to a stop behind her.

She walked down the alley and saw a dead thief. It was actually an decaptiated thief. "Venom..." Mina signed.

Aoife stepped in front of Mina and noticed alleyways split into two. Aoife looked at Mina.

Mina took the left and aoife took the right.

The two scanned, looking for anything. Any sign of Venom.

Venom hated the two of them. Especially Aoife because of her Sonic shriek, but Mina was easier to fight for him.

Aoife came to a dead-end. She pulled out her phone and texted Mina.
- nothing. will go further past dead-end. lemme know if anything develops.

Aoife climbs up the building and scans from the roofs.

Aoife struggled to hide on the ground due to her being 6'2 but being on roofs was easier.

She scanned and watched for anything abnormal. She saw a black blur run down the street she pulled up her mask and ran on the rooftops chasing the blur.

She landed behind the blur and Let out a shriek. Venom shrieked and dodged by diving into a alleyway. Aoife stepped over to the alleyway and was promptly tackled to the ground.

A device was placed onto her face causing her to stop her shriek. She could easily remove it but she was not able to due to venom now attacking her front and center.

She jumped back and continued to try and rip the mask off of her face. Venom grabbed her arm and flung her into the wall.

She winced and slammed the back of her head into the wall behind her. The contraption broke, and she let out a shriek.

Venom panicked and ran off. Aoife fell to the ground and started to press Morse code into her intercom.

"I'm on my way!" Mina responded in Morse code.

Aoife sat against the wall and closed her eyes weakly. She was taking in the vibrations of the world around her.

She could sense anyone...

But there was one person who she wanted to sense. She heard someone walking towards her. She opened her eyes and saw Mina landing in front of her.

She may not have been able to hear but she could sense the concern that was coming from Mina. Mina took off her mask and her expression was frantic.

Mina held Aoifes face as she saw her head bleeding. Aoife sensed her own heartbeat picking up. The tall girl simply just signed thank you to her rescuer.

Mina sighed and signed back.

"You're welcome..."

Mina helped Aoife up, which proved to be difficult cause Mina was a whole foot shorter than her. Aoife gently moved Mina off of her and stood up the best she could.

"Put your mask on..." Aoife signed to Mina.

Mina pulled her mask on and grabbed her intercom calling for a portal from strange.

"Did you find venom?" Mina signed to Aoife.

Aoife nodded. She suddenly sensed a stampede of vibrations rushing towards them. Aoife just jumped in front of Mina and took a full on hit from venom.

Aoife stayed in front of Mina and went to shriek, but suddenly she was hit point blank on her eyes.

She stumbled and fell to the ground. She couldn't see anything.

Her heart rate picked up, and panic started to set in.

Minas eyes widened. "Aoife!" Mina rushed at Venom and kicked him away from her. She activated her webs and made them electrical.

She was pissed.

"Don't touch Aoife!" Mina said angrily. She rushed at venom and started to fight him.

She was probably the strongest of the spiders.

And the smartest.

And the most ruthless.